Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: lake Svityaz, north west of Ukraine
Style: old school
Gear: Flysurfer: speed 2sa, speed 3, speed 4, speed 5, soul, sonic3, flydoor6;
Spleene: monster door 2007,2009,2010,2011,2018, session 2011

Re: Pansh Aurora 3

Postby malden » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:05 pm

Yes, I try heliloops-downloops, interesting to learn, but not with aurora.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby foilholio » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:41 am

You must have a strong connection to flysurfer riding all their kites including a model when it was first announced...one could easily question your motivations for bad mouthing Pansh. I have found the previous Aurora 1, A15, Genesis, etc no problem to heliloop. Compared to Flysurfer no massive difference at all.

I think Pansh has to be honored that Flysurfer now considers them a threat. Aeolus 2020 should prove difficult for them. It's sad or maybe not kite companies have to come and go. They bear the responsibility of their choices. While flysurfer has been one of the better companies they have certainly made some mistakes in past. I could list many of them, but today they still make/sell chickenloops, use resellers/high $$$, don't do continuous updates/on demand production. I know many in the industry are guilty of some of those and more, including pansh. I would like Flysurfer to survive, more so if they took some of that advice and more. Difficult world deciding who to listen to. The fact is you can look to other industries to see what is the latest or best practice. Sad we live in a world where that is not the culture, things like "intellectual" """"property"""" have really fucked it for us. It would be sad if current western culture was out competed by another culture that saw those flaws and avoided them... even sadder if some of the nicer parts of modern western enlightenment were slowly killed by the competition with said rising society. """""©®℠™Freedom™℠®©""""""*1*2*3*∞(PATENTED) was great while it lasted.

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: Ozone, Core

Postby deniska » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:52 am

foilholio wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:41 am
You must have a strong connection to flysurfer riding all their kites including a model when it was first announced...one could easily question your motivations for bad mouthing Pansh. I have found the previous Aurora 1, A15, Genesis, etc no problem to heliloop. Compared to Flysurfer no massive difference at all.

I think Pansh has to be honored that Flysurfer now considers them a threat. Aeolus 2020 should prove difficult for them. It's sad or maybe not kite companies have to come and go. They bear the responsibility of their choices. While flysurfer has been one of the better companies they have certainly made some mistakes in past. I could list many of them, but today they still make/sell chickenloops, use resellers/high $$$, don't do continuous updates/on demand production. I know many in the industry are guilty of some of those and more, including pansh. I would like Flysurfer to survive, more so if they took some of that advice and more. Difficult world deciding who to listen to. The fact is you can look to other industries to see what is the latest or best practice. Sad we live in a world where that is not the culture, things like "intellectual" """"property"""" have really fucked it for us. It would be sad if current western culture was out competed by another culture that saw those flaws and avoided them... even sadder if some of the nicer parts of modern western enlightenment were slowly killed by the competition with said rising society. """""©®℠™Freedom™℠®©""""""*1*2*3*∞(PATENTED) was great while it lasted.
just post a good jump on the freaking aurora kite instead of conspiracy theories..:-)
do you kite at all? No gopro? ask any one the beach to snap a pic of you boosting.. Not hard at pretty much any wind..
It beats me why you Pansh people cant do a single good boost pic in years..
this is me yesterday... lame 10kts, 15soul.. best on woo in DR for the day, cause winds were lame but you can see it's about 30ft from the shot (see the shadow)
vlcsnap-2020-02-28-16h38m46s682.png
This is another BS wind day but from a week ago in NY in drysuit, 15 soul
vlcsnap-2020-02-22-17h37m40s754.png
anything like that with a Pansh?

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Punta del Diablo, Uruguay
Favorite Beaches: Durban, SA
Corpus Christi
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Slinghot, Nobile, Zeeko

Postby Adventure Logs » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:34 am

foilholio wrote:
I think Pansh has to be honored that Flysurfer now considers them a threat.
This has to be the funniest thing on the internet today :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No one and I mean absolutely no one considers Pansh a threat.

It’s time to put up or shut up.

