Well pleased with tuned Pansh Aurora 12m2 ultra lite

For all foil kite riders
revhed
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: france
Gear: kites

Re: Well pleased with tuned Pansh Aurora 12m2 ultra lite

Postby revhed » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:47 pm

Yes 40 m lines, I like lots of wind window for bail out down loop if needed, AND nice LOOONG power loops!
Also, at least here, Med sea, S France, HUGE beach, foiling early afternoon thermals seems more wind up higher.
Pig tail xtensions starting 3 in from tip at kite,, A, top, 1 cm, 1 1/ 2 cm, 2 cm, now NO wing tip tuck, but maybe my pilot skills better?
Steering line thin as .8 mm best I can measure.
I must say however,
I feel U L RAM AIR kites are a little fragile when it comes to filling them with water and sand, then having to clean them out, and if pulled from the sea full
then air tightness seems a little lost?
So far mine has never been wet, but I stay close to shore and come in if wind to little OR to much.
As soon as I can foil with OLD, VERY OLD NORTH Vegas 14 m2 on 53 m , then do and often go direct to 12m2 with 33 m limes.
I do this to "save" my cheap Pansh.
r h

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Regis-de-giens » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:00 pm

You need to be cautious when you have to drag it from water to beach, when filled with water. Pull very gently on a large cloth surface, and take advantage of all little waves ending on the beach to push the kite further up to the beach. This is also why even if you close to the beach, it is sometimes more secure (for the kite cloth and seams integrity) to roll the kite in the water : that expulses part of the water and your prehension of the kite is better , less local hence less strains, and shorter duration, so less abrasion (way and back ragings due to waves) on the sand.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby foilholio » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:14 am

To clean the sand and dry is best to just fly them. One problem with pansh is it doesn't have permanent openings at the tips to bleed sand out. You could do something to the velcro at the tip to temporarily or permanently open part of it.
revhed wrote: Pig tail xtensions starting 3 in from tip at kite,, A, top, 1 cm, 1 1/ 2 cm, 2 cm, now NO wing tip tuck, but maybe my pilot skills better?
So from the tip is 2cm then, 1.5cm, the 1cm? This is similar to the way in which A bridles shrink at the tip.

I have been exploring what I guess could be called a Full Mixer Test. Like a long mixer test, but with all the bridles on one side. I compared differences with the shortest bridle, in this case the tip Z. The measuring process is quite quick, but setting up the data and analysis is longer. My take away so far I feel that even going back to the Pyscho 4, Flysurfer has made some account for how the bridles shrink, particularly with Z. Therefore making adjustments back to factory may not be how the kite is optimally meant to be. Which would confer with my findings with restretching, which returns the kite to basically factory though a little universally shorter, and then the kite may not fly quite right but after a short while it would then be good. Which would be because of partial shrinking again.

One thing that I noticed or stupidly missed, is like on the mixer the bridles are the same in that small changes in A to B are conferred to larger usually 4x the change of Z. Which is to say basically that a small reduction in A can contribute a large amount of over tightening of Z like happens at the tips.

My hope in all this is to understand the bridles a bit better. Already I grasp the camber changes over all, but their effects at different parts of the wing I would like to know more. I have explored Z more less at the tips and center. Now onto B and C.

Return to “Foil Kites”