The A15 Pansh kites I got flew fine and when I did some bridle/mixer adjustments the trade-off did not outweigh the benefits.
What adjustments did you try?
PugetSoundKiter wrote:10m (A=Z, B=2.5” (right side) B=2.75 (left side)
Check the symmetry higher up as Pansh can make compensations with some bridles for errors in others. It would be good to have it matching at most importantly the canopy but also the mixer.
I tried to reduce the camber to gain stability, sacrificing lift. An easy way to do this was to lengthen the A-Line.
The easiest way to do this is lengthen Z. Z should be your general go to in tuning kites. If you alter A or B you change the depower limit. You may want to do that but you can also do that with the bar. When your depower is reduced the kite loses range, both top end obviously but lowend too as it flys slower and stalls easier.
When you alter A you also alter the ratio of B to C, B being reduced more than C. If you wanted to achieve that when altering Z instead you would also need to alter C, lengthening it.
Something more on depower limit, is all mixers and bridles shrink to reduce it. To get a kite flying like new you want to increase not decrease it. When a kite won't fly forward in light wind but will fly at the window edge this is because of the depower limit. You could actually mod a kite to increase it and so improve the lightwind by reducing stall when it's deep like relaunching.
Some older likes will collapse and invert easy with too much depower. Most new kites are designed to fly with B slack at the window edge, so solely off A. You can easily observe the tension in bridles or lines by how they bend. More bending= no or less tension, i.e. slack.
the kite to fly good static and it rode well using a landboard.
In the end that is all that is important, if you like how it flies. The customization of kites should be purely to how you like them.
so I tried using it with a surfboard but found out it is unstable when I would sine it and it would pick up speed so I could load it up, it would quickly stall the kite.
I am not sure about this. Can you describe it a bit more?
lengthen both the A-Lines from 46” to 49.5”, this gave me A=Z, B=.75, C=.5 (right) and A=Z, B=.25, C=.5 (left)
You need to check and sort out any asymmetry, from the lines to the canopy.
Lengthening A 3.5" alters B -2.625" C -1.5" and you lose 14" of depower. Which is a lot in all aspects .
Bs are more different, remeasured but not sure why only Bs are more different
Something there is a different length. Most likely B mains or pulley lines, but it could be more. You can tie a knot in the sewn end to make an adjustment on the long part or add a pigtail to the shorter one. You need to check at the canopy though as they may like I said earlier be compensating somewhere else.
PugetSoundKiter wrote:remember what foilholio said
Well it appears we have been here before lol.
but I suspect I may end up having to rig a more complicated adjustable bridle to move Bs, Cs, and Zs independently
You should probably only need to adjust Z. Just make pigtails out of a loop of kite line with a figure 8 knot on the end. Easy.
If you do need to adjust B and C you can add pigtails or just cut the pulley end stitching open and use a bowline knot to adjust.