Barra da Tijuca, RJ
Praia da Bica, RJ
Style: freeride
Gear: Boxer 9m for foiling
Rebel SLS 8m or Crave HL 9m for boosting on twintip
Brand Affiliation: None

FS Soul 12m with Clickbar

Postby rnelias » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:53 pm

Hi there, just wondering if DT Clickbar would work well with a FlySurfer Soul 12m.

I know FS recomends 50cm for the 12m, however, I already own a clickbar (49cm) which I use with all my LEI kites and now that I've decided to try a RAM kite, maybe I could save some money and keep using the same bar...

Has anyone tried?

PS: I also know that the "beauty" of RAM kites is keep the bar attached and put it in the air with no hassle of untangling lines but, hey, force bar is as expensive as a clickbar and both are a nice/fancy tubes with lines (the most important element) attached to it. :D

derek440
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Perth
Favorite Beaches: Coogee
Style: Frothing the foils
Gear: Surf kites, strapless surfboards, foil gear, foil kites
Brand Affiliation: Gin/Flymaax dealer for Australia

Re: FS Soul 12m with Clickbar

Postby derek440 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:28 am

I have a click-bar I use with my foil kites sometimes but the power lines have been converted to have a longer throw (65cm) and to connect as a low V - and no safety (suicide mode). In this configuration it works really well, you just need to tune the leaders to the right length for the right amount of stall you want on the bar. The big advantage is not having a cleat and line going everywhere when you are doing lots of looping so i tend to use this bar for ultra-light wind and when i'm not going to be sheeting heaps - which is why I don't use it for racing, too much clicking and twisting.
These users thanked the author derek440 for the post:
rnelias (Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:01 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Foil Kites”