Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

New F-one Halo. Any more info about this kite?

For all foil kite riders
foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: New F-one Halo. Any more info about this kite?

Postby foilholio » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:17 pm

Sorry but if you are calling drift or lightweight weird, that is very naive.

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy

Postby kitexpert » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:45 pm

foilholio wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:17 pm
I don't think so. I've been kiting a week in a row (or more :) :?: ) and not needed any drifting or light weight advantages at all. Only high performance for speed, boosting high, going fast upwind, and doing some long trips and doing things not many have done with a kite. Good times 8)

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:49 pm

Did he just state that he could design a kite better than the Soul?

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:26 pm

Could you please tell us which, among below available kites , you have actually tested, with their size and board type please; here tje list , in their order of commercial start, by respect of politness:
- pansh a15
- Conceptair Pulsion
- ozone Hyperlink
- kitech FRS
- flysurfer Soul
- F-one Halo

It is a constructive request, not provocative , kindly believe me. It would be nice to get your personnal rating for each og them.

@windmaker : Same classification by yourself (as unik halo tester today) would be also interesting please. I understand you are not in line with such rating, but say focussing on your pratice, ect ...

mar menor
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 70kgs
Local Beach: Mar Menor - los narejos ,la llana, Cabo de palos
Favorite Beaches: Calblanque, El Pinet
Gear: Ozone Alpha V2 10m,PLKB Ozone Alpha v1 8m,PLKB Synergy and Swell 8m & 6m
Boards-Groove skate and moses 633 and 679,north fish.ocean rodeo mako,Nobile 666
Brand Affiliation: Ozone ,PLKB,Prolimit

Postby mar menor » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:26 pm

Just like to point out Ozone Hyperlink (v1) no longer in production
The v2 is already available on the OS for distributors

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:12 pm

kitexpert wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:45 pm
foilholio wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:17 pm
I don't think so. I've been kiting a week in a row (or more :) :?: ) and not needed any drifting or light weight advantages at all. Only high performance for speed, boosting high, going fast upwind, and doing some long trips and doing things not many have done with a kite. Good times 8)

Kitexpert you have just proven what I stated. Let me quote myself.
foilholio wrote: I can only say designers struggle with these aspects of the sport because of limited exposure to them.
No doubt you know something about designing kites. Maybe you could design better drifting kites and surely lighter kites. But I think you need the desire. Which I don't think you will have without seeing the need or some other incentive, like money, which actually is just another need.

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:30 am

Could you please kindly take some seconds to answer this objective question:
Regis-de-giens wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:26 pm
Could you please tell us which, among below available kites , you have actually tested, with their size and board type please; here tje list , in their order of commercial start, by respect of politness:
- pansh a15
- Conceptair Pulsion
- ozone Hyperlink
- kitech FRS
- flysurfer Soul
- F-one Halo

It is a constructive request, not provocative , kindly believe me. It would be nice to get your personnal rating for each og them.
Not responding just puts additional doubts on the consistence of your interventions.

About your statement :
kitexpert wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:45 pm
and not needed any drifting or light weight advantages at all. Only high performance for speed, boosting high, going fast upwind, and doing some long trips and doing things not many have done with a kite.

I suppose that even yourself you feel that it is quite reductive and focussing to one type of use, no? Or clearly state that you only like race kites which is not coherent with your other previous statments:
- you supporting Soul while Sonic2 and vmg exists from same Brand.
- your love of LEI Airush Ultra vs foilkites in very light winds, stating that its performance / upwind is enough for your need vs foil kites.
- your designs trials and snapshots on medium ratio kite.

Come-on kitexpert ... it is hard to follow you...
Last edited by Regis-de-giens on Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:44 am

Regis-de-giens wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:26 pm
- pansh a15
- Conceptair Pulsion
- ozone Hyperlink
- kitech FRS
- flysurfer Soul
- F-one Halo

@windmaker : Same classification by yourself (as unik halo tester today) would be also interesting please. I understand you are not in line with such rating, but say focussing on your pratice, ect ...
Although i have been kitefoiling since 2005 (with inflatables) i am not a foil kite expert. I have owned Diablo's V1 and V3 still own Navy 2's and on various opportunities tried Sonic's, Hyperlink and Soul.

I have only tested the 8m for an hour on my hydrofoil but tomorrow if possible will have a go on the 12m which I have only flown on the beach. It is hard for me to make a comparison between models without trying them back to back but what stands out with the Halo is it's responsiveness and comfort similar to the Navy2. Fits my program of freeride performance.

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy

Postby kitexpert » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:00 pm

Half an hour work to show how 15m Halo bridle should have been done. This saves 1/3 of tertiary bridle and is therefore cleaner and simpler and has less drag. I didn't have interest to find out what is overall length of Halo bridle and if there is some room to optimizing as well. Neither is this design completed, it is just approximately correct showing a better way to do it.

Of course that weird 6 level bridge bridle for brakes should be redesigned as well, it could be very well similar to other line rows like in this picture but because brakes have a bit different role how they work without certain limitations they can and quite often are separately designed. There is some additional line/drag saving possibility there, that and some other reasons are why I design it always separately.

Long single lines in the middle of Halo brakes are serious suspects for shrinking. Halo user manual with different bridles for different sizes and that kind of brakes with their own "level diagrams" is a bit intimidating even for experienced user...

15m design in Halo is from better end of the spectrum by its bridle spacing and cascading and how inner structures and air intakes are fitted in. Like I've written earlier some cell counts are better than other, or at least easier to design. I think that is why FS has Soul in only two configurations, in 35 cells and 43 cells. Of course everything can be squished together if needed and not too much care for details is taken :roll:

After all Halo is obviously a very serious kite. By its design and specs it is close to equal to Soul and in some respects even above.

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:32 pm

I don't look at bridles and design quirks I just let the others do the hard work and ride the kite :)

I was told by someone on the design team that the Halo was specifically designed to compete with the Soul. Whether they succeeded time will tell. We should be getting some reviews shortly .

Return to “Foil Kites”