I'm pretty new to kite sports. Coming from paragliding where full databases with all technical data exist, I just miss this here.
In PG we also have classifications like beginner, intermediate, advanced, professional and race that are well known.
My main interest would be the foil kite area in regards of versatility to use them on land, snow and water of course. Because of water it should be a closed foil I assume.
Are there any databases for the material?
I like to find out what foil kites are still sold, what price they got, the weight, their target use, expected level of experience, etc.
So far I found this active brands:
- Slingshot ( Phantom )
- Flysurfer ( Sonic and Soul are actually modern kites)
- Duotone ( Capa )
- Little Cloud ( PelicanMK2 )
- Pansh ( Aurora III / Genesis2k19 / Aeolus2k19 / A15 ME )
- HQ4 / HQ Powerkites ( Empulse / Freeracer (discontinued?) )
- lecca-lecca / Lollipop ( minimaG1 )
- Peter Lynn ( NovaV1 / AeroV2 )
- Eleveight (none)
- F-One ( halo / diabloV4 / diabloV3)
- ELF ( Joker / Swift )
- North kiteboarding (a wing called Ace (discontinued?) )
- ParAAvis ( Q / Drive 2-15 / Smile2 / VX / Indy II / xtazy II / octane II / GVX2015 )
- Airush (no RAM / Softkite model)
- Ozone ( hyperlinkV2 / chronoV3 / r1V3 )
- Kitech kites ( FreeRS )
- Aeros ( Compi3 / Navy 2 )
- GIN Kiteboarding ( none )
- ConceptAir ( Pulse / Leader Cruize )
I'd love to get advice on what versatile "wing/foil" I should focus to start the sport. Known price ranges?