Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

FS Soul Bridal Wear

For all foil kite riders
nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: FS Soul Bridal Wear

Postby nothing2seehere » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:23 am

Is there any mileage in looking at sliders (like duotone use etc)?

I think the reasoning they went to a low friction slider was that the wear on the bridles was much less than a poorly maintained pulley. Maybe its different for tube kites where bridle maintenance isn't a regular part of ownership and pulleys are more likely to be neglected?

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.

Postby Foil » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:04 pm

Mmm, maybe but maybe not, the bridal line that goes through the pulleys is almost in constant movement over the wheels of the pulleys,
So having very low friction sealed ball bearing wheels where the wheel edges don't cut into the line when the wheel is jammed with sand has to be so much more desirable,
When I mess up on the beach and forget to check my wheels are all running free then as soon as I start to launch I can feel if the pulleys are jammed, the bar response to input is stiff, and I can feel the tensioned bridal line rubbing hard against the jamed wheel, in a sort of way that reminds me of when you rub your fingers hard over a inflated kids party baloon.
I did have a chat with a soul user on flag beach and he learned the hard way, he did not know about the wheels jamming if not checked before each and every flight, and wore through the replaceable pully lines in a few weeks of near daily use.
The lines are cheap and easy to replace but it's the safety issue that's the main concern.

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:10 pm

I can answer my own question now about sliders (or blocks as Ronson refer to them). They are designed to be used on dynema line - not sheaved line. They would wear the yellow sheaved line that flysurfer use on the pulley lines far too quickly to be a serious consideration.
These users thanked the author nothing2seehere for the post:
Foil (Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:18 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Foil Kites”