Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Soul V2?

For all foil kite riders
Kristan
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plescheevo lake
Favorite Beaches: Mejvodnoye, Crimea
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites: Eleveight XS 14m, Paraavis Smile 3 15m. Boards: Flysurfer Radical 6 144x46, Flysurfer Flydoor4 170x50
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Soul V2?

Postby Kristan » Sat May 15, 2021 4:50 pm

downunder wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 2:12 pm
^
So u close to them, and able to order?

Which size u got?
Yes, I can order them. Not sure if I can be a reliable middleman, never done that before. But to be fair, ParAAvis kites are ridiculously cheap, even with delivery cost and some middleman fee they're still ain't even close to the prices of Flysurfer or Ozone.

I've got mine in 15m size. To be fair, I've just received it and have not flown it yet, might do that tomorrow if wind speed would be around 10 knots. Although I have tested this model of kite with the same size earlier, right after I ordered it.

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses

Postby cglazier » Sat May 22, 2021 7:58 pm

Included:
Trim Checker
Handle with splice lock and attachment points to attach the front and back main lines. Supports mixer adjusting
We found no "Trim Checker" with the new Soul v2 12m. Are we missing something? What does it look like?
(otherwise the kite looks great)

:wink:

Ice101
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle

Postby Ice101 » Sun May 23, 2021 12:03 am

Had my first go on a soul 2 10m couple days ago. I have the v1 soul 10m.the v2 is definitely lighter, it was a little faster and a little more powerful and flirtier. It felt really good actually. Just easier to fly and jump worhxx Co a little more speed I really liked it. The material is lighter and it feels lovely. The v1 had a velvety feel and absorbed moisture. When ever you rolled it up even when dry when you until it the material caused moisture to gather in the centre CD and make it wet. The v2 doesn’t seem to absorb or so much. Probably the best kite I have flown except for looping.

Breze
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 90kg
Style: Foiling
Gear: Foils&Tubes

Postby Breze » Sun May 23, 2021 7:30 am

cglacier the trim checker looks like this
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... A&usqp=CAU

Ice101, interesting to hear from you that the kite/ cloth "feels" lighter. Physically it is not much. The old material ( cloth at LE is the same DLX+)
can not absorb any or much water. But, if water gets into the kite and you dry the outsides, then roll it you press some remaining water (some drops resting inside) through the seams and the outside is wet after unrolling. The seams of the used Soul1 are not as watertight then a new one.
These users thanked the author Breze for the post:
cglazier (Sun May 23, 2021 5:32 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

haiku
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Latina beach Italy and...Naish beach Maui
Favorite Beaches: Latina, Porto Pollo - Italy , Kitebeach. Kihei - Maui
Style: old and new school
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic FR, Speed, Boost, Cronix, Naish Pivot, Flysurfer Radical 5, Door 5, Kazuma custom wave boards

Postby haiku » Thu May 27, 2021 9:02 am

I have my new Soul 2 quiver on Its way and I'm looking forward to try, among the all sizes, the new 10 m. The reason is simple, the Soul 10 m V1 is by far the best light wind kite for freeride foiling that I've ever had, a perfecy mix of maneuverability and power. Here's a short video of the last sessions I had with It.

Cheers
Carlo

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Fri May 28, 2021 4:59 pm

The wind hasn't cooperated much but I have had some time now under my Soul2 6m and 8m.

Kite definitely packs down smaller and faster, something that should be more noticeable on the larger sizes.

Fabric doesn't stick as much to the silicon at my local beaches which is huge for me. Worth the upgrade just there.

I'm still breaking in the kites, they feel like they are taking longer than it normally takes a FS, but the kite feels slightly more direct in turns. Loops are a little wider/more powerful(again that could be just because it needs more breaking in) and I think the relaunch has actually improved if possible. I've been in a couple situations in the surf where I've thought theres no way it would relaunch and would start thinking about a self rescue. In that time the Soul actually corrected itself for me and this is after many tumbles in the swell. I've also had once where the kite completely relaunched on it's own which I've never had happen before.

The bridle looks pretty similar, just different color yet again.

Drainage system seems more effective.

That's it right now, like I said still trying to get the wind to cooperate. Hopefully I get some more time under them this weekend.

=Jason-

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses

Postby cglazier » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:25 am

I've had a few sessions now on my new Soul v2 12m and I am very happy. Everything is crisper and works very well. My old Soul 12m had hundreds of hours use and was It getting a little bit aged. I don't know whether the new kite feeling is just because it's a new kite or whether the v2 version is much improved. (I would be a poor kite tester because I don't always notice subtle differences.) Anyway I want to report that the Soul v2 is another excellent kite.. it loops well.. relaunches easily.. very stable in light winds.. easy to fly.. jumps very well.. nicer color..
;-)
CG

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Punta del Diablo, Urugay

Postby Adventure Logs » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:55 am

Has anyone actually received the mixer check tool with their Soul2? Neither of mine (6/8) came with one. I'm waiting to see if that's a mistake.

Should hopefully have one or two vids up in the next week or two on the 6 and 8. A bunch of my footage turned out to be shit(damn GoPro) but I'm trying to salvage what I can. I'm pretty happy with my upgrade. The differences are small but certain things like the new fabric sticking less to the silicon in my local beaches really is pretty nice.

=Jason-

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Punta del Diablo, Urugay

Postby Adventure Logs » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:32 am

These users thanked the author Adventure Logs for the post (total 2):
sonny2727 (Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:28 am) • BalsaMichel (Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:34 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

Ice101
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle

Postby Ice101 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:22 am

What’s the best way of making it more water tight again?
It hasn’t had a great deal of use to be fair I don’t get a lot of time without kids and when I do there is never any bloody wind typically.
Breze wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 7:30 am
cglacier the trim checker looks like this
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... A&usqp=CAU

Ice101, interesting to hear from you that the kite/ cloth "feels" lighter. Physically it is not much. The old material ( cloth at LE is the same DLX+)
can not absorb any or much water. But, if water gets into the kite and you dry the outsides, then roll it you press some remaining water (some drops resting inside) through the seams and the outside is wet after unrolling. The seams of the used Soul1 are not as watertight then a new one.

Return to “Foil Kites”