Cabo de la Vela
San Andres
Style: Freeride / Foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot 8-10 / Soul 10-15 / Sonic Race 11-15
Crazyfly Raptor LTD / Cogua - Levitaz Bionic
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Self-Land a Soul

Postby juanpasala » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:47 pm

to be sincere, I ll just put it on the side of the window where my QR is located and eject, Unless Wind is marginal and I can be 100% sure I wont get a gust.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Punta del Diablo, Uruguay
Favorite Beaches: Durban, SA
Corpus Christi
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Slinghot, Nobile, Zeeko

Postby Adventure Logs » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:42 pm

I land all my foils including my Souls the same way:

Trimmed for full power(this works perfectly for the steering line balls on the FS bar)

Backstall kite(with trimmed for full power on infinity 3 bar, the steering balls are at the perfect amount of backstall needed)

Light winds I go straight down the middle, adjusting back line tension to land softly

High winds I bring the kite at the edge of the window with tip touching ground. Then at the same time I backstall kite and quickly move upwind with lines tensioned. Needs a lot of space but this method really works for me with minimum wear on kite.

Then I walk up all 4 lines hand over hand. In higher winds I make note as I walk up the lines so if there’s a problem I can easily let go of three and hold on to the safety line to flag the kite out.

Anytime I’m super overpowered and I know it’s going to be sketchy: pull to safety but again with kite near ground at edge of window. Reduces strain on the safety lines/bridles and helps prevent uneven line length. Also while walking up either safety line or all 4, I keep the lines as close to the ground as possible. Helps prevent unwanted relaunches, kite movement, and tangles.
These users thanked the author Adventure Logs for the post (total 2):
jorg (Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:48 pm) • PurdyKiter (Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:10 pm)
Rating: 20%

jorg
Rare Poster
Gear: Switch Nitro
Been thanked: 0

Postby jorg » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:49 pm

Is there a chance you can add this technique to your Utube chnl?

Adventure Logs wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:42 pm

Trimmed for full power(this works perfectly for the steering line balls on the FS bar)

Backstall kite(with trimmed for full power on infinity 3 bar, the steering balls are at the perfect amount of backstall needed)

Light winds I go straight down the middle, adjusting back line tension to land softly

High winds I bring the kite at the edge of the window with tip touching ground. Then at the same time I backstall kite and quickly move upwind with lines tensioned. Needs a lot of space but this method really works for me with minimum wear on kite.

Then I walk up all 4 lines hand over hand. In higher winds I make note as I walk up the lines so if there’s a problem I can easily let go of three and hold on to the safety line to flag the kite out.

Anytime I’m super overpowered and I know it’s going to be sketchy: pull to safety but again with kite near ground at edge of window. Reduces strain on the safety lines/bridles and helps prevent uneven line length. Also while walking up either safety line or all 4, I keep the lines as close to the ground as possible. Helps prevent unwanted relaunches, kite movement, and tangles.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Punta del Diablo, Uruguay
Favorite Beaches: Durban, SA
Corpus Christi
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Slinghot, Nobile, Zeeko

Postby Adventure Logs » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:00 pm

jorg wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:49 pm

Adventure Logs wrote:

I’ve been meaning to put one out for a long time now but weather has been shit. It is coming though, I’m going to try to see how many different ways you can solo land a foil.

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Cherry Beach, Toronto
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Has thanked: 0

Postby cwood » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:12 pm

jorg wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:49 pm

Adventure Logs wrote:

My methods exactly. At the edge of the window with a back stall the kite taco's on itself generally.

Return to “Foil Kites”