Flysurfer soul 7m and 9m vs other sizes

For all foil kite riders
seppalord
Medium Poster
Gear: FS
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Flysurfer soul 7m and 9m vs other sizes

Postby seppalord » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:10 am

My 6m has a huge range and I have no problems self launching/landing in 25kts+. Just practice makes perfect. I think for the next gen though I'll get the 7m.
Hi Jason what is your high end with the 6m on a foil? Does line length make huge differenze (17 vs 20 m) or is it negligible?
Thanks in advance

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:27 am

kitexpert wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:44 pm
Ice101 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:03 am
7 and 9 are slightly different design than the originals as they were designed to try and get Ollie bridge in the king of the air. They have a bigger curve more c shaped. More power but in my experience they are more twitchy. The 10 and 12 are mild mannered. The 9 can be a bit of handful. Pulls like a bloody rocket fastest I been on a kite board on my misses 9m.
To have more c shape does not mean kite becomes more powerful, opposite is closer to truth. It makes turning speed higher though, kite makes faster loop.

I can't very much recommend small Soul for TT use, or if so they need quite a lot rider experience. 7m Soul is pretty fast kite and it doesn't have much grunt. It likes to fly very far in the WW and when doing that it gives strong power spike which does not last for long. You can say it is a twitchy kite but it is also high performance kite.

Bigger sizes are of course milder because they are bigger and used in lower wind speeds.
My Soul 8m was my most favorite foil kite for twintip so I would disagree with you. Also all Souls have good grunt, why you can ride much smaller sizes while hydrofoiling because you can loop to start.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:30 am

seppalord wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:10 am
My 6m has a huge range and I have no problems self launching/landing in 25kts+. Just practice makes perfect. I think for the next gen though I'll get the 7m.
Hi Jason what is your high end with the 6m on a foil? Does line length make huge differenze (17 vs 20 m) or is it negligible?
Thanks in advance
I really don't know what the top end is on the 6m. Yesterday we were hitting 30kts in gusts and I had no problem holding it down since it depowers so well. I'm sure the line length would make a difference but I really haven't needed to. You gotta try one if you can, it is so controllable and such a fun kite. Near Peak characteristics with all the benefits of a traditional double skin foilkite.
These users thanked the author Adventure Logs for the post:
seppalord (Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:04 am)
Rating: 3.03%

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy

Postby kitexpert » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:38 pm

Adventure Logs wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:30 am
seppalord wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:10 am
Thanks in advance
I really don't know what the top end is on the 6m. Yesterday we were hitting 30kts in gusts and I had no problem holding it down since it depowers so well. I'm sure the line length would make a difference but I really haven't needed to. You gotta try one if you can, it is so controllable and such a fun kite. Near Peak characteristics with all the benefits of a traditional double skin foilkite.
Peaks are lot more similar to LEI's than to Soul

Return to “Foil Kites”