For all foil kite riders
Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Flysurfer Peak 4 flag out?

Postby Peter_Frank » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:31 pm

flying doctor wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:52 pm
So who of you uses the connect bar without b-safe? I thought you did Peter?
If you remove it then there is nothing left for your leash to connect to, at least I can't find any instructions on connecting the line to one of the centre or backlines.
Am I correct?

Was out today on the 5m in 13-15 knots, when it got fickle I changed to my Hyperlink 9m
But had a blast on the 5 practicing foot switches. Thought it would be easier strapless but it was harder for me!

I do yes, use the connect bar on the small ones 3,4,5 and without the b-safe, and a bar with 27 m lines on the 8 m2.

I dont have a leash on any of my other hydrofoil bars (but of course on bars for TT and Waves etc)

But always connect my leash either to the CL, if I accidentally get the loop twisted free, or on the connect bar, to the sprocket just above the orange push away plastic, so i can not release accidentally.
And when using a Wichard, I put the leash just above the Wichard, again so I have a chance to recover if accidentally releasing the Wichard.

And of course, if "dangerous" condtions, I put it on the CL, or on the hook, so I can release fully if needed.

8) Peter
These users thanked the author Peter_Frank for the post:
flying doctor (Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:37 pm)
Rating: 8.33%

drsurf
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: NSW South Coast
Gear: Too much too describe
Brand Affiliation: Whatever I sell

Postby drsurf » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:19 am

flying doctor wrote:
So who of you uses the connect bar without b-safe? I thought you did Peter?
If you remove it then there is nothing left for your leash to connect to, at least I can't find any instructions on connecting the line to one of the centre or backlines.
Am I correct?

Was out today on the 5m in 13-15 knots, when it got fickle I changed to my Hyperlink 9m
But had a blast on the 5 practicing foot switches. Thought it would be easier strapless but it was harder for me!
I use the Connect bar without the B-Safe system. I ran a cord with a knot on the top end and a small stainless steel ring on the bottom end which I connect my leash to. Where I usually kite if there is no-one around I just crash my kite gently behind a small dune or tree in a wind shadow and it just collapses and stays put.

I have kited in other areas where I have used a small embankment only 400mm high and backed the kite down with the rear lines against it and it just collapsed safely. You could use your foilboard on its side to do the same.

I don't see a problem with safety on the Peak4 on water as you can just crash it into the water and it collapses without pull.
I have used the bar with the B-Safe system but the fine B-Safe lines easily tangle with the rest of the bridle.
These users thanked the author drsurf for the post:
flying doctor (Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:02 am)

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:37 pm

Indeed, so easy to land these, in so many different ways :thumb:

Although, crashing in the water would always be my absolute last choice, as I dont want a wet kite, nor seagrass on my lines :naughty:

But always a good final choice if no other way, yes :D

8) Peter

ieism
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Gear: Flysurfer Peak 4
Has thanked: 0

Postby ieism » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:14 pm

drsurf wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:19 am
flying doctor wrote:
I have used the bar with the B-Safe system but the fine B-Safe lines easily tangle with the rest of the bridle.
I use the 11m with b-safe because that thing is too big to find a windshadow and it always wants to tumble landing it to the side. I've replaced the b-safe Y lines with stiffer line to avoid the tangles.

The smaller size I fly without BSafe just dumping it to the ground and then grabbing a single upwind line. No problems there.
These users thanked the author ieism for the post:
flying doctor (Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:45 am)

Return to “Foil Kites”