Btw Flysurfer shipped the Sonic3 a week before it officially released so many people were able to get and ride their new kites a couple days before the official release. There’s also been a huge push to be the first to get out footage, much more so than when the Soul released. So take your conspiracy theories elsewhere. It’s a pathetic attempt.

hongchew
Medium Poster
Gear: airush

Postby hongchew » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:07 am

Reminds me how the German luxury car brands talked down on Lexus, ha-ha.
Adventure Logs wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:34 am
foilholio wrote:
I think Pansh has to be honored that Flysurfer now considers them a threat.
This has to be the funniest thing on the internet today :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No one and I mean absolutely no one considers Pansh a threat.

It’s time to put up or shut up.

Btw Flysurfer shipped the Sonic3 a week before it officially released so many people were able to get and ride their new kites a couple days before the official release. There’s also been a huge push to be the first to get out footage, much more so than when the Soul released. So take your conspiracy theories elsewhere. It’s a pathetic attempt.

MaximumAC
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Chesapeake Bay, Assateague MD
Style: Foil; Freestyle
Gear: North Rebel/Neo; Flysurfer Soul and Peak4; Slingshot and Moses foils

Postby MaximumAC » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:47 am

I don't necessarily believe in Pansh nor the Aurora III that I have, but now I feel the need to go boost on it. If the kite folds mid boost, it's on your heads.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Punta del Diablo, Uruguay
Favorite Beaches: Durban, SA
Corpus Christi
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Slinghot, Nobile, Zeeko

Postby Adventure Logs » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:14 pm

hongchew wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:07 am
Reminds me how the German luxury car brands talked down on Lexus, ha-ha
I wouldn’t even consider Pansh with Lexus, more like Daewood.
MaximumAC wrote: I don't necessarily believe in Pansh nor the Aurora III that I have, but now I feel the need to go boost on it. If the kite folds mid boost, it's on your heads.
Do it! Just make sure your insurance is up to date :wink:

What I want to see though is something from foilholio. He’s the Pansh whore who can’t go without peddling the brand in almost every post. I want to see something more than words come out of this keyboard warrior. If they are so great as he claims, why won’t he give proof?

My biggest problem for example is this 6m you can get for like 89 bucks. What are they just giving them away out of the kindness of their hearts? That’s not how the Chinese or hell any business works. Quality materials cost significantly more than that alone. Does he think there’s that big of a profit margin?? Hell if so, brands like Flysurfer, Ozone, Lecca must be basically printing their own money. How about labor costs? Quality control?(well I guess we already know that one :lol: I’m not swinging under a kite that’s using the absolutely cheapest(crap) material, built using the absolutely cheapest(crap again) labor, with absolutely no QC(do I need to say it again?). Save a buck now, pay for it later. As I said for, on land/snow where you are basically mowing the lawn, sure if you don’t mind having to most likely redesign it yourself.

Plenty of other cheaper alternatives out there to use besides the newest and greatest higher performer foils if you desire the very best. Just don’t choose something where every session you are risking a long swim, injury, or worse just to save a couple bucks. Would you paraglide with a company like Pansh??
Last edited by Adventure Logs on Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:20 pm

I think Flexifoil might have considered Pansh a threat, right before Pansh ate up all the land kite market.

malden
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: lake Svityaz, north west of Ukraine
Style: old school
Gear: Flysurfer: speed 2sa, speed 3, speed 4, speed 5, soul, sonic3, flydoor6;
Spleene: monster door 2007,2009,2010,2011,2018, session 2011

Postby malden » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:13 pm

foilholio wrote:
You must have a strong connection to flysurfer riding all their kites including a model when it was first announced...one could easily question your motivations for bad mouthing Pansh.
No, only strong connection with Trump, He send me money for good equipment.

Matteo V
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: US, Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/Utah/Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Stevens, North coast of Oregon
Style: Just like school in summertime
Gear: Delta Kites and LF Kitefish QuadMod
Snowboard (Cambered and Rockered)
Foil kites on the snow
Brand Affiliation: NONE F--- the corporate world

Postby Matteo V » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:18 pm

malden wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:13 pm
foilholio wrote:
You must have a strong connection to flysurfer riding all their kites including a model when it was first announced...one could easily question your motivations for bad mouthing Pansh.
No, only strong connection with Trump, He send me money for good equipment.
Bit insincere of a response for a pretty serious accusation. You can fix that by just updating your profile brand affiliation.

Return to “Foil Kites”