Local Beach: Jones Beach, The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Flysurfer Soul, BRM Clouds, Moses
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 6m Soul as step down from 10m?

Postby PurdyKiter » Sun May 12, 2019 6:45 pm

Me: 150 pounds, %95 foil riding, non-race
OK, I just recently purchased the 12m Soul exclusively for foiling in very light winds on a large frying pan wing (Moses 633).
The remainder of my quiver is all Cloud strut-less so you pretty much cannot find two animals which perform so differently.
I think my recent swim (2nd Soul session) can be blamed on this operator forgetting for a split second mid-turn that it was not a Cloud.

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Reedin Supermodel V3 7,9,11m, Duotone Juice 13m
Saul Custom Wave Board 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm

Postby andylc » Sun May 12, 2019 6:46 pm

I’m 65kg, I probably didn’t give it enough chance as I’d decided to go back to LEIs. I can quite comfortably hold my 10m Bandit in similar winds, and it handles gusts much better.

slide
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 75kg,now a bit less
Local Beach: Brancaster Norfolk 46 miles- just need a hard beach
Favorite Beaches: mablephorpe , cleephorpes uk-just need a hard beach
Style: landboarding with a petzl work harness
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon landboards, modified airdeck and a home made snow board with barrel wheels ,soul's , spd5's. over 30ish old blades all set up to go ,i like a bit of old skool

Postby slide » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:08 pm

I,ve just brought this combonation , a 6 and 10 soul, I get the 10 friday , and the 6 will follow next week ,so I am plzd you guys think its a good combo and I also have a speed5 15 to set up as I brought this kite only, and I reckon this combonation will work really well ,6 soul 10 soul ,15 sp5 for landboarding

Ice101
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle

Postby Ice101 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:31 am

andylc wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 6:46 pm
I’m 65kg, I probably didn’t give it enough chance as I’d decided to go back to LEIs. I can quite comfortably hold my 10m Bandit in similar winds, and it handles gusts much better.
I have always flown 11 m an 9m bandits. I bought the 15m soul then sold it and bought the 12m then sold that and bought the 10m. The 10m is the money kite it’s as powerful Asa 17m edge or zephyer but had the steering speed just a little less than an 11m Bandit but also the deeper of a 9m bandit. I haven’t used my bandits and have even put my 11m bandit up for sale now. The 10m just does everything the 2 bandits did in one kite and more! I don’t ride waves which may be different but fro free ride and air style that kite is amazing!easily as stable on high winds as my bandits were. Are you sure you were flying your soul on equal length lines. If the back lines are slightly shorter this will make the kite back stall a little and make it twitchy in high wind. But at even length the kite is smooth on higher winds and bloody awesome!

Return to “Foil Kites”