Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: New to Soul, Which Bar?

Postby Adventure Logs » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:28 pm

cwood wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:39 pm
I'm a 60 on all but 6m kinda guy. I rode my speed5 6m yesterday with the 50cm bar and it seemed almost ridiculously small even on the 6 :-) .....can't imagine it on the 10 or 12, but of course would work just fine.... I guess its all what the brain gets used to.
I use to be that way with the older Speeds but now I find with the larger bars, if I crank them too much the kite will pivot more than loop with less power and that's not my style. I think it's why I love my Souls so much is because of their powerful loop but even them with a larger bar they can stall/pivot turn like the Sonics.

cor
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: -

Postby cor » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:17 pm

I use a click bar on my Soul and it works perfectly. I use different length of pig tails to shorten the steering lines.

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Hel Peninsula
Gear: This & that

Postby SolarSet » Thu May 09, 2019 3:45 pm

Anyone heard anything about new FS bar? first it suppose to be in beginning of April according to FS guys I met in cape verde, then after eastern and now??? Need to buy some bar soon as ridden my Soul 15m first time on Cabrinha 52cm trim fix on line 22m and seem like long lines are making this kite very sloooow. Was hoping for new FS bar with 17m lines + 3m extensions

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Punta del Diablo, Urugay

Postby Adventure Logs » Thu May 09, 2019 4:08 pm

SolarSet wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 3:45 pm
Anyone heard anything about new FS bar? first it suppose to be in beginning of April according to FS guys I met in cape verde, then after eastern and now??? Need to buy some bar soon as ridden my Soul 15m first time on Cabrinha 52cm trim fix on line 22m and seem like long lines are making this kite very sloooow. Was hoping for new FS bar with 17m lines + 3m extensions
They won’t release it without a new kite as well. I also heard mid April but perhaps there’s a production delay or something, no idea. Looks like a new inflatable and new splitboards are coming soon as well. I’ve been waiting on the new Sonic but haven’t had any word on that yet either.

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SolarSet » Thu May 09, 2019 4:22 pm

Dealer told me there will not be any new split board as they moved factory and new one doesn't have capacity to make split board or something like this, pick current split if you can find it anywhere. I wonder if delay in a new bar is due to design or production issue?

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Punta del Diablo, Urugay

Postby Adventure Logs » Thu May 09, 2019 6:27 pm

SolarSet wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 4:22 pm
Dealer told me there will not be any new split board as they moved factory and new one doesn't have capacity to make split board or something like this, pick current split if you can find it anywhere. I wonder if delay in a new bar is due to design or production issue?
This would be news to me, was this recent? I was told by another dealer about 6 months ago to expect it in April/May. You're dealer might just be telling you that to make you buy one now. I'm sure if it came down to it, they could always use Nobile's factories since they are very similar boards/construction. And if not that sucks because my original Flysplit M is very very aged and I need a new one but I won't buy the next gen because it's basically the same board.

I think we will see the new bar come out with I think will be the Stoke 2. I assumed we would be seeing a new Sonic/Speed by now but maybe will all the new foils being released lately, FS has decided to do a little tweaking. This is all speculation, but there hasn't been any little hints or spoilers which you usually hear on the German forums when a new foil is about to come out.

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SolarSet » Thu May 09, 2019 8:45 pm

Spoken with dealer few weeks ago during demo days so news is quite fresh,
Don't think they will cooperate with Nobile with respect to production I think they have some beef. I think FS will more likely use Shinn factory as they make board in Poland too, had sometime ago conversion with guy from Shinn and he admitted that they are working on split version but would first try to sell it under other brand.
Dealer I've spoken to doesn't have any flysplit board in stock so doesn't have a reason to lie about next gen.

Similar to you I was looking forward to new FS split board preferable with less rocker and concave that my current NHP Split 2018 as for my weight 92kg when traveling I'm limiting myself on low end wind conditions. It's fantastic board in overpower conditions but rather be prepare for too little wind than for too much.

I'm surprised that Nobile doesn't make more freeride board in split like T5 which is more allrounad board.

For me and my family when traveling being allowed to pack everything in nobile check-in luggage is very convenient
Last edited by SolarSet on Fri May 10, 2019 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Janus
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Private Kite & Wing Beach d'Epine
Style: Freeride
Gear: *

Postby Janus » Thu May 09, 2019 9:41 pm

SolarSet wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 3:45 pm
Anyone heard anything about new FS bar? first it suppose to be in beginning of April according to FS guys I met in cape verde, then after eastern and now??? ...
I’ve been told end of May. I would struggle on with what you got, at least I do.. 8)

HALF
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Weight: 94
Gear: 15m FS Soul2, 12m Reedin Supermodel, 9m Cabrinha Radar, 9m Flysurfer Speed5, 14m Airush Ultra v2
Airush Switch 144, Naish Monarch 138, Naish Monarch 136, Airush Slayer v2

Postby HALF » Fri May 10, 2019 9:56 am

In less than 2 weeks they will have the bar on sale along with a new kite(not a foil). If you know a dealer, you may be able to pre order even now.

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SolarSet » Fri May 10, 2019 5:13 pm

Yeah my dealer confirmed end of May as well. I hope they got everything right as I don't like to be guinea pig

Return to “Foil Kites”