For all foil kite riders
Matty V
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Gear: Home made
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: New (used) Panish A-15

Postby Matty V » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:11 pm

They don’t perform, hence the jack off modification invented by a customer to make the kites actually work/fly
These users thanked the author Matty V for the post:
airsail (Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:34 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

esme
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Gear: Fone Breeze, Flysurfer Sonic FR

Postby esme » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:29 pm

No the changes are not needed to make them fly, they fly fine with none. The changes just make a good kite better. I am sure you would know this if you had actually owned one.

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:09 am

I don't know, which one of you are correct ?

It's bin blowing 20 to 25+ , ever since the day my new, (used) kite arrived at my door.
Crap -- it's near 3:am , and i'd go to the park right now ; but it's blowing 20 , and
its a bit too much to test-fly my A-15, 15m ! :(
I really wanna know , how this thing flies ; instead of reading about it !
I learned
on a Peter Lynn Gorilla , back in 2003 ; surely, this A-15, is gonna fly better than
That thing did ?

Bille

Matty V
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Matty V » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:25 pm

esme wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:29 pm
No the changes are not needed to make them fly, they fly fine with none. The changes just make a good kite better. I am sure you would know this if you had actually owned one.
Oh really? Guess that’s why the pansh FB group is full of people saying it’s vital to make it work.

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:35 pm

As far as i'm concerned , neither one of the -,+ opinions on this kite , mean Squat
to me , (until i try it out , for myself) with and without, the Mods .

Bille

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:37 am

Matty V wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:25 pm
esme wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:29 pm
Oh really? Guess that’s why the pansh FB group is full of people saying it’s vital to make it work.
My experience is that some models are ok out of the bag, some are irregular (either production tolerance) , some do not work well... :

- Aurora v1 : seemed to "just do the minimum work", i.e. flyes well in light winds ; Modification called "Funalex" (e.g. lengthern central bridles to make it more C-Shape) was a good mod , I did it and loved my 22m. same for a friend on its 15m and another on a 19m. I even have recommended a v1 22m to a 85kg friend recently.

- Aurora v2 : bridle plan was changed and it does not need any modification ; kite is stable in light wind, power full, but slow in turn ; I tested the 15m, really a good value for the money (IMO less risky than a older second hand FS kite) ; smaller sizes were sometime unstable in high winds, requiring at least a change in the speed system to lower its camber (not the root cause but a way to escape the frontstalls)

- Aeolus 1 :not tested but reported often as not stable , required mod in the major cases, no tuto available for this

- and at last : A15: I had one in 9m, flight right out of the bag, no need to change anything; To me it is the case for all A15 I have been reporter ; the lower aspect ratio helps for the stability ( hence the problem on the Aeolus race kite) ; its main problem is that it does not turn if poor line tension and the need of a large stroke of sheet-in/out and a large bar since it turns slowly; but I had very good time with it on snow and water, with more power and hagtime than Kitech FRS for example, but far worse turn ;

Speed system modification Jacko seems to improve the turn (like a turbo bar or a diablo line would do, even further) but it increases the bar pressure; same mod on any kite will have the same result: less bar through needed but higher pressure; but do not expect better performance, it is just a matter of camber change during sheet-in, no magic thing.

In summary : Pansh is improving quality with time IMO ; the higher Aspect ratio kite are more sensitive to production bad tolerances so more risky, while kites like A15 are a very stable and usable products vs the price, knowing that their design and behavior remains like kites of 10 years ago which is not a real problem depending on your use : ok for freeride, not recommended for waves "or freestyle" ; the mods are not necessary for kites like a15 IMO but people feeling is reinforced because skilled riders liking setting bridles were more confident to buy a Pansh and play with mods, hence a "zoom" effect on the mods associated to Pansh in view of the loooooooong thread on forums it requires to detail one single mod.
These users thanked the author Regis-de-giens for the post (total 3):
loco4viento (Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:44 pm) • Bille (Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:13 pm) • esme (Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:59 pm)
Rating: 9.09%

S2000kitesurfer
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Poole sandbanks
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius le morne
Fuerteventura
Sardinia
Style: Moved to foiling
Gear: Flysurfer soul.

Postby S2000kitesurfer » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:37 pm

With regards to my jackomixer YouTube video.
You forgot to mention the double depower the modification gives .
On a Hydrofoil the genesis/a15 are very enjoyable super easy kites to use.

Without the modification the kites have very little depower/sweet Spot.
Coming from the flysurfer soul I now just enjoy the easy forgiving ride.

Matty V
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Matty V » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:50 am

S2000kitesurfer wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:37 pm
With regards to my jackomixer YouTube video.
You forgot to mention the double depower the modification gives .
On a Hydrofoil the genesis/a15 are very enjoyable super easy kites to use.

Without the modification the kites have very little depower/sweet Spot.
Coming from the flysurfer soul I now just enjoy the easy forgiving ride.
How does the mod get double depower?

merl
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: HF

Postby merl » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:07 am

Matty V wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:50 am

How does the mod get double depower?
The standard bridle has four rows, A, B, C, Z ( Z at the trailing edge). Moving the bar away 4 cm causes Z to move 4 units, C 2 units and B 1 units. After the mod, moving the bar away 4 units moves C 4 units and B 2 units so that roughly speaking the angle of attack of the kite essentially changes twice as quickly

merl
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: HF

Postby merl » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:11 am

mistyo wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:44 pm
IMO the jackomixer is more suited to the A15 than the Genesis. The Genesis is better to try the other mod.

Overall I am quite happy with the A15 and Genesis.
Maybe, but you need to factor in the simplicity of the mod. The "other mod" is a bit vague and since it may require removal of bridles from the kite completely could take a lot of time (depending on the model). Uptake is likely to be very slow (R=0).

Return to “Foil Kites”