Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

light wind conditions comparison Ozone Chrono V2 UL versus Concept Air Pulsion 18m

For all foil kite riders
wil
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Raglan, Tauranga New Zealand
Favorite Beaches: Aitutaki
Style: free ride
Gear: Switch Kites and Decay boards, Naish Venturi, NJS CF6, Makaira Zeeko foil, Home made foil Clearwater creations wings
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

light wind conditions comparison Ozone Chrono V2 UL versus Concept Air Pulsion 18m

Postby wil » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:42 pm

Hi Have the Chrono V2 UL 18 and the 15m Concept Air Pulsion UL (27 gr). Which kite would be more stable, easier to fly and stay in the air the longest.

I am considering purchasing the Concept Air but would like some feedback about the pro's and con's of both kites. Using kites for hydrofoiling.

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Re: light wind conditions comparison Ozone Chrono V2 UL versus Concept Air Pulsion 18m

Postby Regis-de-giens » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:00 pm

You want a comparison between chrono 18 vs Pulsion 18 ? or chrono 18 vs Pulsion 15 ? I can compare Pulsion 15m and 18m if it helps you but I do not know the Chrono ;

Could you put the Chrono on a scale as a discussion starter ? Pulsion 18m is 2300/2400 gr

wil
Medium Poster
Gear: Switch Kites and Decay boards, Naish Venturi, NJS CF6, Makaira Zeeko foil, Home made foil Clearwater creations wings

Re: light wind conditions comparison Ozone Chrono V2 UL versus Concept Air Pulsion 18m

Postby wil » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:08 pm

Hi Regis, yes also interested in the difference between the pulsion 15 and 18. I do like the 15m but in very light wind conditions it probably did not have enough grunt to get me going and it fell back in the window. I have 3 different types of foil kites. I presume it would be easier to have all of them the same type. Have 12m Ozone Hyperlink, 15m pulsion light weight and the 18m chrono v2 UL.

wil
Medium Poster

Postby wil » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:16 pm

Hi Regis, yes also interested in the difference between the pulsion 15 and 18. I do like the 15m but in very light wind conditions it probably did not have enough grunt to get me going and it fell back in the window. I have 3 different types of foil kites. I presume it would be easier to have all of them the same type. Have 12m Ozone Hyperlink, 15m pulsion light weight and the 18m chrono v2 UL.

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:26 pm

wil wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:16 pm
in very light wind conditions it probably did not have enough grunt to get me going and it fell back in the window.
Pulsion 27gr going backward due to lack of wind is either really marginal wind or your rear lines are too short ; have you tried to pull on the trim of the bar ? in very light wind I pull almost all of the trim; then on the speed system of the kite, you can put the setting knot coming from the "A" briddle closer to the bar : this will give more camber, hence better hanging in no wind, larger grunt and faster turn (but worse high end and instabnilities in very irregular winds);

About Pulsion 18 vs 15m : what is your weight ? hang in the air is similar, but require more anticipation or work in marginal wind since it has a higher aspect ratio ; turn is wider, less grunt behaviour (but compensated by +3m2), more straight speed and tensions in the legs ; IMO to optimize the low end on the P18 you need 30 m lines;

IMO you should get a better hanging in the air, easier work and grunt force during water start with the P18 vs Chrono 18, hence better "real low end " with Pulsion, but a bit less speed that when you have enough wind to ride with a Chrono;

here is the static tests in marginal wind :
- the p18m:

- the P15m:

Similar wind limit I would say with a bit more skill required for the P18, wind hardly measurable on the beach in any case

Return to “Foil Kites”