Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ozone Chrono v1 - back stalling and sudden power boosts

For all foil kite riders
Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ozone Chrono v1 - back stalling and sudden power boosts

Postby Foil » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:28 am

A V1 chrono or even the v2, have very thin mostly Kevlar lines, that go out of tune to such an extent they need replacing to restore the desired best "new" performance, there is a well used v1 Chrono on my local beach and its had so much time spent on its bridals it was considered a lost cause as it never seemed to work like expected, but a solution was found, and it now fly's just like new, and will do for many years into the future.
there are full bridal sets available from Ozone, but the surprise is they are available in in the old thin crappy stuff or the much better thicker stronger bridal lines that are used on the V3 and v4 Chronos, and v1 and v2 Hyperlinks, and they just don't need any adjustments, its true!
heavily used v3 Chrono which many of us have had since they first came out are still totally in tune, no problems, and exactly the same bridals and speed system is available for your V1, 3 hours to fit, and here in the UK a set is not expensive, 40%more expensive than a 23mtr set of lines for the ozone bar.

mgs
Frequent Poster
Style: Skimboarding, flat water & small waves
Gear: Ozone Chrono 18m (V1)
Ozone R1 15m (V1)
Ozone Chrono 12m (V1)
Peter Lynn Nova 10m (V1)
Peter Lynn Nova 8m (V2)
Zap ACE - Skimboard
DB Sandfish - Skimboard
DIY Kite Parts - Many sewing machines :-)

Postby mgs » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:31 am

Only the V1 had the very thin lines stated as “Edelrid performance lines” under the name of “Aramid”
I have had my Chrono V1’s since 2014 and other than replacing the pulleys and speed system lines (PB1 & PB2) all is well.
The Chrono V2 bridles are sleeved dyneema having moved away from the bridle line type that was used on the V1.
It stands to reason if you order a replacement bridle system for a Chrono V1 you would receive the original bridle line type and not the sleeved dyneema type as used on the V2!

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.

Postby Foil » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:15 pm

mgs wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:31 am
Only the V1 had the very thin lines stated as “Edelrid performance lines” under the name of “Aramid”
I have had my Chrono V1’s since 2014 and other than replacing the pulleys and speed system lines (PB1 & PB2) all is well.
The Chrono V2 bridles are sleeved dyneema having moved away from the bridle line type that was used on the V1.
It stands to reason if you order a replacement bridle system for a Chrono V1 you would receive the original bridle line type and not the sleeved dyneema type as used on the V2!
surprisingly here in the UK, Ozone offered Kevlar lines (Race?) standard lines, or the heavier but better long lasting lines (thicker sleeved) lines, same as the V3/4 chrono and hyperlinks V1/2
3-4 hours to fit but new kite performance from the off :thumb:

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:40 pm

I have a V1 still on the original bridles. I have replaces the mixer/speed system for an adjustable one. Gunna's measurement of the kite to the mixer bridle adjustment works and gets the kite back into good tune.

It is worthwhile noting that the V1 Chrono is actually the first R1. It was the first depower foil built for racing. It has some fire breathing dragon built into it!
The second rendition race kite was the R1. The second revision chrono that came out was a detuned general purpose non race high aspect kite.

So,,,, if you bought a chrono V1 expecting it to be more docile like the V2's + ,,, you bought the wrong kite.

Return to “Foil Kites”