Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kaupter XT Falcon

For all foil kite riders
kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1102
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:20 pm
Gear: many kites, also diy
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: Kaupter XT Falcon

Postby kitexpert » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:40 pm

Image

I would have placed air intakes more evenly. Small detail but why put them closer to each other and center? I don't know why it should be done like that.
Another drawback may be if air intake valves interfere with D-ribs (or vice versa) inside of kite. It can be avoided completely by placing valves in cells which don't have any or at least not diagonal ribs.

User avatar
mede
Frequent Poster
Posts: 457
Joined: Fri May 24, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 2001
Weight: 72 kg dry
Local Beach: Sri Lanka West Coast
Favorite Beaches: Sri Lanka West Coast, Cape Verde, Tarifa, Beauduc, Corpus Christi
Style: Strapless surfing, Big Air
Gear: Tomo Vader 5.1 HE, Gong Allvator Pro M, Liquid Force Legacy, Blade Trigger 5m & 8m & 10m, Storm Voyager 13m
Brand Affiliation: none
Location: Sri Lanka / Switzerland
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Kaupter XT Falcon

Postby mede » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:04 pm

kitexpert wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:40 pm
Image

I would have placed air intakes more evenly. Small detail but why put them closer to each other and center? I don't know why it should be done like that.
Another drawback may be if air intake valves interfere with D-ribs (or vice versa) inside of kite. It can be avoided completely by placing valves in cells which don't have any or at least not diagonal ribs.
I guess because at the center, you get the highest average speed of the kite, which maximizes the efficiency of filling the kite

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1102
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:20 pm
Gear: many kites, also diy
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: Kaupter XT Falcon

Postby kitexpert » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:59 pm

mede wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:04 pm
kitexpert wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:40 pm
Image

I would have placed air intakes more evenly. Small detail but why put them closer to each other and center? I don't know why it should be done like that.
Another drawback may be if air intake valves interfere with D-ribs (or vice versa) inside of kite. It can be avoided completely by placing valves in cells which don't have any or at least not diagonal ribs.
I guess because at the center, you get the highest average speed of the kite, which maximizes the efficiency of filling the kite
Yes, center is good place to have an air intake (but IDK if your argument for it is solid though). When you locate them evenly there is shorter distance to the wingtips from the furthest air intakes. So wing tips fill a bit faster.

Looking forward to this kite because it looks like wonderful combination of decent modern design, very light weight and reasonable pricing. Actually all stuff from Kauper is interesting and well thought, apparently a very good brand

User avatar
Nem0
Frequent Poster
Posts: 376
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:51 pm
Local Beach: rectalcity
Favorite Beaches: Hörnum on the island Sylt (West- and Eastcoast)
Gear: 18-12-9-6m Flysurfer Soul + 133x42 ZERO-G + Spleene CarbonPro Monsterdoor
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: Kaupter XT Falcon

Postby Nem0 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:12 am

kitexpert wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:59 pm
Yes, center is good place to have an air intake (but IDK if your argument for it is solid though). When you locate them evenly there is shorter distance to the wingtips from the furthest air intakes. So wing tips fill a bit faster.
You reach the same target while increasing air traffic inside the kite with less barriers.

User avatar
Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1246
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:18 pm
Local Beach: Punta del Diablo, Uruguay
Favorite Beaches: Durban, SA
Corpus Christi
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Slinghot, Nobile, Zeeko
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 153 times
Contact:

Re: Kaupter XT Falcon

Postby Adventure Logs » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:09 pm

kitexpert wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:59 pm

Looking forward to this kite because it looks like wonderful combination of decent modern design, very light weight and reasonable pricing. Actually all stuff from Kauper is interesting and well thought, apparently a very good brand
Unless they make some changes with their Pixto bar, it's not ideal for foil kites. The center bullet can tangle with the steering lines during loops at times, theres no rear line balls/strap to help with landings, and the center line tube will restrict your sheeting in/out during turns. He's updated some things at least like different color flying lines(which he argued was unneeded for awhile before hand) and the safety is looking cleaner but it's still not a bar I would recommend. Perhaps he will update it some more.
Last edited by Adventure Logs on Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bataleon
Rare Poster
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:32 pm
Style: Freeride
Gear: Liquid Force Solo 9 and 15,5
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Kaupter XT Falcon

