9m soul line lengths.

For all foil kite riders
Ice101
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle
Brand Affiliation: None

9m soul line lengths.

Postby Ice101 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:04 am

Bought the 9m soul couple days ago. First flight was yesterday Man does that thing pull hard. The speed at which it pulls was incredible. Like a rocket! I have the 10m, 9m and 8m. But haven’t tried the 8m yet. Tried the 9 on 20m lines. Feels very powerful for a small kite on 20m Lines. Didn’t loop it. Would it looo with less power in longer lines? Was only blowing about 25knots.

elguapo
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: pattaya
Gear: ..
Has thanked: 0

Re: 9m soul line lengths.

Postby elguapo » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:02 pm

at least in my hands...a big gun for boosting is a slighty overpowered soul on long lines.

and i think whether or not you survive a loop kinda depends on how slow or fast you try looping it...

btw, what was the intention/thought process of a 8/9/10m soul quiver?

Ice101
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ice101 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:29 am

10m is my foavourite kite ever from last 11 years flying.
I was never a fan of Lei kites smaller than an 9m. They never felt like they would catch me. But as the soul feels so different took a risk and bought the 8m to go with it. My misses is learning. She is up on the board every time and just getting to grips with riding up wind. She is pretty light. She keeps nicking my 10m and she preferred it to her lei’s for learning with. She like I was on bandits. She wanted to get her own 10m but as she is so light I didn’t think there was much point on her getting a 10m as well as we had had a lot of light wind then and think she would of been over powered on it very quickly so I said to her to get the 9m and hence we have 10 9 and 8 now. We are also looking to get a 6m but I had bought a 9m pivot 2029 in the clearance sales and had been hanging onto it in case the souls weren’t great in the gusty stuff. I used the pivot for the first time yesterday. Boost is massive on them and very stable in the Jump’s was very impressed but the soul 8m felt much smoother at the bar in the gusts so have now stuck the pivot straight up for sale and when/if it sales ok will get the 6m for the misses high end kite.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:59 pm

Ice101 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:29 am
10m is my foavourite kite ever from last 11 years flying.
I was never a fan of Lei kites smaller than an 9m. They never felt like they would catch me. But as the soul feels so different took a risk and bought the 8m to go with it. My misses is learning. She is up on the board every time and just getting to grips with riding up wind. She is pretty light. She keeps nicking my 10m and she preferred it to her lei’s for learning with. She like I was on bandits. She wanted to get her own 10m but as she is so light I didn’t think there was much point on her getting a 10m as well as we had had a lot of light wind then and think she would of been over powered on it very quickly so I said to her to get the 9m and hence we have 10 9 and 8 now. We are also looking to get a 6m but I had bought a 9m pivot 2029 in the clearance sales and had been hanging onto it in case the souls weren’t great in the gusty stuff. I used the pivot for the first time yesterday. Boost is massive on them and very stable in the Jump’s was very impressed but the soul 8m felt much smoother at the bar in the gusts so have now stuck the pivot straight up for sale and when/if it sales ok will get the 6m for the misses high end kite.
You see any build differences on the 9m compared to the other two. Flysurfer has in the past made small improvements between build dates. My Soul 10m is slightly different than my very early 8m. Different color lines and attachment points. Curious to see if they have done anything with the new sizes.

Ice101
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ice101 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:45 am

The outside lines in the bridle are slightly different coloured the the centre bridle lines I noticed. Other than that can’t see any difference. Same lovely feel in all of them. Was on the 9m again last night. Used 50cm bar with 25m lines. think this is best set up for my twin tip only use. Was having lots of fun and jumping high. Feels more like an Lei on this set up but smoother. Looped ok without too much power and dark slides reasonable length without the loop kicking in too quickly. :-)

Return to “Foil Kites”