Re: Flysurfer soul 12m help

Postby Adventure Logs » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:24 pm

TomW wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:49 pm
MasonJ19 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:53 am
BillyGoatGruff wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:49 am
Good luck with the bridals and stick with it, flying foils is very different to LEI's. Give it 5 sessions at least and then see how you are getting on with the new kite. I have not flown a soul but they are very popular.
Thanks mate yeah I will stick with it. I still think someone needs to design a kite with the benefits of a foil without the need for some many bridle lines. Carbon fibre rods inside or something and a few bridles strategically placed :lol:
Its called the hyperlink. It's not immune to tangles but the sheathed and shorter bridles are much less prone to tangles and easier to untangle when they do.

There’s his advertisement lol. Really what you are talking about is the new VMG2. Only 2 levels of bridles.

Like others have said, find a nice quiet spot. Get your favorite brew/strain and take your time. Start with the nests and don’t try to untangle anything, just work on opening up those big knots. After you get everything nice and open(no tight knots) start working on the loops. Usually I’ll start at the end of the bridle and work my way towards the kite. The more experience the easier it becomes.

MasonJ19
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 85kg
Local Beach: South end
Gear: Flysurfer soul 12m
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby MasonJ19 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:06 pm

Adventure Logs wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:24 pm
TomW wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:49 pm
MasonJ19 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:53 am

Thanks mate yeah I will stick with it. I still think someone needs to design a kite with the benefits of a foil without the need for some many bridle lines. Carbon fibre rods inside or something and a few bridles strategically placed :lol:
Its called the hyperlink. It's not immune to tangles but the sheathed and shorter bridles are much less prone to tangles and easier to untangle when they do.

There’s his advertisement lol. Really what you are talking about is the new VMG2. Only 2 levels of bridles.

Like others have said, find a nice quiet spot. Get your favorite brew/strain and take your time. Start with the nests and don’t try to untangle anything, just work on opening up those big knots. After you get everything nice and open(no tight knots) start working on the loops. Usually I’ll start at the end of the bridle and work my way towards the kite. The more experience the easier it becomes.
Just had a look at the vmg2. Thats exactly the sort of thing I was talking about. It's just a shame its geared more to racing and also likely to be way to expensive. But it's good news for the future of foil kites if they carry on developing that for their other kites. The soul v2 maybe.

RomeUtah
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: Tropical beaches of UT, snow and sand
Favorite Beaches: Rufus, LB, Pismo
Style: straight air to tomohawk
Gear: Best, Ozone, OR, Cab, Flysurfer, Tona board, SS boards, Cab boards, liquid force foil

Postby RomeUtah » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:50 pm

in the half year of owning my 15m i have had a few crashes and tangles on snow and water that have resulted in the bridal mess. I have 2 methods, if i disconnected the lines, i run the kite out and go mixer by mixer side by side, starting with the A, moving through to z, when you get the first 2 layers, the other 2 usually come undone quick. If the lines have not been disconnect, as everyone above mentioned, don't pull hard, get some good booz, lay your line out straight and look for loops with in loops. when i first started it would take me 2 hours to sort it out, now i can do a complete shit show in about 30 minutes.

MasonJ19
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 85kg
Local Beach: South end
Gear: Flysurfer soul 12m
Been thanked: 0

Postby MasonJ19 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:33 pm

So they have untangled the lines. It took them 2 and half hours and they had to disconnect the bridles from the kite to do it. 130 squid that cost. So that will be the last time I think. I will take all your advice on board next time. I think they were amused at how much worse I had made it 😂. This video is what I was trying to follow to unfree them but how I ended up making it so much worse.

Return to “Foil Kites”