Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

I sold my flysurfer soul in favour of

For all foil kite riders
windrider1
Frequent Poster
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:51 am
Gear: FLYSURFER, HQ KITES, OZONE KITES
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: NY
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: I sold my flysurfer soul in favour of.

Postby windrider1 » Thu May 28, 2020 5:40 am

You guys kill me with these glowing pansh reviews. last person i know bought a pansh 1 month ago and it collapses all over the place. who makes their kites anyways ? Has anyone even ever seen their designer or anyone from their company . I bet u its a big joke the whole operation is probally run by a half senile old person in a basement somewhere. Its not possible for a company to continually send out defective kites year after year something just aint right. i would have really liked to see pansh do well and be a real competition to the other players in the market but i dont think tht will ever happen.

NorthernKitesAus wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 3:08 am
Well I know the OP well, and believe me when he said - it works. Pansh Kites work! They didn't a few years back, but they've improved year-on-year. Pricing unfortunately is slowly (slower please!) catching up to other brands. Eventually it will be a choice of Pansh, Flysurfer, Ozone or F-One for most foilers. I personally love Pansh because - yeah they work and 2, they are fun to tweek! I am sorry for those that cringe at having to adjust bridles, lines, knots, etc... but that's what real sailors (yes, kite surfers are sailors technically) do. It's part of being out there in the ocean. If you think kite surfing should be a plug-and-play situation all the time, then you're heading into mishaps one day. What are you going to do out there with a foil kite that you've only been taught to pull one of the steering lines to re-launch.!? Sailors, experienced kiters know, it takes certain tweeks and adjustments to their sails, to be able to control them better and get better outcomes across all wind conditions.
So kudos to you Lee! We know we're it's at!
Last edited by windrider1 on Thu May 28, 2020 5:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 782
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:00 am
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: I sold my flysurfer soul in favour of.

Postby loco4viento » Thu May 28, 2020 6:17 pm

windrider1 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 5:40 am
You guys kill me with these glowing pansh reviews. last person i know bought a pansh 1 month ago and it collapses all over the place
Understanding bridles can be helpful.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2237
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:34 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: I sold my flysurfer soul in favour of.

Postby Tone » Fri May 29, 2020 12:31 pm

loco4viento wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 6:17 pm
windrider1 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 5:40 am
You guys kill me with these glowing pansh reviews. last person i know bought a pansh 1 month ago and it collapses all over the place
Understanding bridles can be helpful.
While I get the sentiment, I don't fancy hanging from a kite that the manufacturer wasn't able to make fly right and it takes 3rd party hacks to make it stable. Kinda makes me want to avoid kites like that.

User avatar
Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3597
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:37 pm
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 73 times

Re: I sold my flysurfer soul in favour of.

Postby Bille » Fri May 29, 2020 12:48 pm

Tone wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:31 pm

...
Kinda makes me want to avoid kites like that.
I can see why , you would feel that way ; it's a brand i Can afford
so if i want one, then i gotta do the Mods to make it work.

Bille

Matty V
Rare Poster
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:24 pm
Kiting since: 1998
Gear: Home made
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: I sold my flysurfer soul in favour of.

Postby Matty V » Fri May 29, 2020 3:53 pm

NorthernKitesAus wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 3:08 am
Well I know the OP well, and believe me when he said - it works. Pansh Kites work! They didn't a few years back, but they've improved year-on-year. Pricing unfortunately is slowly (slower please!) catching up to other brands. Eventually it will be a choice of Pansh, Flysurfer, Ozone or F-One for most foilers. I personally love Pansh because - yeah they work and 2, they are fun to tweek! I am sorry for those that cringe at having to adjust bridles, lines, knots, etc... but that's what real sailors (yes, kite surfers are sailors technically) do. It's part of being out there in the ocean. If you think kite surfing should be a plug-and-play situation all the time, then you're heading into mishaps one day. What are you going to do out there with a foil kite that you've only been taught to pull one of the steering lines to re-launch.!? Sailors, experienced kiters know, it takes certain tweeks and adjustments to their sails, to be able to control them better and get better outcomes across all wind conditions.
So kudos to you Lee! We know we're it's at!
That’s some funny shit.

