Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Pansh Genesis 2019 3m review vs old and new mod.

For all foil kite riders
eudoxia
Rare Poster
Gear: Pansh
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Pansh Genesis 2019 3m review vs old and new mod.

Postby eudoxia » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:13 pm

Compared to the old Genesis the kite flies much better out of the bag. It is fun to fly and would make a good trainer kite. The turning is however quite stally, and the power and performance is lacking. The tips are pulled way too much by the Z bridle. Which would be relatively easy to fix except... the kite now has no LCLs. The mixer uses some little rings to join everything to which an A main slipped off on first flight... The fabric is different, seems like a new coating or a heavier weight but it is now much stiffer. I like it. Some of the bridle stitching is very bad.

I have modified the kite and it flies much better. It is a bit like a beta mod at this stage but far better than the original.

The changes I made where to remove the B and Z tip bridles, add extensions to Z to match it to the same arc as the C bridles and shortened Z about 10cm, added pigtails to the mixer and then also LCLs to the entire kite....

I think the mod like this is probably applicable to most sizes of the kite. On the 3m so far it makes it a far better kite. If you want some measurements ask, but I don't think you should need them.

I think for the 3m it seems that removing the second Z tip bridle will be good. I also played with disconnecting the tip A bridle. Which seems to improve turning speed quite a bit, but seems a little weird on the shape. I am not sure these type of changes would work well on the bigger sizes, 4m should be fine though.

The kite is quite a lot of fun. The changes I made would be relatively easy if it had had LCLs. I think it is quite a good kite that turns fast. It flys in little wind and will be good with a hydrofoil. Drift seems quite good.

If you wanted to buy one, I would tell Pansh to jump off a cliff or stick LCLs and pigtails on it or they won't get any money.

It's quite sad Pansh won't make some of what would be easy changes to the bridles, particularly their positions and lengths. The kite could easily be something to rival any premium model, but for a few of these and other changes. Oh well.
These users thanked the author eudoxia for the post:
wheat (Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:31 am)
Rating: 3.03%

merl
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: HF

Re: Pansh Genesis 2019 3m review vs old and new mod.

Postby merl » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:29 pm

I bought a 3m out of curiosity. Arrived a month ago or so. I can also confirm no LCLs and it uses rings to connect. I put "the" mod (what is it called again? Where you invert the second pully.) Annoyingly you can't do it on this 3m kite without opening and resewing one of the pulley lines as they sew some of the lines onto the little rings. Basically the Z is pretty much slack in normal flight after this mod - which seems fine (especially given your observations that the Z lines seem a bit short on this model) although I only tried it once in extreme gusty wind. Not sure I will use if with HF but if I get some steady strong wind I might try sometime.
These users thanked the author merl for the post:
wheat (Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:31 am)
Rating: 3.03%

S2000kitesurfer
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Poole sandbanks
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius le morne
Fuerteventura
Sardinia
Style: Moved to foiling
Gear: Flysurfer soul.

Postby S2000kitesurfer » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:26 am

mistyo wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:50 pm
The difference with this mod is it actually increases the performance of the kite, whereas the jackomixer is really more like a pulley bar. Yes you get fast turning with the jackomixer but the kite remains fundamentally the same otherwise. For small kites like this it is really not necessary I think.

The only change I made to the mod was to shorten the A tip bridle with a LCL loop. Disconnecting it does not work the best.
Sorry you are completely wrong the jackomixer is nothing like a pulley bar because I've tried it absolutely terrible.
The Jacko has made it so easy using a Hydrofoil that my wife using the 8m had 0 issues getting up for her first time flying.
She has tried on tubes plus a flysurfer soul with 0 luck.For her to admit she likes the 8m genesis av 14 knots as you know is a massive statement from a woman 😂.

merl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby merl » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:22 pm

OK so I got to try out my 3m in ideal conditions: pretty steady wind, too much for my 4m firefly. I weigh 90kg and ride an onda style wing on a strapless pocket board. I guess it was around 25knots - maybe a bit more.

The kite was stable in the sky, and I had enough power that I was up and foiling easily without any kiteloops needed. I rode comfortably out through some small waves for about 100m. Unfortunately I wiped out turning on a wave and managed to crash the kite. I don't usually crash my kites (I am using the 5m peak most often these days, and my firefly has only been in the water once, for about 1 second) but this guy moves fast as you would expect, so I guess I had not adjusted to the speed.

That's where the story ends: the kite relaunched with a bulge in the skin where I guess two cell walls broke. It was not flying well so I had to come in :(

In conclusion this kite has good stability and smooth power, but maybe not built well enough for 90kg riders. To be clear I did crash the kite, so it is technically my fault so I won't be chasing Pansh. But not impressed that the blow-out valves did not save me.

Edit: yes, two cells blown out. There is a zipper just at the right place, so should be an easy repair. (I had no idea that there was a zipper at this odd place on the bottom skin!)
20200630_154609.jpg

Matty V
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Gear: Home made

Postby Matty V » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:51 pm

S2000kitesurfer wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:26 am
mistyo wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:50 pm
The difference with this mod is it actually increases the performance of the kite, whereas the jackomixer is really more like a pulley bar. Yes you get fast turning with the jackomixer but the kite remains fundamentally the same otherwise. For small kites like this it is really not necessary I think.

The only change I made to the mod was to shorten the A tip bridle with a LCL loop. Disconnecting it does not work the best.
Sorry you are completely wrong the jackomixer is nothing like a pulley bar because I've tried it absolutely terrible.
The Jacko has made it so easy using a Hydrofoil that my wife using the 8m had 0 issues getting up for her first time flying.
She has tried on tubes plus a flysurfer soul with 0 luck.For her to admit she likes the 8m genesis av 14 knots as you know is a massive statement from a woman 😂.
He said “more like a pully bar” Not the same as.
But you are the expert.. foilholio.

merl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby merl » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:47 pm

Matty V wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:51 pm

He said “more like a pully bar” Not the same as.
But you are the expert.. foilholio.
You are having a conversation with two people who are nolonger on kiteforum (the one you are defending is foilholio, and somehow Toby and you seem to think that s2000 is also foilholio, but I'm pretty sure he is not).

Matty V
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Matty V » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:52 pm

Can you prove s2000 isn’t foilholio?

Has s2000 been booted?
Or you saying mistyo is foilholio too?

hongchew
Medium Poster
Gear: airush

Postby hongchew » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:34 am

Matty V wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:52 pm

Has s2000 been booted?
Get a life dude. I've been reading and appreciating much what s2000 shared on his Facebook, video and all.

nixmatters
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Style: freeride. started foiling, not there yet
Gear: mostly custom made
Brand Affiliation: None currently

Postby nixmatters » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:34 am

Matty V wrote:

Has s2000 been booted?
I know the guy, lives in the UK. He's in YouTube with same username as here, check his videos.
He did not have much clue of ramair kites until about an year ago, but is progressing fast.

And he's not bashing the big brands like FH, just happy with what he gets out of those Chinese kites and sharing it openly.

Matty V
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Matty V » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:46 am

hongchew wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:34 am
Matty V wrote:

Has s2000 been booted?
Get a life dude. I've been reading and appreciating much what s2000 shared on his Facebook, video and all.
It was a question that’s all. You Pansh boys are a bit fucking sensitive eh?

What’s with the made up names and double identities? No wonder Toby gets pissed off with people showing up posting Pansh all over the forum Using it as free promotion for a company that doesn’t support the forums survival.

Maybe if s2000 actually posted his own info and development rather than what Jackov set up he would come over more credible.

Return to “Foil Kites”