Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ozone Hyperlink v1 9m vs. Airush Ultra v2 10m vs. Repair an F-One Diablo

For all foil kite riders
Jyoder
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Chesapeake Bay (Annapolis area)
Gear: Zeeko bullet Foil and DIY board
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ozone Hyperlink v1 9m vs. Airush Ultra v2 10m vs. Repair an F-One Diablo

Postby Jyoder » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:47 pm

That Diablo is toast, better send it to me. 😆

Seriously though, the Diablo v1 is an amazing kite! I love my 11m. I even put it in a tree, ripped it in half, sewed it back together, and it still flies great! If you have the ambition to foil in low wind, and to understand and tune foil kites, then get it repaired ASAP and keep flying it.

Yes, it flies totally different than an LEI. It’s just a different skill set that once you learn, it’s easy. If your future foiling goals involve going fast then make a bar with 15m lines and use that for a while, then shorten to 11m lines and get used to that. With a decent trim system, and foiling skills, you can use it into the low 20s mph. With longer lines, you can be comfortable in single digits.

That said, if you’re a wave-riding nut then maybe ditch it and that Taaora race foil and get a wave setup and kite.
These users thanked the author Jyoder for the post:
sshantt (Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:49 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:40 pm

TomW is correct.

Every time you make an excuse to not listen - you may as well Piss straight upwind...
As soon as you buy the Easy set up - you will realise what a World of difference it makes - then instantly feel retarded for wasting time and money ;)

sshantt
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Weight: 180lbs
Local Beach: San Francisco
Gear: Taaroa Sword 1 Foil
Mike's Lab foilboard

Postby sshantt » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:01 am

Jyoder wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:47 pm
That Diablo is toast, better send it to me. 😆

Seriously though, the Diablo v1 is an amazing kite! I love my 11m. I even put it in a tree, ripped it in half, sewed it back together, and it still flies great! If you have the ambition to foil in low wind, and to understand and tune foil kites, then get it repaired ASAP and keep flying it.

Yes, it flies totally different than an LEI. It’s just a different skill set that once you learn, it’s easy. If your future foiling goals involve going fast then make a bar with 15m lines and use that for a while, then shorten to 11m lines and get used to that. With a decent trim system, and foiling skills, you can use it into the low 20s mph. With longer lines, you can be comfortable in single digits.

That said, if you’re a wave-riding nut then maybe ditch it and that Taaora race foil and get a wave setup and kite.
Thanks for the advice! My future riding goals are freeriding for now.

As weird as it felt, there were some things that were really nice about flying it. I just sent it in for repairs. The guy will replace the cells inside material and tune the briddle to the spec sheet I sent alongside. Once it's done I'll put it away until I'm happy with my foiling skill. I feel like one day I'll appreciate having it handy

sshantt
Rare Poster
Mike's Lab foilboard

Postby sshantt » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:19 am

TomW wrote: So first thing you should do is sell the race foil and buy a Gong. Or any other locally available 1000-1200cm2 foil.
After doing some shopping, I found a local foiler selling a cloud9 s24 with 1126 cm2 front wing surface area for a good price.

https://cloud9surffoils.com/collections ... e-foil-set

Is that a good foil to switch to for learning?

Also is my Sword not going to be useful for the future? Will I have to go at stupid speeds to take advantage of it?

DukeSilver
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Weight: 82
Local Beach: Melville Beach Western Australia
Favorite Beaches: Graveyards
Style: Hydrofoil, Strapless Surfboard
Gear: Ozone Reo, Ozone Hyperlink, Moses 683s, home built pocket foil board, Cabrinha Skillit

Postby DukeSilver » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:56 pm

sshantt wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:19 am
TomW wrote: So first thing you should do is sell the race foil and buy a Gong. Or any other locally available 1000-1200cm2 foil.
After doing some shopping, I found a local foiler selling a cloud9 s24 with 1126 cm2 front wing surface area for a good price.

Also is my Sword not going to be useful for the future? Will I have to go at stupid speeds to take advantage of it?
I've not ridden that foil but I guarantee it will be fine for learning on - especially compared to the race foil. It will fly at low speeds and be far more forgiving while you learn. A good choice I think.
These users thanked the author DukeSilver for the post:
sshantt (Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:32 pm)

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 110
Gong Veloce M, 100cm carbon mast
Ozone Hyperlink V1 7m
Hyperlink V2 9m, 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m

Postby TomW » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:55 pm

sshantt wrote:

Yes that's a good learning foil. But get a 90 cm mast with it. It is same foil as Liquid force Impulse I believe, which is great foil for learning and staying with. Repeat, get a 90 cm mast with it, don't buy it if it has 70-80 cm mast. According to the link, the mast is 68cm. Too short. Plus its discontinued wing and clouds new wings only fit the new fuselage. So it's a dead end. And cloud doesn't sell a longer mast.

