Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Flysurfer soul 7m and 9m vs other sizes

For all foil kite riders
User avatar
darippah
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:07 pm
Local Beach: Nj
Style: Freestyle, Strapless waves
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Flysurfer soul 7m and 9m vs other sizes

Postby darippah » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:59 am

The 7 and 9m soul were released after the other sizes

Anyone know if there are any differences between these sizes and the original released sizes?

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1036
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:25 pm
Kiting since: 2020
Weight: 75
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 129 times

Re: Flysurfer soul 7m and 9m vs other sizes

Postby nothing2seehere » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:11 am

You'll probably get more responses in the foil kite section but:

I'm sure I read somewhere something about having slightly different reinforcements internally. I went to look for it recently but couldn't find the reference though so I might be confusing it with something else.

Regularkiter
Rare Poster
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:18 pm
Local Beach: Ontario
Gear: North
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Flysurfer soul 7m and 9m vs other sizes

Postby Regularkiter » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:18 pm

Had a 9m, great kite but it doesn't like gusty winds as it would collapse a lot. Sold it. Heard 7m is great for kiteloops, but apparently suffers the same stability issues. Get an 8 or a 10 meter if you an average rider, if stability in gusty conditions doesn't worry you, 9m was the best soul I have ever tried

20kts
Rare Poster
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:54 pm
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 85kg
Local Beach: Cherry Beach - Toronto
Style: Foil Freeride
Gear: Moses T22 / 633 Wing / 91 cm mast 12/9/7m Souls & 4m Peak 4
SKShapes bar
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Flysurfer soul 7m and 9m vs other sizes

Postby 20kts » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:24 pm

I have the 7 and 9 and they have PMA adjustments you can make vs. the other Souls (I haven’t adjusted them yet.)

https://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Kit ... nce?page=1
In the comments it shows they talk about it a bit at the 54:50 mark.

Nice kites for our foiling conditions in Ontario. I don’t ride too overpowered but we get pretty gusty conditions here and they seemed to behave well enough for me.
These users thanked the author 20kts for the post:
darippah (Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:09 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

User avatar
darippah
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:07 pm
Local Beach: Nj
Style: Freestyle, Strapless waves
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Flysurfer soul 7m and 9m vs other sizes

Postby darippah » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:17 pm

20kts wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:24 pm
I have the 7 and 9 and they have PMA adjustments you can make vs. the other Souls (I haven’t adjusted them yet.)

https://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Kit ... nce?page=1
In the comments it shows they talk about it a bit at the 54:50 mark.

Nice kites for our foiling conditions in Ontario. I don’t ride too overpowered but we get pretty gusty conditions here and they seemed to behave well enough for me.
Thanks I'm looking for bigger boost and higher performance so I adjusted my pma's one knot on the bottom side. Haven't even used it yet but when I had the 8 the top end wasn't too great

User avatar
darippah
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:07 pm
Local Beach: Nj
Style: Freestyle, Strapless waves
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Flysurfer soul 7m and 9m vs other sizes

Postby darippah » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:52 am

darippah wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:17 pm
20kts wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:24 pm
I have the 7 and 9 and they have PMA adjustments you can make vs. the other Souls (I haven’t adjusted them yet.)

https://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Kit ... nce?page=1
In the comments it shows they talk about it a bit at the 54:50 mark.

Nice kites for our foiling conditions in Ontario. I don’t ride too overpowered but we get pretty gusty conditions here and they seemed to behave well enough for me.
Thanks I'm looking for bigger boost and higher performance so I adjusted my pma's one knot on the bottom side. Haven't even used it yet but when I had the 8 the top end wasn't too great
reporting back on this after using the 7m Soul with all Pma's adjusted one knot on bottom . Was out in gusty winds and had a good amount of Wing tip folding, and a few complete collapses. Kite boosted really well, hang time was unreal.

The kite has way more grunt than the Sonic 2 , and seems to only want to be on the edge of the wind window which is taking some getting used to...

Coming from a Sonic 2 , I actually enjoyed the collapses and wing tips folding because it was so easy to fix :naughty:

User avatar
Nem0
Frequent Poster
Posts: 399
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:51 pm
Local Beach: rectalcity
Favorite Beaches: Hörnum on the island Sylt (West- and Eastcoast)
Gear: 18-12-9-6m Flysurfer Soul + 133x42 ZERO-G + Spleene CarbonPro Monsterdoor
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Flysurfer soul 7m and 9m vs other sizes

Postby Nem0 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:52 pm

All Souls have this PMAs!
Normally you don’t need to use them.

For more stability shorten B-0,5cm and C-1cm at the mixer.

If you shorten PMAs on bottom sail, you’ll get more performance.
I only did it at the 2 or 3 PMAs in the tips, not in the center of the kite.

Ice101
Frequent Poster
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:06 am
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Flysurfer soul 7m and 9m vs other sizes

Postby Ice101 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:03 am

7 and 9 are slightly different design than the originals as they were designed to try and get Ollie bridge in the king of the air. They have a bigger curve more c shaped. More power but in my experience they are more twitchy. The 10 and 12 are mild mannered. The 9 can be a bit of handful. Pulls like a bloody rocket fastest I been on a kite board on my misses 9m.

sonny2727
Medium Poster
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:21 pm
Gear: North, Ozone, Taaroa, Shinn, Flysurfer, Moses
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Melbourne
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Flysurfer soul 7m and 9m vs other sizes

Postby sonny2727 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:03 am

darippah wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:52 am
darippah wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:17 pm
20kts wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:24 pm
I have the 7 and 9 and they have PMA adjustments you can make vs. the other Souls (I haven’t adjusted them yet.)

https://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Kit ... nce?page=1
In the comments it shows they talk about it a bit at the 54:50 mark.

Nice kites for our foiling conditions in Ontario. I don’t ride too overpowered but we get pretty gusty conditions here and they seemed to behave well enough for me.
Thanks I'm looking for bigger boost and higher performance so I adjusted my pma's one knot on the bottom side. Haven't even used it yet but when I had the 8 the top end wasn't too great
reporting back on this after using the 7m Soul with all Pma's adjusted one knot on bottom . Was out in gusty winds and had a good amount of Wing tip folding, and a few complete collapses. Kite boosted really well, hang time was unreal.

The kite has way more grunt than the Sonic 2 , and seems to only want to be on the edge of the wind window which is taking some getting used to...

Coming from a Sonic 2 , I actually enjoyed the collapses and wing tips folding because it was so easy to fix :naughty:
What's the top end of your 7m Soul? I guess you were on TT

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1119
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:20 pm
Gear: many kites, also diy
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Flysurfer soul 7m and 9m vs other sizes

Postby kitexpert » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:44 pm

Ice101 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:03 am
7 and 9 are slightly different design than the originals as they were designed to try and get Ollie bridge in the king of the air. They have a bigger curve more c shaped. More power but in my experience they are more twitchy. The 10 and 12 are mild mannered. The 9 can be a bit of handful. Pulls like a bloody rocket fastest I been on a kite board on my misses 9m.
To have more c shape does not mean kite becomes more powerful, opposite is closer to truth. It makes turning speed higher though, kite makes faster loop.

I can't very much recommend small Soul for TT use, or if so they need quite a lot rider experience. 7m Soul is pretty fast kite and it doesn't have much grunt. It likes to fly very far in the WW and when doing that it gives strong power spike which does not last for long. You can say it is a twitchy kite but it is also high performance kite.

Bigger sizes are of course milder because they are bigger and used in lower wind speeds.


Return to “Foil Kites”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests