Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

New Pansh vs used Ozone / Flysurfer

For all foil kite riders
knyfe
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Re: New Pansh vs used Ozone / Flysurfer

Postby knyfe » Tue May 26, 2020 5:14 am

Oh no I don’t want a high performance kite from them. That’s clear. The 5 should come in soon. I will let you know if it’s ok for higher wind low performance foiling. If it’s ok - good , if not then I will convert it’s to a trainer for low wind fun with friends on the beach.

Michaelr123
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Mendota / Monona
Gear: 14m apollo, 12m NV, 11m boxer, 9m SST, 9m turbine
mission control bar v2 20+3+4m lines
lf edge 143cm, 3'6" dwarf craft /w 76cm infinity wing
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: New Pansh vs used Ozone / Flysurfer

Postby Michaelr123 » Tue May 26, 2020 2:39 pm

overall it sounds like we have a lot of pansh haters, which maybe is warranted!

I ended up ordering a 12m genesis after a few drinks over memorial day weekend. We'll see if it was a good idea or not, but my plan is to first see if I even care to deal with a foil kite on the beaches near me. We don't have miles of sand to freely setup and land from, so that's always been a huge problem with foil kites around Madison.

if I like the genesis and really think I want to keep running down the foil kite road I'll look at probably an aurora or maybe an A15. I have plenty of tube kites in great shape. The only reason I'm looking at foil kites is when they out perform a tube kite in some regard. So the 12m genesis is for ultra light wind foiling / freeride. a higher aspect foil kite would be for speed and efficiency for cruising around the lake. I'm not really interested in twin-tipping on a foil kite, so that's why I'm trending away from the A15.

and if I really am enjoying the foil kite life, then I'll look at a chrono or something along those lines. I'll have put my time in with foil kites on the water and be able to translate what I've learned to a more capable piece of equipment.

that's my current take on things, genesis instead of a peak4 for now, maybe an aurora to see if I'm interested in a chrono / sonic.

Return to “Foil Kites”