Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

I sold my flysurfer soul in favour of

For all foil kite riders
User avatar
edt
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 5726
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:27 am
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: slingshot liquid force wainman pansh naish duotone cwb burton ronix ozone cabrinha north flysurfer
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 119 times

Re: I sold my flysurfer soul in favour of.

Postby edt » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:01 am

The Chrono is more like the Ferrari in how it's a little temperamental but fast. What's great about the soul is just how easy going and reliable it is. Only drawback is the price. The pansh is so cheap there's no reason not to own one.
These users thanked the author edt for the post (total 2):
downunder (Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:59 am) • S2000kitesurfer (Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:49 am)
Rating: 16.67%

hongchew
Medium Poster
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:30 am
Gear: airush
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: I sold my flysurfer soul in favour of.

Postby hongchew » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:03 am

S2000kitesurfer wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:41 pm
kitexpert wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:37 pm
Aeros is quite rare brand, I saw one several years ago in the mountains. I went up and to the top and met him again about half way down, he was still going up. I don't know what his problem was but it looked somehow difficult. I was with a LEI kite.

Based on Aeros Navy video IMO to claim it is near equal or "better in every way" compared to Soul sounds completely BS. It looks decent kite but I can immediately see it is not top of the line kite, some weird or unnecessary details and only partially supported canopy. Yes for sure it works but it looks a bit cheap in 2020.

To claim Pansh with some weird mixer is equal to Soul is just stupid, it doesn't deserve more commenting. I'd be very surprised if that Pansh kite is anywhere near that level FS Psycho3 reached some 14 years ago. If I had to choose between those two it would be very very easy choice. Psycho2 yes, absolutely before any Pansh (except that new Aeolus which looks very promising, I really hope it is as good as it looks).
So you are saying im wrong ?.
The a15 is easier to use put simply 👍
Soul would have more performance jumping on a twintip definitely.
But I want it for the foil to improve my skills 🙋.
Look at the bright side: people like him allowed you to sell you Soul quickly for very good price, win win :wink:

S2000kitesurfer
Medium Poster
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:50 pm
Local Beach: Poole sandbanks
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius le morne
Fuerteventura
Sardinia
Style: Moved to foiling
Gear: Flysurfer soul.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: I sold my flysurfer soul in favour of.

Postby S2000kitesurfer » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:02 am

hongchew wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:03 am
S2000kitesurfer wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:41 pm
kitexpert wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:37 pm
Aeros is quite rare brand, I saw one several years ago in the mountains. I went up and to the top and met him again about half way down, he was still going up. I don't know what his problem was but it looked somehow difficult. I was with a LEI kite.

Based on Aeros Navy video IMO to claim it is near equal or "better in every way" compared to Soul sounds completely BS. It looks decent kite but I can immediately see it is not top of the line kite, some weird or unnecessary details and only partially supported canopy. Yes for sure it works but it looks a bit cheap in 2020.

To claim Pansh with some weird mixer is equal to Soul is just stupid, it doesn't deserve more commenting. I'd be very surprised if that Pansh kite is anywhere near that level FS Psycho3 reached some 14 years ago. If I had to choose between those two it would be very very easy choice. Psycho2 yes, absolutely before any Pansh (except that new Aeolus which looks very promising, I really hope it is as good as it looks).
So you are saying im wrong ?.
The a15 is easier to use put simply 👍
Soul would have more performance jumping on a twintip definitely.
But I want it for the foil to improve my skills 🙋.
Look at the bright side: people like him allowed you to sell you Soul quickly for very good price, win win :wink:
Yes definitely I used the money to replace my dying bombard we use to get to our local spot or for a quick Hydrofoil pumping session 🙋.
I just prefer the flying characteristics of the a15 . I'm very much aware no one will agree with me until they experience the modification on the kite.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200402_220127_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
IMG_20200403_210839.jpg
FB_IMG_1586124886508.jpg

richy-c
Medium Poster
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 7:48 pm
Kiting since: 2006
Gear: Ozone Moses Shinn Best
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: I sold my flysurfer soul in favour of.

