Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Pansh Aurora 3

Postby Adventure Logs » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:18 pm

foilholio wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:53 am
The performance gap is actually not that big, I would say Pansh is 80-90% as good on that front, maybe more to 80%.
For someone who has admitted that they don’t care how the kite flies and concentrates on riding(or something like that, I’m not going to search), your opinion on performance between the two brands is basically bullshit.

I continue on the bases, buy cheap = get cheap

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:21 am

Adventure Logs wrote: For someone who has admitted that they don’t care how the kite flies and concentrates on riding(or something like that, I’m not going to search), your opinion on performance between the two brands is basically bullshit.
So you have misrepresented my position, a strawman. Even if I did say that on an occasion I can find plenty of other occasions where I said the performance of a kite is important to me. I have stated many times that my mods and tuning now chase performance. I did however say that turning is not important to me and I still stand by that. Yes riding is also important to me, more important than turning. I like to surf with the kite and do not tend to care about turning. Weird huh? but guess what it works fine. You get a more surf experience without the kite, not actually amazing if you think about it for a minute. I have been taking interest in this new mod that makes turning better, not because it just makes turning better but because it has such a large effect that basically it completely changes foil kites. I like to jump, and although Pansh are not the best at that they are not horrible, 80% is a fair call. I have been tempted to get a high AR kite as they are the best at jumping and maybe for airstyle. I can surf with them but they are not the best for that. The price is prohibitive to experiment with all the main brands of high AR kites. The original Aeolus looked not that great but the new one does. If the reports come back it is a competitor for say the Sonic 3.... (they do look quite similar :wink: :wink: ), then I may consider getting one. I am only interested in suffering such a kite if it is the real deal. I could then test its real limits surfing as i haven't had enough time on the other high AR kites. There is no reason Pansh can not build a kite equivalent to Flysurfer or any other brand. They have the quality of construction. They just need a similar design, which I am surprised they haven't just bought a Flysurfer or Ozone and pulled it apart, other western brands already do this.

deniska wrote: Did not Pansh have some big promo discount on Aurora recently and also a video submission compo where the winner gets another 30% (or 60%?) off?
And the winning submission was a guy who does 1 meter jumps on 15m (the video is on Aurora 3 product page)

So I am not aware of any competition. There is an existing long running deal that if you make a video with the kite you bought from Pansh and Pansh puts it on their website they will also give you 30% back if you notify them that that is your video. This is a quite common promotion tactic from Chinese businesses. Given that there previously wasn't may videos for their kites it is beneficial for potential customers too to see the product. In some way seeing an everyday person use a kite is in fact better than seeing a pro. Most everyone knows Pros can ride well on practically any kite or gear. 30% is not a huge discount, you can get this or more on most run out stock or on new kites if you have built a relationship with a reseller or brand. Pansh has had 50% off deals and other deals from time to time. They did however reduce many of their prices a while ago, so an extra 30% off is very good.
deniska wrote: Aurora looks like similar AR to Soul so if 90% performance is there I would jump on this ship without hesitation..
The Soul definitely is still a better kite, the Aurora is more older Speed.
deniska wrote:this is me on 15 soul
I can jump like that on the A15 or Aurora. I can also jump like the pros you showed and kite loop too the same, but on the Psycho4 :-) I am not sure I would trust a Pansh for a megaloop.

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core

Postby deniska » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:44 am

foilholio wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:21 am
I can jump like that on the A15 or Aurora. I can also jump like the pros you showed and kite loop too the same, but on the Psycho4 :-) I am not sure I would trust a Pansh for a megaloop.
Why not just post your jump photos or videos?
You seem to be passionate about Pansh. So why not show off your skills, help the brand you like and maybe get yourself some small discount on gear you experiment with anyways? Let's forget megaloops for now.. just good old big air and oldskool tricks..
I disagree with your point about pros making everything looking good..
Show me any big air video with an Ikea bag :-)
I think it's important for average Joe to see what can be done with a particular kite..
If I see Olly doing 25 meters with Soul, I know I can do half of that easy with the same kite...
With Pansh, it's always some lawn mowing videos and 20 pages of tech talk on how to make the kite great...

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:03 pm

deniska wrote: I disagree with your point about pros making everything looking good..
:lol: :roll:
deniska wrote:Show me any big air video with an Ikea bag
You can't be serious, but actually for a challenge you could certain hit air with an ikea bag, hydrofoil and waves :-) Would be worth a video. Kai Lenny should take it up.
deniska wrote: I think it's important for average Joe to see what can be done with a particular kite..
If I see Olly doing 25 meters with Soul, I know I can do half of that easy with the same kite...
With Pansh, it's always some lawn mowing videos and 20 pages of tech talk on how to make the kite great...
Great you can think what you want and you also don't need to buy a Pansh kite either. I have done plenty of tech talk on all foils including flysurfer. I mod flysurfers too. If you don't like people talking about altering kites then what can I say? Do you feel the same way about cars? Enjoy the free world while it is still around.