Kite together often do you? 😂😂😂😂

User avatar
Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1024
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:18 pm
Local Beach: Punta del Diablo, Uruguay
Favorite Beaches: Durban, SA
Corpus Christi
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Slinghot, Nobile, Zeeko
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 82 times
Contact:

Re: I sold my flysurfer soul in favour of.

Postby Adventure Logs » Fri May 29, 2020 4:46 pm

NorthernKitesAus wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 3:08 am
Well I know the OP well, and believe me when he said - it works. Pansh Kites work! They didn't a few years back, but they've improved year-on-year. Pricing unfortunately is slowly (slower please!) catching up to other brands. Eventually it will be a choice of Pansh, Flysurfer, Ozone or F-One for most foilers. I personally love Pansh because - yeah they work and 2, they are fun to tweek! I am sorry for those that cringe at having to adjust bridles, lines, knots, etc... but that's what real sailors (yes, kite surfers are sailors technically) do. It's part of being out there in the ocean. If you think kite surfing should be a plug-and-play situation all the time, then you're heading into mishaps one day. What are you going to do out there with a foil kite that you've only been taught to pull one of the steering lines to re-launch.!? Sailors, experienced kiters know, it takes certain tweeks and adjustments to their sails, to be able to control them better and get better outcomes across all wind conditions.
So kudos to you Lee! We know we're it's at!
Ok foilholio :roll:
Tone wrote: While I get the sentiment, I don't fancy hanging from a kite that the manufacturer wasn't able to make fly right and it takes 3rd party hacks to make it stable. Kinda makes me want to avoid kites like that.
This is what I’ve been saying all along. I wouldn’t want to jump with one or go out pretty far offshore with one. Sure they would be ok for just mowing the lawn and if you like tinkering with shit and or don’t value your time as much but for anything where I would risk my safety depending on the kite...no way!

=Jason-
Last edited by Adventure Logs on Fri May 29, 2020 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 782
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:00 am
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: I sold my flysurfer soul in favour of.

Postby loco4viento » Fri May 29, 2020 5:35 pm

Tone wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:31 pm
While I get the sentiment, I don't fancy hanging from a kite that the manufacturer wasn't able to make fly right and it takes 3rd party hacks to make it stable. Kinda makes me want to avoid kites like that.
I love my Flysurfers but they have required more frequent tuning than any kites I’ve ever owned. I don’t mind because they’re pretty easy to tune. Those Sonics need some adjustment from time to time as did my Speeds and Pulses. It’s no big deal and it keeps them flying just right for many many years.

I’m not pimping for Pansh. But so far my experience has been 4/4 flying perfectly right out of the bag. Not a huge sample I know. But I was expecting to have at least one of them fly terribly based on all I’ve read, and was prepared to have to do some tuning.

(my old Flexifoil Blades with a depower system are the lowest maintenance by far)

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3349
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:43 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 90cm, 110cm
Gong Pro M, 90 cm mast
Ozone Hyperlink 9mUL, 7m
Hyperlink V2 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 125 times

Re: I sold my flysurfer soul in favour of

Postby TomW » Fri May 29, 2020 6:57 pm

Alls I gotta say is I brought a ozone v1 9m UL hyperlink 2+ years ago, it flew perfect out of the bag, used it 250+ hours with no adjustments or tinkering and it still flys perfect.
Every hour I am tinkering with a kite is an hour I'm not kiting. I figure I have another 1000 hours to kite until I can't due to age. Perhaps when I'm retired I'll have time to tinker and no money.

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 782
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:00 am
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: I sold my flysurfer soul in favour of

Postby loco4viento » Fri May 29, 2020 7:02 pm

I like that Hyperlink experience a whole lot. And I like the bridles on that kite. A little stiffer, less tangle prone and I think less stretching/shrinking. Perhaps a tiny bit less aerodynamic, but for my preferences, more user friendly than Flysurfer bridles.

esme
Rare Poster
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:57 am
Kiting since: 2009
Gear: Fone Breeze, Flysurfer Sonic FR
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: I sold my flysurfer soul in favour of

Postby esme » Sun May 31, 2020 1:31 am

I don't get this hate on Pansh? They are just a kite. I had way more trouble with my Sonic. In a way I enjoyed learning how to fix it. The Pansh has been a breeze. The mods have instructions and seem to work well. I guess other people have put in the effort to work it all out. Seems easy to me?


Return to “Foil Kites”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20kts, bohme, evan and 8 guests