Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ozone Chrono V4 (New Chrono V5)

For all foil kite riders
Hardwater Kiter
Frequent Poster
Style: Rough and tumble
Gear: Ram air and single skin Foil kites. Long skis to truck, short skis to huck.
Brand Affiliation: www.hardwaterkiter.com Authorized retailers of Flysurfer. Ozone, HQ kites and Gin kites.

Re: Ozone Chrono V4 (New Chrono V5)

Postby Hardwater Kiter » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:55 pm

jbrodin wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:12 pm
mgs wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:22 pm
jbrodin wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:32 pm

In winds over 18 knots I get lifted, sometimes 2-3 meters up and 5-10 downwind. The tips don't inflate onbthe side. I used to have a Soul and it never did this.
I forgot to ask what size Chrono are you launching in winds of over 18 knots/20 mph
I only have the 11m, it has tons of depower, especially wirh a race bar, so I find it works fine in at least 25 knots. Once you have launched and fully inflated, that is. I've used it in as much as 30 on snow, and it is manageable, and usually getting lifted is less of a problem, as long as there are no rocks and yhe snow is no to hard packed.

Don't forget line length. Example on ice I ride the 15m with 17m lines in 18kts and it's great. But throw on 5m extensions and it's suddenly work. ;-)

mgs
Frequent Poster
Style: Skimboarding, flat water & small waves
Gear: Ozone Chrono 18m (V1)
Ozone R1 15m (V1)
Ozone Chrono 12m (V1)
Peter Lynn Nova 10m (V1)
Peter Lynn Nova 8m (V2)
Zap ACE - Skimboard
DB Sandfish - Skimboard
DIY Kite Parts - Many sewing machines :-)

Re: Ozone Chrono V4 (New Chrono V5)

Postby mgs » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:02 pm

I forgot to ask what size Chrono are you launching in winds of over 18 knots/20 mph
[/quote]

I only have the 11m, it has tons of depower, especially wirh a race bar, so I find it works fine in at least 25 knots. Once you have launched and fully inflated, that is. I've used it in as much as 30 on snow, and it is manageable, and usually getting lifted is less of a problem, as long as there are no rocks and yhe snow is no to hard packed.
[/quote]

I have a 12m V1 Chrono and would be very much over powered in those wind conditions. The maximum wind speed for launching my 12m would be around 15mph.
Manufacturers quote wind range but being able to launch safely should also be taken into consideration.
I have been caught out in the past when the wind had picked up to the point i had to come in and downsize to a more suitable kite size.
Not a fan of high winds anyway and prefer winds of 20mph or less.

Return to “Foil Kites”