I highly recommend looking at the Gong, but it might be more expensive due to shipping and a longer wait than us in Europe due to shipping and high demand for Gong products.

Sure, you can keep the sword, but if you are going to freeride, its pretty pointless. unless you are into speed or have race ambitions.
These users thanked the author TomW for the post:
sshantt (Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:01 pm)

sshantt
Rare Poster
Mike's Lab foilboard

Postby sshantt » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:23 pm

TomW wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:55 pm
sshantt wrote:

Yes that's a good learning foil. But get a 90 cm mast with it. It is same foil as Liquid force Impulse I believe, which is great foil for learning and staying with. Repeat, get a 90 cm mast with it, don't buy it if it has 70-80 cm mast. According to the link, the mast is 68cm. Too short. Plus its discontinued wing and clouds new wings only fit the new fuselage. So it's a dead end. And cloud doesn't sell a longer mast.

I highly recommend looking at the Gong, but it might be more expensive due to shipping and a longer wait than us in Europe due to shipping and high demand for Gong products.

Sure, you can keep the sword, but if you are going to freeride, its pretty pointless. unless you are into speed or have race ambitions.
It comes with the shorter 60cm mast :(

My other options are

* New Gong Allvator Freeride 80cm mast (65cm (712 cm2) Wing and a 45cm (272 cm2) Stab) - $450 to $550
* New Gong Allvator Allround 80cm mast (1257cm2) - $450 to $550
* New Cabrinha 2019 HI:RISE LIFT 85cm mast - $560
* Used 2017 Liquid Force Rocket 60cm mast - $375
* New 2019 Liquid Force Impulse 95cm mast - $799
* New 2019 Liquid Force Impulse 95cm mast + 60cm mast + Happy foil wings - $899 (could buy a fuselage and sell the happy foil as a set)
* Used 2013 Lift / MHL 95cm mast - $300

Any advice?
Last edited by sshantt on Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Postby PullStrings » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:43 pm

TomW wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:06 pm
Apologize for suspecting a troll.
Don't !!
Every new thread question started very recently about foils were by Foolkookio in disguise
Yep suspicious

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:38 am

The Cab hirise lift 85 cm mast will great for beginner intermediate and learning tacks n jibes max fun :)

Sell the race foil and get a speed front wing as well - and have the best of both worlds for the price..

You won't be racing anytime soon - when you do you'll need the latest greatest if you plan on getting anywhere near the pack.. Have fun :)
These users thanked the author ShaveTheWhales for the post:
sshantt (Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:34 pm)

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 110
Gong Veloce M, 100cm carbon mast
Ozone Hyperlink V1 7m
Hyperlink V2 9m, 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m

Postby TomW » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:38 pm

sshantt wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:23 pm
TomW wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:55 pm
sshantt wrote:

It comes with the shorter 60cm mast :(

My other options are

* New Gong Allvator Freeride 80cm mast (65cm (712 cm2) Wing and a 45cm (272 cm2) Stab) - $450 to $550
* New Gong Allvator Allround 80cm mast (1257cm2) - $450 to $550
* New Cabrinha 2019 HI:RISE LIFT 85cm mast - $560
* Used 2017 Liquid Force Rocket 60cm mast - $375
* New 2019 Liquid Force Impulse 95cm mast - $799
* New 2019 Liquid Force Impulse 95cm mast + 60cm mast + Happy foil wings - $899 (could buy a fuselage and sell the happy foil as a set)
* Used 2013 Lift / MHL 95cm mast - $300

Any advice?
Of your list, I'd get the 2019 LF impulse with 95 cm mast.
Gong , you can consider the FreeSurf size medium, 90 cm mast. Don't get the freeride or the Allround. Freesurf is also called Curve.
Note: you can get freesurf M with both surf 40cm stab ( more pitch and roll stability) or 40 cm kite stab ( More agile and lively). Both ok for beginners. But recommend the 40 cm surf stab.
These users thanked the author TomW for the post:
sshantt (Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:43 pm)

Return to “Foil Kites”