Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Psycho4 8m depower rope length

For all foil kite riders
slide
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Brancaster Norfolk 46 miles
Favorite Beaches: mablephorpe , cleephorpes
Style: landboarding with a work harness
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon decks/and now 6/8/10/12 soul, 15 spd5
Brand Affiliation: None

Psycho4 8m depower rope length

Postby slide » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:32 pm

hi all i don't use a chicken loop, and do my own thing with sailing rings, and snap shackles but how much throw/how long should the depower rope be , i know 500 mm is the modern throw (excuse me if thats not the right term) but i have the lines wrapped around my bedroom (not finger, as that would breach safety rules), and i'm setting it up like a young aprentice caught beween 350mm and 450mm

slide
Frequent Poster
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon decks/and now 6/8/10/12 soul, 15 spd5

Re: pyshco4 8metre depower rope length

Postby slide » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:28 pm

and while we're at it , what should a pulse2 6metre depower length be , as i have come here seeking knowledge, cause they didn't teach me ote in college (well british medievil history ,and king henry the 8th,and his 6 wives :D when all i wanted to learn about was spitfires ,and thx in advance :D

please excuse my use of sting lyrics , but a being a landboarder in i a kite surfing forum , i do feel like an english man in new york

Herman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: My Own.
Gear: SLE, foils and C kites, TTs, Directionals, Landboards, Buggy.

Re: pyshco4 8metre depower rope length

Postby Herman » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:13 pm

Just use a depower throw length where you can just comfortably let go of the bar to spin it and retrieve it without pulling in on the centre lines. Set the backstall to where you want it by adjusting the kite pigs, somewhere near fully sheeted in. If you have really long arms you might have to pull in the bar after a release to have enough tension in the lines to control the kite, but I doubt that will be the case. If you can't sheet out enough as the wind picks up - that's what the trim strap is for. To explain kite sheeting ranges is too long a discussion for this late in the evening!

slide
Frequent Poster

Re: Psycho4 8m depower rope length

Postby slide » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:07 am

i was hoping for a length in mm's so i can set them before i fly them -how much depower does/should pyshco4 have and how much depower does/should pulse2 have
factory settings would be nice if anybody knows them please

merl
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Mixed, flysurfer peak, concept air pulsion, wave & firefly, various LEIs. Mostly HF these days.

Postby merl » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:59 am

If you didn't have 5th lines to worry about I'd say just do as Herman says - take as long ass you are comfortable with and adjust pigtails accordingly. But if you don't want to mess with the fifth line then it would be handy to get the right length. Flysurfer published the line plans but I don't think they specified (they just provided a rope which you knotted). Just use a scrap of rope and tie it on until the lines are all equal and then measure it.

slide
Frequent Poster

Postby slide » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:37 am

yea , thx , i'll go for 400mm on both and go from there, i do have lots of rope and my setup is pretty easy to change quickly

its just dawned on me and i'm surprized you all missed this set the bar on full power and i can work it out that way but thx for your ideas

slide
Frequent Poster

Postby slide » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:00 pm

yes indeed after complex measurements not seen before in modern times , 400mm , which is quite handy as i'm a short arse with short arse arms , and i have found on the 500's i do have to throw myself at it a bit

Herman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: My Own.
Gear: SLE, foils and C kites, TTs, Directionals, Landboards, Buggy.

Postby Herman » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:26 pm

Bear in mind that if you use a short throw arguably you should have a longer trim range to cover the same kite sheeting range. This would mean you keep the same rear leader length. But whatever you do make sure your rear leaders are equal to throw + trim + swivel & pigs, assuming even length flying lines.

slide
Frequent Poster

Postby slide » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:42 pm

yea and then i will give it a good fly

Return to “Foil Kites”