Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Flysurfer Soul 2

Postby Ice101 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:36 pm

Macster wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:56 am
Ice101 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:04 pm
As it is marketed as a freeride/freestyle foil Make it stronger and less prone to cells blowing on a leading edge tap down. Then it would be perfect and allow you to push yourself and progress in that marketed field. The design is amazing as it is it’s just the materials that need strengthening somehow. Maybe thin strips of material down the seams on the inside that won’t allow the stitching to tear out. Maybe something like aluula or a flysurfer equivalent.
Oh and an 11m size to go with the 9m would be great.
Has that happened to you? I loaned my Soul to an experienced kiter / friend once and within 2mins he tomahawked into the water at full force in pretty high winds, massive bang but thankfully all good.

I thought they have a no questions asked warranty too if they pop. Is it 12 months?
Yes on both my new 9m and my 10m now. FLYSURFER have taken care of it on the warranty as they are an excellent company and one of few that actually stand by what they offer but it can happen easy and the warranty is only 12 'months. I don't really fly much through the uk winters any more as it is too cold so the warranty soon runs out. Make sure you look down the leading edge vents after a leading edge tap down. My 9m flew fine afterwards and it was only lucky that I inspect my kites afterwards routinely that I peared down a vent and saw what happens inside. The Dacron is not strong enough to hold the stitching in place after a tap down and tears through it opened up a seam also the small white triangles inside the vents can tear easily fro the pressure. The answer might be as I said to run some thin strips of non tearable material behind the seams. Though maybe this might make the kite tear somewhere else? But I think it would be a good trial and strengthen these truly awesome kites.. I met a guy on holiday in Egypt had the same thing happen to him on one of his. He was like I am, and your pro friend a very experienced rider. Every ones kite will come down leading edge at some point it only takes a slack line jump or gust or failed air style trick loop.

Armin Harich
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby Armin Harich » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:34 pm

Hello.

The PEAK 4 will soon get an additional size. As it is in the first year and we build sustainable products, it will take 1-2 Years until a successor will come. To add inflatable structure, will always make the kites more heavy and less easy to fly in light wind. The Peak flys super in light wind and drifts super.
We just add 2 more sizes to the SOUL range. So it will defiantly also stay unchanged in 2020. To add smaller sizes to the SOUL will not happen. It is not that easy if you want constant quality in production, durability, easiness...
Smaller SOUL will be extremely fast and impact becomes a problem.
But for sure we always try out different Protos between SOUL/Viron/PEAK. But nothing that beat our SOUL/PEAK/Viron so far. The 3 Products are also well placed and are well different.
We do a lot R&D to make the kites perform in light wind as good as possible and also as durable as possible. The trend goes even lighter. So to make it also even stronger ist really hard, as it also should not get even more expensive.
We had 2 different versions of kite (Deluxe and Standard) in the past. It turned out that the lighter kites is what attracts more. We also love the kites like they are at the moment. The SOUL 9.0 is my personal favorite on Hydrofoil, Twintip and Snow.

Thank you, Armin
These users thanked the author Armin Harich for the post (total 4):
Sgallian (Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:48 pm) • Ramkiter (Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:34 pm) • PrfctChaos (Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:10 am) • Gestalt (Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:31 pm)
Rating: 12.12%

PrfctChaos
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Perth
Style: Wave
Gear: Peak4's, Chrono V3, Skimboards, foils

Postby PrfctChaos » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:10 am

Armin Harich wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:34 pm

The PEAK 4 will soon get an additional size.
Hi Armin, what size are you thinking of adding to the peak lineup?

Cheers

Horst Sergio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: -
Brand Affiliation: kitejunkie.com

Account abandoned

Postby Horst Sergio » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:31 am

tomtom wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:48 am
I think there will be water relaunchable "Peak5" for small sizes. There is huge demand for such kite and they maybe already sell more Peaks for water HF than snow/land...
This kite will be sooner than Soul 2. Just guess without any info.
Yes would be interesting if they already sell more Peak4 for water than land, but I expect even for Armin hard to answer.

@Armin:
Maybe more easy to answer if not the absolute numbers, but the relation of sold 3 m² and 11 m² Peak4? Which could give a hint, as I would expect more 3 m² in the water and more 11 m² on land, not?

@PrfctChaos:
To me it sounds like a 2 m², at least would expect more demand, could imagine all those hydrofoiling Peak4 3 m² fans would immediately buy one, as I would :D

dan_kan
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Poland, Gdansk, Rewa
Favorite Beaches: Rewa, Kuznica
Style: foil
Gear: FS Soul, Onda 683

Postby dan_kan » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:51 am

Dear Flysurfer,
With this price level and position on the market is it possible to increase the quality of the Soul in this project or the next generation? I'm quite disappointed with quality of my Soul compared to e.g. Chrono in wrinkles, uneven stretches. I think it has some influence in aerodynamic, strength and durability. Pics say more than words:
fssoul2.jpg
fssoul2.jpg (118.75 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
TKB-FREERIDE-2019-FLYSURFER-SOUL-V01.jpg
fssoul.jpg
fssoul.jpg (89.71 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
chrono1.JPG
chrono1.JPG (32.66 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
chrono3.JPG
chrono3.JPG (36.18 KiB) Viewed 1203 times

slowboat
Very Frequent Poster
Style: wave foiling
Gear: This and that

Postby slowboat » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:06 am

Armin Harich wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:34 pm

The PEAK 4 will soon get an additional size. ...

Please make 2 meter and 2.5 meter Peak 4's.

merl
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: HF

Postby merl » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:24 am

dan_kan wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:51 am
Pics say more than words:
They are not saying anything to me - looks pretty similar in terms of wrinkles...

drsurf
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: NSW South Coast
Gear: Too much too describe
Brand Affiliation: Whatever I sell

Postby drsurf » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:33 am

The new Peak4 is 13m²
These users thanked the author drsurf for the post:
slowboat (Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:42 am)
Rating: 3.03%

PrfctChaos
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Perth
Style: Wave
Gear: Peak4's, Chrono V3, Skimboards, foils

Postby PrfctChaos » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:36 am

drsurf wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:33 am
The new Peak4 is 13m²
Snowkiters having their way instead of hydrofoilers, oh well.

PabloQ
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Quilmes Buenos Aires
Favorite Beaches: Cauipe, Cumbuco, Cofeco
Style: AirStyle Freeride
Gear: Flysurfer soul, Psycho4, Ocean Rodeo Razor Rise, Naish Park, Vari Condor 2, Slingshot Turbo 3

Postby PabloQ » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:13 pm

Armin Harich wrote: But for sure we always try out different Protos between SOUL/Viron/PEAK
I can get a design doubt. Since it was very effective in another model, but I don't know how it would affect the soul

Before using soul I had a Psycho4, which had a zipper that closed the air flow from the central intake. The internal pressure changed by increasing the upper range and the speed of rotation and direct response on the flight. Ever thought if this in the soul would be applicable ... I do not know, I lack technical knowledge and design to affirm something blunt.

thanks and regards

Return to “Foil Kites”