Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Kitech Free RS 15m ultra light

Postby Adventure Logs » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:44 pm

kitexpert wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:27 pm
Adventure Logs wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:23 am
...since the owner sews them himself. A positive on this though is the quality control has to be fantastic.
:?: :lol: If that was true FRS would be rarest production kite in the world. Kite manufacture is very labor intensive business, it needs lot of skilled and fast workers. Usually kites are made in Far East/China where good and cheap labor is available.
Unless things have changed in the last 6 months or so, FRS doesn’t make them in Asia. Of course my info could be wrong.

Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Big Air, Kiteloops, Hydrofoil, Wave
Gear: Eleveight

Postby Kitemanmuc » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:52 pm

Adventure Logs wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:44 pm
kitexpert wrote:
Adventure Logs wrote:
...since the owner sews them himself. A positive on this though is the quality control has to be fantastic.
:?: :lol: If that was true FRS would be rarest production kite in the world. Kite manufacture is very labor intensive business, it needs lot of skilled and fast workers. Usually kites are made in Far East/China where good and cheap labor is available.
Unless things have changed in the last 6 months or so, FRS doesn’t make them in Asia. Of course my info could be wrong.
FRS is made by hand in Hungary. There is a specialized team that makes each kite and then there is quality control.

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:57 pm

You can indeed have good fun with this FSR even if you are skilled, it is so agile ! But above all it is a very friendly kite, very good as first foilkite for example ; When I tried the FRS (12 then 9 for a long time), my primary feel was : you feel as if you already know this kite for years... it has actually no "punishing behaviour" even if you miss the good timing for a loop, thank to a good turn even slacked lines , combined with an almost instant depower and excellent relaunch; that put the rider in very confident condition for progressing and one of the best (if not the best I know) foilkite-beginner kite ; only its instability under 6-7 knots (if you let the bar fully go away) is against its very good plug-and-play feature, but you just need to know it ; and trust the light version is even "easier" on this point !

Ulrik
Medium Poster
Style: Freeride, Hydrofoil,Waveriding
Gear: Shinn BronQ CRB4
Groove Skate 130,
Nobile Kite skim
Kitech FreeRS
Naish Pivot
Gong Unik
GONG KITEFOIL ALLVATOR FREEWAVE

Postby Ulrik » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:00 pm

kitexpert wrote:
Adventure Logs wrote:
Dear Mr "know it all" :remybussi: I present to you "The rarest production kite in the world" https://translate.google.dk/translate?s ... t=&act=url
These users thanked the author Ulrik for the post (total 2):
downunder (Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:53 am) • foilholio (Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:04 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy

Postby kitexpert » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:48 pm

Ok, Hungary is AFAIK a country where relatively cheap labor is available, good for them (or is it?). But to claim that owner sews kites is of course wrong, he should and for sure has other things to do.

I know how kites are made better than anyone in this forum 8) ,or I'm interested to hear who knows it better. All kind of traction kites.

Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Big Air, Kiteloops, Hydrofoil, Wave
Gear: Eleveight

Postby Kitemanmuc » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:18 pm

kitexpert wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:48 pm
Ok, Hungary is AFAIK a country where relatively cheap labor is available, good for them (or is it?). But to claim that owner sews kites is of course wrong, he should and for sure has other things to do.

I know how kites are made better than anyone in this forum 8) ,or I'm interested to hear who knows it better. All kind of traction kites.
The owner, Attila, does sew some of the kites himself. Especially when behind on orders in the winter when he is not teaching at his kite school.

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy

Postby kitexpert » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:20 pm

Ok, that is interesting. I hope they will grow to the next level so that owner can hire enough people to manufacturing and he can concentrate developing kites and taking care of business in general. Shortly, sell more kites.

Sewing kites is quite monotonous work, but for sure it is ok every now and then. Not many kite brand owner could do it proficiently so :thumb: to Attila.

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:42 am

Ha ha

The owner of this company:
https://www.krilo.hr/

Which is in my old country, does sew a bit bigger "kites" for a major paragliding brands in the EU.

They work in 3 shifts. Sure, all manual labor, its not like robotic cars production in Japan :)

Labor is paid as any other manual labor.

In developed countries like Australia, no one would even attempt to do this, we are spoiled by "any" day surfing. As opposed to country with long winters...

Good article, enjoy reading. Thx

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:07 pm

Amazing with talk of AI replacing workers, how difficult it is to get a robot to sew something.

elguapo
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: pattaya
Gear: ..
Has thanked: 0

Postby elguapo » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:46 pm

doesnt the drexler dude of kiteboarding maui also sew his kites?
(or at least he did...and i'm pretty sure i heard this directly from his mouth)

Return to “Foil Kites”