For all foil kite riders
Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: New aquatik single skin by Conceptair

Postby Peter_Frank » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:31 pm

gl wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:03 pm
I have concept air pulsions in 9 and 12 m. They both start earlier than the 8 metre Firefly. I can also drift launch them in similar winds to the Firefly. The only downside to those kites are that if they sit in the water for long in light winds I can no longer water relaunch them whereas the Firefly would still go up. Having said that as soon as there's enough wind to ride the Firefly I would rather be on it. for my style of riding I prefer it.

But they are two completely opposite kites...

Concept Air Pulsion in those sizes are for light wind.

Aquatik FireFly's are for waves and overall fun, whereas a 9 and 12 m2 Pulsion is for 6 to 9 knots of wind, and not for riding waves.

Anyone got the Pulsion in 6 and 3.7 m2?

Could be even better than both FireFly and Peak4 for waves :rollgrin:

8) Peter

gl
Medium Poster
Gear: Flysurfer Peak 4 8 and 11, Concept Air Smart, Water Smart, Pulsion, Firefly and Wave kites. Slingshot foil boards and foils, North Nugget

Postby gl » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:39 pm

Peter, I have a Pulsion 6 metre. It is definitely not a wave kite. It sits very forward in the wind window and has big power spikes when diving it that drop off rapidly as it moves the edge of the wind window. It has very good depower. It drives upwind well and goes faster than I want on a surf foil. I prefer it as a snow kite. It is different to the larger sizes.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:06 am

gl wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:39 pm
Peter, I have a Pulsion 6 metre. It is definitely not a wave kite. It sits very forward in the wind window and has big power spikes when diving it that drop off rapidly as it moves the edge of the wind window. It has very good depower. It drives upwind well and goes faster than I want on a surf foil. I prefer it as a snow kite. It is different to the larger sizes.

Thanks, you partly answered my question in the other thread about small single skin versus double skin kites :D

And why double skin performant kites aren't made in really small sizes.
As too small not needed for racing, and don't work well for waves and freeride.

Difficult to handle eventhough loads of power(spikes) and no easy drift capabilities.

8) Peter

Return to “Foil Kites”