Postby richy-c » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:48 am

S2000kitesurfer wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:02 am
hongchew wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:03 am
S2000kitesurfer wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:41 pm


So you are saying im wrong ?.
The a15 is easier to use put simply 👍
Soul would have more performance jumping on a twintip definitely.
But I want it for the foil to improve my skills 🙋.
Look at the bright side: people like him allowed you to sell you Soul quickly for very good price, win win :wink:
Yes definitely I used the money to replace my dying bombard we use to get to our local spot or for a quick Hydrofoil pumping session 🙋.
I just prefer the flying characteristics of the a15 . I'm very much aware no one will agree with me until they experience the modification on the kite.
Will you be giving guided tours to your friends when the bans are lifted? 🙏👍😁😉
These users thanked the author richy-c for the post:
S2000kitesurfer (Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:05 pm)
Rating: 8.33%

kiteykitekite
Frequent Poster
Posts: 272
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:41 pm
Kiting since: 2020
Gear: Core kites
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: I sold my flysurfer soul in favour of.

Postby kiteykitekite » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:15 am

crazy how some kites cost more than boats!

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:54 pm
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards
Has thanked: 75 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: I sold my flysurfer soul in favour of.

Postby PullStrings » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:04 am

kiteykitekite wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:15 am
crazy how some kites cost more than boats!
One month today ! :congrats:

And averaged 8.48 posts per day
Might have too much time on your hands and bored....ha...ha
Not seeing your curve flattening yet !!
One liners do help

Image
These users thanked the author PullStrings for the post:
kiteykitekite (Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:57 pm)
Rating: 8.33%

nate76
Medium Poster
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:08 pm
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska
Style: I wish. Mountain backcountry/touring
Gear: LC Pelican, HQ4 Montana X, Empulse
Brand Affiliation: Tom Bourdeau designs
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: I sold my flysurfer soul in favour of.

Postby nate76 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:40 am

My 2 cents, if you want to try something with more value/less hype - try one of Tom Bourdeau's designs. Like Ozone and Skywalk, Tom has been designing paragliders for decades. His Little Cloud paragliders have a small but very passionate following. Mostly small because he really doesn't care to advertise his stuff - he'd rather be out testing and flying. Ask anyone who has met him though, he's just an awesome guy whose designs are 1 part art, 1 part science, and 3 parts shear experience.

His most recent kite is the Little Cloud Pelican Mk2, but he's also made kites under HQ4 (Montana X, Matrixx, Empulse to name a few). IMHO, kites like the Montana X and Pelican are seriously underrated; I love'em, and personally enjoy supporting The Little Guy in the industry.
These users thanked the author nate76 for the post (total 2):
MaximumAC (Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:43 am) • kiteykitekite (Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:53 pm)
Rating: 16.67%

hongchew
Medium Poster
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:30 am
Gear: airush
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: I sold my flysurfer soul in favour of.

Postby hongchew » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:12 am

PullStrings wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:04 am
kiteykitekite wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:15 am
crazy how some kites cost more than boats!
One month today ! :congrats:

And averaged 8.48 posts per day
Might have too much time on your hands and bored....ha...ha
Not seeing your curve flattening yet !!
One liners do help

Image
Wow you're keeping tabs on all these stats. Now who has too much time on hand? :roll:
These users thanked the author hongchew for the post:
kiteykitekite (Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:57 pm)
Rating: 8.33%

kiteykitekite
Frequent Poster
Posts: 272
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:41 pm
Kiting since: 2020
Gear: Core kites
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: I sold my flysurfer soul in favour of.

Postby kiteykitekite » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:06 pm

That meme :lol:
nate76 wrote: His most recent kite is the Little Cloud Pelican Mk2, but he's also made kites under HQ4 (Montana X, Matrixx, Empulse to name a few).
Looks a good kite. Weights are good. 7m 1.3kg, 10m 1.6kg, 13m 1.9kg. The designer seems to have a clue. Regis and Matteo would probably be interested.

http://littlecloud.fr/product-range/pelicanmk2/


Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1286
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:58 pm
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: I sold my flysurfer soul in favour of.

Postby Regis-de-giens » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:15 pm

My first ever foilkite was actually from Tom (HQ neo 14m)
Image

and i think one of my best TT board is also its design (tbk boarding, called " Mana", more than 10 years old, still use it every summer, and when i lost it one day in corsica, i cried and then ... i bought one again!).

Image
... so beautiful isn't it ?

Thriled to test a Pelican if i have the possibility ! Maybe not for marginal wind but for just above.


Return to “Foil Kites”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Adventure Logs, Rein de Vries and 4 guests