Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Soul 9m PMA Adjustment

For all foil kite riders
nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Soul 9m PMA Adjustment

Postby nothing2seehere » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:04 am

Did you notice the wing tips still collapsing in the strong wind when you returned it to normal. Just wondering if the extra pressure helps with the collapses?

mashimisha
Rare Poster
Weight: 75 Kg
Local Beach: Boracay
Favorite Beaches: Tablas Island, Philippines
Nitinat Lake, Canada
Style: Freeride and boosting
Gear: Soul 9m
Soul 12m
Sonic 15m
Radical 6 (134)
Danyboard directional
Been thanked: 0

Postby mashimisha » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:05 pm

nothing2seehere wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:04 am
Did you notice the wing tips still collapsing in the strong wind when you returned it to normal. Just wondering if the extra pressure helps with the collapses?
I have never had much trouble with wingtips collapsing unless I fly directly toward the kite during a landing, and I have never been unable to recover the collapse immediately.
Perhaps my riding style is not as aggressive as other people's.

Nonetheless, based on my fiddling this week, I think that the PMAs could be a viable solution.
The kite will not make the same arcing turns that you are used to. The kite hesitates until you pull a little harder and then lunges into the turn - kind of like my friend's Core kite.

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:32 pm

That sounds interesting. It sounds like the brake effect in steering is more pronounced with the PMA change. I think with LEIs, you don't get the same effect and its the twisting/warping of the canopy that causes the turn.

Sounds like a fun project though. I always wanted to adjust the bridles to make the bar pressure a little higher. Armin from Flysurfer mentioned something about shortening one of the attachment points to increase the line tension

Return to “Foil Kites”