Postby bataleon » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:44 pm

Adventure Logs wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:09 pm
kitexpert wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:59 pm

Looking forward to this kite because it looks like wonderful combination of decent modern design, very light weight and reasonable pricing. Actually all stuff from Kauper is interesting and well thought, apparently a very good brand
Unless they make some changes with their Pixto bar, it's not ideal for foiling. The center bullet can tangle with the steering lines during loops at times, theres no rear line balls/strap to help with landings, and the center line tube will restrict your sheeting in/out during turns. He's updated some things at least like different color flying lines(which he argued was unneeded for awhile before hand) and the safety is looking cleaner but it's still not a bar I would recommend. Perhaps he will update it some more.
Have you actually tried the bar yourself or are you just making assumptions?

User avatar
Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1246
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:18 pm
Local Beach: Punta del Diablo, Uruguay
Favorite Beaches: Durban, SA
Corpus Christi
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Slinghot, Nobile, Zeeko
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 153 times
Contact:

Re: Kaupter XT Falcon

Postby Adventure Logs » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:08 pm

bataleon wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:44 pm
Adventure Logs wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:09 pm
kitexpert wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:59 pm

Looking forward to this kite because it looks like wonderful combination of decent modern design, very light weight and reasonable pricing. Actually all stuff from Kauper is interesting and well thought, apparently a very good brand
Unless they make some changes with their Pixto bar, it's not ideal for foiling. The center bullet can tangle with the steering lines during loops at times, theres no rear line balls/strap to help with landings, and the center line tube will restrict your sheeting in/out during turns. He's updated some things at least like different color flying lines(which he argued was unneeded for awhile before hand) and the safety is looking cleaner but it's still not a bar I would recommend. Perhaps he will update it some more.
Have you actually tried the bar yourself or are you just making assumptions?
Have it.

These users thanked the author Adventure Logs for the post:
sonny2727 (Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:45 am)
Rating: 6.67%

User avatar
geokite
Medium Poster
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:40 am
Local Beach: Silver Strand, Mission Bay
Favorite Beaches: Sherman, Belmont
Style: Surf, Foil
Gear: Firewire, SS, Lift, Gin, Kitech, Switch
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Kaupter XT Falcon

Postby geokite » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:24 pm

Based on the weight, I would suspect it uses the same fabric that Kitech is using in their UL versions. If Kitech used lighter bridle lines I would think the weight could get down into the range of these by Kauper.

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1102
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:20 pm
Gear: many kites, also diy
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: Kaupter XT Falcon

Postby kitexpert » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:39 pm

geokite wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:24 pm
Based on the weight, I would suspect it uses the same fabric that Kitech is using in their UL versions. If Kitech used lighter bridle lines I would think the weight could get down into the range of these by Kauper.
This is much more complex kite than kitech frs. Serious modern foil kite. That makes extremely light weight so interesting - even though design itself is much more important than if kite weights 200g more or less.

User avatar
Ulrik
Medium Poster
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 1:00 am
Style: Freeride, Hydrofoil,Waveriding
Gear: Shinn BronQ CRB4
Groove Skate 130,
Nobile Kite skim
Kitech FreeRS
Naish Pivot
Gong Unik
GONG KITEFOIL ALLVATOR FREEWAVE
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Kaupter XT Falcon

Postby Ulrik » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:39 pm

Regis-de-giens wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:29 am
Like for the pulsion with about same weight, you should be able to jump ! And relaunch better than a single skin even in 6 knots, and more speed/fun during the ride.

I like this Falcon and would like to try !!!!

Curious about the aspect ratio...
AR is 5 - 5.25 :
Attachments
kauper.JPG


Return to “Foil Kites”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron