Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

New to Soul, Which Bar?

For all foil kite riders
User avatar
Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 707
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:18 pm
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Punta del Diablo, Uruguay
Favorite Beaches: Durban, SA
Corpus Christi
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Slinghot, Nobile, Zeeko
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 15 times
Contact:

Re: New to Soul, Which Bar?

Postby Adventure Logs » Fri May 10, 2019 9:40 pm

SolarSet wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:13 pm
Yeah my dealer confirmed end of May as well. I hope they got everything right as I don't like to be guinea pig
This bar looks to be built by a different company, not home Flysurfer grown, so I expect it to be pretty good. My problem will be that I’ve heard the ironheart qr is very heavy which means the bar most likely is going to be heavier than the Infinity bar. FS use to make a really light weight bar back in the day. Guess that’s not ever coming back.

Ice101
Medium Poster
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:06 am
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: New to Soul, Which Bar?

Postby Ice101 » Sat May 11, 2019 10:34 am

I use the ozone contact 55cm with 20m lines on my soul 12m. The ozone bars are excellent. The new click quick release is also the safest on the market currently way safer than the pin type iron heart ones. If you have ever had an accident and hurt yourself when the wind is up 9m kite levels and tried to pull in that safety line after a quick release and then tried to hold the safety while trying to reassemble a quick release with the iron heart plastic hood type release, to get the chicken loop back together you will know what I mean! It’s bloody hard work and scary when suffering with pain.
The ozone you literally just push the chicken loop back together. Best safety device out there.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2653
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:20 am
Kiting since: 1337
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: New to Soul, Which Bar?

Postby foilholio » Sat May 11, 2019 2:30 pm

Yep it's the best! Best at breaking legs!
These users thanked the author foilholio for the post:
cor (Mon May 13, 2019 2:47 pm)
Rating: 10%

User avatar
Gonzolinho
Medium Poster
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:11 pm
Kiting since: 2050
Gear: too much
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: New to Soul, Which Bar?

Postby Gonzolinho » Sat May 11, 2019 11:01 pm

foilholio wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 2:30 pm
Yep it's the best! Best at breaking legs!
:accident: :accident:

his career is over

PurdyKiter
Rare Poster
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:53 pm
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Jones Beach, The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Flysurfer Soul, BRM Clouds, Moses
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: New to Soul, Which Bar?

Postby PurdyKiter » Sun May 12, 2019 9:34 pm

Ice101 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 10:34 am
I use the ozone contact 55cm with 20m lines on my soul 12m. The ozone bars are excellent. The new click quick release is also the safest on the market currently way safer than the pin type iron heart ones. If you have ever had an accident and hurt yourself when the wind is up 9m kite levels and tried to pull in that safety line after a quick release and then tried to hold the safety while trying to reassemble a quick release with the iron heart plastic hood type release, to get the chicken loop back together you will know what I mean! It’s bloody hard work and scary when suffering with pain.
The ozone you literally just push the chicken loop back together. Best safety device out there.
Well darn. I just purchased my Ozone Foil Race bar at 2X the Contact price :(
Nice to learn from you (and watched a video) that it reassembles with a simple push. Nice

cor
Medium Poster
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:20 pm
Kiting since: 2007
Gear: -
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: New to Soul, Which Bar?

Postby cor » Mon May 13, 2019 2:55 pm

Ice101 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 10:34 am
The new click quick release is also the safest on the market currently way safer than the pin type iron heart ones.
Yeah... we've all seen that. :-? :-?

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:26 pm
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: F-one Bandit 12 7m, 10m, Breeze 13m
Lieuwe Shotgun 132
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: New to Soul, Which Bar?

Postby andylc » Mon May 13, 2019 4:12 pm

I know we all like to go on about this but has ANYONE else had any issue AT ALL with the Ozone V4 chicken loop release, other than Ruben Lenten who seems to have provided pretty good evidence that it was his mistake and not the release?

Ice101
Medium Poster
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:06 am
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: New to Soul, Which Bar?

Postby Ice101 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:23 pm

Guess not. ;-)

User avatar
Janus
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 800
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 9:34 am
Kiting since: 2001
Style: Freeride
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Razor '12, 10, 7 & 5m, Flite '12 15m.
Flysurfer Soul 10m, 12m & 6m.
North X-Ride 129x38
Naish Custom Wave Global 5.7
Nobile Skim
Nobile Zen & Infinity Split
Dynabar
BGD Cure M
Niviuk Zion 15
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Netherlands
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: New to Soul, Which Bar?

Postby Janus » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:24 am

andylc wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 4:12 pm
I know we all like to go on about this but has ANYONE else had any issue AT ALL with the Ozone V4 chicken loop release, other than Ruben Lenten who seems to have provided pretty good evidence that it was his mistake and not the release?
evidence?.. you mean brand loyalty. Accidental QR activation should not be able to happen like that. :nono:

Macster
Medium Poster
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:16 am
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: Melbourne
Gear: Moses and Ozone
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: New to Soul, Which Bar?

Postby Macster » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:41 am

I have done probably 1000 x kite loop jumps on my Ozone Enduros and 500 x loops on my Souls also using an ozone bar with the latest chicken loop over the last 7 months.

Safety has unintentionally popped once but not when jumping, I was doing a surface trick and must have knocked it.

Donkey dick has come off maybe 6x resulting in undesired unhooking. Changed my technique for setting the donkey dick a few months back and it is hasn't happened again.

My loops and jumps are getting around 10-12m in height now so I am a bit nervous about Lens accident but I dont really have reason to be.


Return to “Foil Kites”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Ice101 and 3 guests

cron