Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: Ozone, Core
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: sea anchor!

Postby deniska » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:17 pm

I just pump up my soul with a hear drier if I cannot fly it in the next few days..
20 minutes and it's completely dry

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1970
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:45 pm

This thread is too funny...

Any foil kiter swimming in would pickup so much sand on the beach that the kite would weight a ton.

That sand is not going out by itself. It is actually proven that some models will take a sand into TE seams and stay there forever.

FOREVER.

That is, if not getting a hose and wash it away. With limited results because it cannot be fully taken away from seams.

The salt is the worst enemy. It deposits and acting as abrasive with a fabric rubbing against it. No? It doesn't? Well, have a look under spreader bar webbings how much salt deposits are there!? Heaps on my harness, heaps. The fabric is all gone.

I cannot comprehend how someone would not take care of all equipment in touch with salt water, but carefully wash a boat every time after boating? Even fiberglass boats with PU coating.

What salt does to zips on Ozone foils is just ridicules. Good luck if not taking care of this. Every time, all the time.

PurdyKiter
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Jones Beach, The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Flysurfer Soul, BRM Clouds, Moses

Postby PurdyKiter » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:18 pm

New to Souls, New to Kiteforum
Once again this forum has provided me with two completely opposite opinions. Salt vs Fresh.
A month ago I crashed my Soul, swam in flooded, no sand anywhere since it was also a boat rescue. "Dried" the Soul for 3 hours with a leaf blower which still left steamy droplets trapped inside. If this were fresh water it would have stained permanently like my old windsurfing sails. The Soul seems so air-tight when 3 hours and it's still damp. Now it's a month later and when I take it out of the bag there's still moisture, but no stains.

Return to “Foil Kites”