Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kitech Free RS 15m ultra light

For all foil kite riders
tomtom
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Kitech Free RS 15m ultra light

Postby tomtom » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:16 am

I think Soul is most misleading marketed kite. Its not in same foil freeride category than FRS or HL. It is completely different kite than FRS or Hyperlink. Soul is Chrono freerace category. Performance and boosting. FRS and HL is HANDLING and power dosing. FRS is fastest turning and best bar feel and handling closed cell foil kite i ever try. HL V2 included. BTW FRS is not hyperlink copy - its actually older kite. I think its 14 iteration of they freeride kite.

kuit
Rare Poster
Gear: 9m & 12m Kitech Free RS
15m Kitech Free RS UL
12m Ocean Rodeo Flite gen 6
10m Ozone Enduro V2
7m Ocean Rodeo Prodigy gen 4
Moses Comet 111 / Moses Fluente 91 / 590 & 633 Frontwings / 330 & 483 Stabilisers
Moses T60 / T38
Ten The Mark
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kuit » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:15 pm

Kitech FreeRS 15M UL 4-7 kts 21m lines
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2019-04-05 at 14.59.14.jpeg

Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Big Air, Kiteloops, Hydrofoil, Wave
Gear: Eleveight

Postby Kitemanmuc » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:52 pm

Adventure Logs wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:01 pm
I wonder how much more airtight this new fabric will be. From what I observed on the beach in Miami, they lose their air pretty quickly and I’ve seen relaunching problems because of it. Looks like a fun kite though, pretty nimble. I don’t know if it turns faster or just differently than the Soul. It seems to pivot more like the Sonic. Again I haven’t flown one yet, just what I’ve ovserved from the beach.
Im one of the guys that has this kite on Miami Beach. I had an FRS, sold it, got a Soul and sold it to get back on an FRS. You cant compare these kites. The Soul has a lot more bells and whistles. Its much slower turning. It was actually supposed to by the Speed5 but it was so darn good they gave it a whole new name all together. The FRS, is a different animal though, turns way faster, drifts way better, has a similar vertical boost but less hang time than the soul. The kite stays inflated quite long, not as long as the Soul but a lot more than the Hyperlink for example. The Soul is in a category of its own there. For my style of riding, the FRS is way more fun for an advanced rider as there is so much performance you can tap in to. The Soul is super easy to fly. It auto relaunches basically, boost big but is kind of a one trick pony. The FRS loves to be thrown around and be in the hands of a kiter who is going to put it through its paces. That said. The bar sucks on the FRS. Ive kinda built my own.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:00 am

Kitemanmuc wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:52 pm

Im one of the guys that has this kite on Miami Beach. I had an FRS, sold it, got a Soul and sold it to get back on an FRS. You cant compare these kites. The Soul has a lot more bells and whistles. Its much slower turning. It was actually supposed to by the Speed5 but it was so darn good they gave it a whole new name all together. The FRS, is a different animal though, turns way faster, drifts way better, has a similar vertical boost but less hang time than the soul. The kite stays inflated quite long, not as long as the Soul but a lot more than the Hyperlink for example. The Soul is in a category of its own there. For my style of riding, the FRS is way more fun for an advanced rider as there is so much performance you can tap in to. The Soul is super easy to fly. It auto relaunches basically, boost big but is kind of a one trick pony. The FRS loves to be thrown around and be in the hands of a kiter who is going to put it through its paces. That said. The bar sucks on the FRS. Ive kinda built my own.
What size Soul did you have? I’m asking but in my experience each size of the Soul acts different and to me it feels the smaller the size, the better suited for HF it seems to be.

My 15m just is too large for me on my 633. It’s just too grunty/powerful but I can make it work if need be. It is fantastic of a foil for twintip especially on the upper side of its wind window.

My 8m drifts better than the 15m, less bar pressure, and faster turning which will still de powered/trimmed out. To me this size is a fantastic dual purpose for TT and HF. The loop is still pretty powerful but more manageable and damn fun during powered kiteloops.

I’ve had my 6m now for about 2 months and I feel this size is better suited for HF than TT. It drifts extremely well, recovers very easily, and has a very docile and manageable loop. It’s not as fun on TT but I find myself pulling it out more often now if I can when I fool even if I’m underpowered.

So yea in my opinion, you can’t scale the size of the Soul and expect the same results. I am looking to replace my 15m with something smaller and a little more manageable but for me boosting/hangtime are still extremely important and it needs to be still fun on TT. Like I said earlier, I really hope to try a FRS next month while I’m down there.

omg
Very Frequent Poster

Postby omg » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:03 am

I have 12m Soul and it's the kite for the very marginal winds for me with HF. I do appreciate the power during the loops it produces. It's basically a kite whose lowend is limited to how the kite stays in the air, not like LEIs where the lack of power limits the low end range (with small/normal sized boards, not talking abt mega big boards). My understanding is that the FRS doesn't produce the power in loops that much, so it's horses for courses. Neither one is better nor worse, just different and pick your poison based on your needs.

tomtom
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomtom » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:36 am

I have 89 kg and FRS 9m is my biggest kite on onda. My low end is 7 knts. FRS is only marginaly less powerfull than Soul size per size. Its not so different than Soul power wise. Biggest difference is turning and handling. btw My observation about slow turning soul are from 8m... Slow turning no /instant/ depower... Soul is good kite - but not freeride wave HF kite

Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Big Air, Kiteloops, Hydrofoil, Wave
Gear: Eleveight

Postby Kitemanmuc » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:21 pm

Adventure Logs wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:00 am
Kitemanmuc wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:52 pm

What size Soul did you have? I’m asking but in my experience each size of the Soul acts different and to me it feels the smaller the size, the better suited for HF it seems to be.

My 15m just is too large for me on my 633. It’s just too grunty/powerful but I can make it work if need be. It is fantastic of a foil for twintip especially on the upper side of its wind window.

My 8m drifts better than the 15m, less bar pressure, and faster turning which will still de powered/trimmed out. To me this size is a fantastic dual purpose for TT and HF. The loop is still pretty powerful but more manageable and damn fun during powered kiteloops.

I’ve had my 6m now for about 2 months and I feel this size is better suited for HF than TT. It drifts extremely well, recovers very easily, and has a very docile and manageable loop. It’s not as fun on TT but I find myself pulling it out more often now if I can when I fool even if I’m underpowered.

So yea in my opinion, you can’t scale the size of the Soul and expect the same results. I am looking to replace my 15m with something smaller and a little more manageable but for me boosting/hangtime are still extremely important and it needs to be still fun on TT. Like I said earlier, I really hope to try a FRS next month while I’m down there.
I had the 12, 10 and 8

for boosting and hangtime the soul is hard to beat. Let me know when you are here. I’m sure someone will let you demo the kitech.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:55 pm

^^^I think I heard of you. Didn't like the higher bar pressure. I'm usually at the 76th launch when I'm there. I think I love the Soul because it's also great at twintip which I still ride often and I also love to loop my foils and the power is addicting.

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy

Postby kitexpert » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:27 pm

Adventure Logs wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:23 am
...since the owner sews them himself. A positive on this though is the quality control has to be fantastic.
:?: :lol: If that was true FRS would be rarest production kite in the world. Kite manufacture is very labor intensive business, it needs lot of skilled and fast workers. Usually kites are made in Far East/China where good and cheap labor is available.

tomtom
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomtom » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:32 pm

Its exactly like that, same as Concept Air. Actually CA can be even more one man show than Kitech.

Return to “Foil Kites”