kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Soul V2?

Postby kitexpert » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:27 pm

nothing2seehere wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:23 am
I want the new version to auto park on the edge of the wind window like an LEI. Born kites have a single skin kite that does:

I don't see it is going to happen with a high performance foil kite.

SS kite sits much deeper in the WW and is very light weight, so it may stay there. LEI kite has a lot of canopy curve and it takes support on ground or water. Kite like Soul flies far to the edge, depowers a lot and falls/folds itself down.

Ice101
Frequent Poster
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle
Has thanked: 0

Postby Ice101 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:33 am

Maybe they will increase the ratio slightly. A lot of people are buying the elf swift as it’s cheaper but has more grunt than the soul but similar characteristics Other wise. FLYSURFER done a video of them on line in comparison. Bit rough around the edges but a lot cheaper for similar experience so they will have to do something good to stay competitive perhaps. People preferring the elf due to extra grunt so maybe the soul will get a little extra?

Kristan
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plescheevo lake
Favorite Beaches: Mejvodnoye, Crimea
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites: Eleveight XS 14m, Flysurfer Soul 12m, Blade Fat Lady 17m. Boards: Crazyfly Raptor 140x42, Flysurfer Flydoor4 170x50

Postby Kristan » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:59 am

I don't see why Soul needs extra grunt, since the kite was very powerful as it is. I believe people buy Elf kites for other reasons.

The only two things I would like to see in V2 is lighter bar pressure and faster turning speed of 12m and bigger sizes.

Return to “Foil Kites”