Pansh Aurora III vs A15

For all foil kite riders
papasmerf
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Weight: 195
Local Beach: west coast
Style: lawn mower
Gear: Slingshot, North, moses, flysurfers, some ozone again, and 17 years of accumulated kite stuff
Brand Affiliation: I like slingshot and north. good folks

Re: Pansh Aurora III vs A15

Postby papasmerf » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:02 pm

Iridian wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:00 pm
Thinking about getting an Aurora 3 or an A15 in Ultralight. Sized to 15m for light wind foiling. Seems like the Aurora is on sale, not sure which one would be better for me though.

I have a really shitty launch spot with constant gusts and lulls. Looking to get out in lower wind than my NV 13.5 will do. The NV has plenty of power but I can't keep it in the air. Front stalls or backstalls constantly thanks to the gustiness.

Which kite between the two would you recommend for gusty river use considering the price differential?
i would listen to matteo v and Foil on this one,,,, no offense bille

if you have the bank, it seems like the or roam alula would fix matters for you. no brainer there. I am out on the alula's until price comes down to a reasonable level.

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:20 pm

papasmerf wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:02 pm
Iridian wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:00 pm
Thinking about getting an Aurora 3 or an A15 in Ultralight. Sized to 15m for light wind foiling. Seems like the Aurora is on sale, not sure which one would be better for me though.

I have a really shitty launch spot with constant gusts and lulls. Looking to get out in lower wind than my NV 13.5 will do. The NV has plenty of power but I can't keep it in the air. Front stalls or backstalls constantly thanks to the gustiness.

Which kite between the two would you recommend for gusty river use considering the price differential?

if you have the bank, it seems like the or roam alula would fix matters for you. no brainer there. I am out on the alula's until price comes down to a reasonable level.
It would be cool to crowd fund this guy to get both and decide, then post a follow up here.

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:51 pm

papasmerf wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:02 pm

No offence taken ! :thumb:
But :
The OP asked about differences of an Aurora 3 or an A15 in Ultralight ; yea
absolutely ,--- If i had the funds , i'd be going for an Ozone something Cool ...
I spend Way too much money, on Rigid wing Hang gliders . :(

Bille

Iridian
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Dewey, Assateague, OBX
Favorite Beaches: Mauritania
Style: Free Style
Gear: Slingshot, Crazyfly, RE, Ocean Rodeo, Liquid Force
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Iridian » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:51 am

Don't really have the money for a $2k kite right now. Was hoping for something $850 or below. I want a 15 because I already have a 13.5 and I think that the end range of the 15 may be enough to keep my 13 in the air.

I think my light wind kite skills are okay, but nothing special. I'm hoping for something that really just hangs there without having to worry about super active flying so I can f*** up on my tacks and gybes without having to swim.

Do light weight one struts really hang as well as foil kites? I tried the 12m Liquid Force one strut. Really wasn't impressed. It was better than my NV, but not nearly the hang I was looking for.

Windigo1
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Foil foil.. and Old School!
Gear: Too many to list

Postby Windigo1 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:17 am

Iridian wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:51 am
Don't really have the money for a $2k kite right now. Was hoping for something $850 or below. I want a 15 because I already have a 13.5 and I think that the end range of the 15 may be enough to keep my 13 in the air.

I think my light wind kite skills are okay, but nothing special. I'm hoping for something that really just hangs there without having to worry about super active flying so I can f*** up on my tacks and gybes without having to swim.

Do light weight one struts really hang as well as foil kites? I tried the 12m Liquid Force one strut. Really wasn't impressed. It was better than my NV, but not nearly the hang I was looking for.
Like I said in my post liquid Force kite are crazy heavy I had a LF Solo it was heavier than my 3 struts kites. I have an Airush Ultra and several Naish Boxer they are brilliant for foiling foil kites will stay in the sky in lower wind but not that much only 1 or 2 knots. In gusty wind I prefer inflatables. The wind at my spot can die quickly without warnings so inflatables make sense for me. I also own several foil kites that I use mainly on snow they are great for certain things but gusty unstable wind is not their strength!

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:20 am

@ Iridian

If you don't have the funds for the good stuff, (like Me) ; then
go for the A15, and put that Mod i posted the link to. It will
work good enough ; till ya save up for a proper kite.

If you were close to Vegas ; i would let you borrow my A15
15m ultralight, at lake Mohave , for the low low price, of a
crappy Cold beer.

Bille

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.

Postby Foil » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:24 am

Matteo V wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:01 pm
Foil wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:42 pm
So where do these vids of these kites looking good, come from?

And why do you hear so many users praise these kites?
good point,
As for the Auora 3 then it would be easy to edit a great vid of it flying, it will fly!
It needs stable strong wind for it to be stable, and it looks superb, no question, by the way! only great from over 30ft away, close up the keen eye of a foil kite user will destroy it.
but a vid will not give any clues to how it feels through the bar, how it responds to flyer input, if it delivers smooth power, or if it delivers any good useable power for the fine handling qualities that are needed for light air hydrofoil enjoyment,
on a buggy in good winds then maybe its an ok kite to use.

If anyone is the owner and user of any high end bang up to date foil kite from the last two years, then they may be horrified at the negatives of trying to use the Auora 3 for a hydrofoiling session in any wind, never mind light airs which would be a right turn off.
as for anyone who praises these kites then I would love to give them a quick fly on any of my foil kites, and watch their faces light up as they realise where the phrase chalk and cheese comes from.

Honestly though! the bag that the Auroa 3 comes in is really good, well worth keeping, great quality, but that's it!
These users thanked the author Foil for the post:
airsail (Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:05 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:33 pm

There is a facebook group for Pansh kite fliers. I'd join that and ask your question there. From what I have heard, the A15 arrives in a working state more often than not (and is probably more tolerant to build quality issues). The build quality on the Aurora 3 seems patchy.

Nem0
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: rectalcity
Favorite Beaches: Hörnum on the island Sylt (West- and Eastcoast)
Gear: 18m Sonic3 + 12m Soul2 + 8m Sonic4 + 133x42 ZERO-G + Spleene CarbonPro Monsterdoor
Has thanked: 0

Postby Nem0 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:44 pm

The Jacko Mixer only works with the Genisis!
Even with this it increase bar pressure a lot!
I prefere Diabloline/Turboline.
This will be much better!

At the Aurora shortening B-2cm will make it more stable.
The A15 has lower aspect and is less „sporty“.

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:05 pm

I believe someone mentioned a while back that an A-15 was somewhat like a Flysurfer Speed in flying.

I would consider the A-15 to be a cousin of the old Flysurfer Pulse and the Aurora a cousin of the Speed when it comes to flying characteristics.

I haven’t tried either on a HF board but on a twintip the A-15 feels so much like a Pulse. Extremely easy launch and relaunch, decent windward performance, fantastic stability and pretty boring low performance when it comes to jumping.

On a twintip the Aurora is better to windward, still quite an easy launch and relaunch kite, nice stability and way more satisfying for jumping.

Just my thoughts having flown them.

John

Return to “Foil Kites”