Rare Poster
Gear: A few Access foils
Kahoona 12
Rally 14, 15
Learning on a 6m WASP
Brand Affiliation: None

Upgrading chickenloop on 5-line Ozone

Postby soplo » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:59 pm

Hello, I’m upgrading my chickenloop from an older “pull” to a bigger “push” release. But I’d love some extra eyeballs and any pointers how to reconnect everything, please.

This is an 8m Ozone Access foil from, I think, 2013ish. It has a 5th safety line (but not the re-ride because it’s older than that).

The front/center lines split a ways up, so there’s a single attachment closer to the bar. Since I’m switching to a different pulley, I need to change how it all goes together.

Do I more or less have this right on using the pulley: Attach the front lines to the smaller side and run the 5th line through the bigger side?

Will this dramatically affect the length of the lines after I do it (like, will I want to get extensions)?

Thank you for any input!

Justin
Attachments
IMG_3657-2.png

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Re: Upgrading chickenloop on 5-line Ozone

Postby foilholio » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:58 am

That is for a front line safety , one front line with a ball to stop it on the larger side. You could hook it up however you want, as front line or fifth line. Fifth line thru side or not.
soplo wrote: Attach the front lines to the smaller side and run the 5th line through the bigger side?
Sure
soplo wrote: Will this dramatically affect the length of the lines after I do it (like, will I want to get extensions)?
No idea. I don't have it to measure. :-)

soplo
Rare Poster
Gear: A few Access foils
Kahoona 12
Rally 14, 15
Learning on a 6m WASP

Re: Upgrading chickenloop on 5-line Ozone

Postby soplo » Thu May 02, 2019 7:14 pm

Thanks, so it sounds like I'm not dangerously way off in putting it together. It makes sense, but I'm slowly wrapping my brain around the idea that maybe a pulley is a pulley, and as long as the lengths line up and the 5th line moves freely, it should be good. Maybe add some extensions if needed.

Thanks again,
Justin

Return to “Foil Kites”