Oh and I see you ride core. Explains a lot. Core riders are "special" people. I guess you have to push the pro angle on kites for a return on investment, pity core pros are so shit :-) Maybe if they invested more :wink: :wink:

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core

Postby deniska » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:53 pm

you completely missing my point..
I don't mind people discussing modes and I want to believe in Pansh..
Can someone show me what can be done with this kite on the water outside of regular "mow the lawn" to the right then to the left mode?
Since you mentioned CORE or Flysurfer - yes you can easily find lots of pics and videos of people going huge on both brands and doing tricks..
Most of them are no pros or sponsored, btw..

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:11 pm

You can tell foilholio is butthurt by all the insults he’s been throwing out to Panish critics. I agree, let’s see some real riding on a Panish. If it’s 80% performance, then a simple 10m jump should be no problem. Or some water relaunches or hell anything that shows the kite is something more than what others have said, mowing the lawn. If not then it’s all talk and nothing more.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:26 am

10m jumps are easy on most any kite, especially if you start with a 10m ramp. Pansh kites relaunch very well, A15 and genesis in particular . They have a silicone coating so water doesn't stick, what did flysurfer call that? lotus I think :lol: But then it's just all talk to you :lol: Pansh doesn't need to sell kites to you guys, it does just fine with everyone else.

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:40 am

The coating of pansh kite cloth is similar to main kites, but not as slippy as Lotus.

Indeed it is a shame to get only few videos of Pansh. It is also the case for other brands like kitech (but less kites on the market. I did 2 or 3 on water and snow but indeed we do not see a high jump (i do not jump high). By the way despite my videos used by Pansh i got absolutelly no reward nor discount .... :o . Ok it was not included the list of officially rewarded kites that came out later, but they published it however on their page ... ok, I do not care actually but a bit strange practice....

I would say for "medium jumps" that aurora 2 jumps like a speed 4, A15 like pulsion (both better than the kitech frs)

S2000kitesurfer
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Poole sandbanks
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius le morne
Fuerteventura
Sardinia
Style: Moved to foiling
Gear: Flysurfer soul.

Postby S2000kitesurfer » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:07 pm

The aurora definitely jumps .
Is it 80% as good as the soul.
Out of the bag definitely not.
I have now got around to measuring individual bridle lengths.
All lengths can be 2cm longer or shorter.
Once realising the problem and adjusting those individual lines then .
Definitely 80% as good as a soul.
To be as good as the flysurfer soul.
A better internal structure and maybe more bridal support would work holding it's shape .
And for people that keep telling me to adjust from the bridle the whole of a/b etc. It doesn't work.
Pinpoint the affected area and adjust accordingly 😀😍👍.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:33 am

Someone mentioned the 20mm variance. Someone also mention flysurfer has variance too but it wouldn't be that much certainly.

I meant 80-90% to a compatible kite. Pansh do not have a kite exactly like the Soul, but I guess Aurora is similar. I would compare Aurora to a Speed 3 or 4.

So I take it you consulted the line plan? How many or which lines did you adjust and how did you go about changing them? What was your strategy?

I have never checked a Pansh line plan vs the kite, until more recent years I have never had one of their line plans...(I would like to have the Genesis 2019 plan) I have checked many flysurfers though. I checked the symmetry of the bridles on Pansh kites and occasionally one of 2 would be a bit out. To me the bridles are not as accurate as Flysurfer but they are acceptable. Better would always be better though. Checking symmetry is a good way to find problems but hard to say if it should be longer or shorter... You obviously have a good eye for this.

Adjusting at the mixer does work but it you have problems at certain areas it is perhaps never the best solution. What you discover with individual bridles is you can alter the kite behavior far more than just the mixer. You can end up through individual bridle adjustment a much different and better kite.

I think better airfoil shapes and bridle placement would be good for the kites. But that is quite advanced understanding to do right. I would love to see the A15 evolve into 3 bridle rows, lower cell count, thinner airfoil and lighter construction. Basically pushing the design to be more freeride/surf/lightwind/hydrofoil. Given that the generations of Aurora haven't really varied much in structure I don't hold much hope. Psycho 4 projected area change technology would be good too. If only I spoke Chinese...

Return to “Foil Kites”