For all foil kite riders
tsuneo
Rare Poster
Gear: Duotone Rebel
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Help re-tuning a Sonic 2, am I on the correct path? Bridle/mixer

Postby tsuneo » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:06 pm

The back lines being slack is different from the B bridles being slack. You can certainly increase depower by extending B's (the mixer's) range. First is the problem where B remains under tension because of the pulley lines shortening. Second is FS only designs B to become slack at near the window edge. It still remains with tension when deep in the window. Likely reason is there is some increase to collapse by allowing this range. With enough extension to the mixers depower range the increase to depower deep in the window is pronounced.

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Help re-tuning a Sonic 2, am I on the correct path? Bridle/mixer

Postby kitexpert » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:03 pm

tsuneo wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:06 pm
The back lines being slack is different from the B bridles being slack. You can certainly increase depower by extending B's (the mixer's) range. First is the problem where B remains under tension because of the pulley lines shortening. Second is FS only designs B to become slack at near the window edge. It still remains with tension when deep in the window. Likely reason is there is some increase to collapse by allowing this range. With enough extension to the mixers depower range the increase to depower deep in the window is pronounced.
No. No need to comment more

Return to “Foil Kites”