Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kaupter XT Falcon

For all foil kite riders
Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Kaupter XT Falcon

Postby Regis-de-giens » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:59 pm

ok, thanks ; very similar to Pulsion so IMO a very good option for "easy marginal winds and coming back to shore with a kite dry "; I would be interested to have one at least for a test and a video ! or maybe even more but reluctant to buy a brand new foil kite , being a first foil of a new small company, that nobody had tested first ...

But it seems well born ...

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy

Postby kitexpert » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:20 pm

Wow! Very good stuff in Kauper website about this kite. It looks so good - everything seems to be of high quality design and production, even small details are thoroughly thought out and apparently very well executed. This kite sets a bar at very high level - and for a very reasonable price. Seems like almost too good to be true :o

Who buys simple old fashioned kites for much higher price when you can get kite like this? High cell count and moderate AR, this concept is very promising and also not likely to disappoint. Not a race kite but still quite high performance kite with good usability.

I really hope this kite performs as well as its design allows to expect. My only concern is how durable kite is so I wouldn't recommend it for beginners because fabric is so light weight and also inner parts are optimized for light weight. But even then durability is not forgotten, two different strength fabrics in ribs, tape reinforcements and attachment points of new design (which looks quite nice).

In pictures kite looks great. Good clear pictures which show very well what it is all about, high quality kite.
Last edited by kitexpert on Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:22 pm

My mistake I thought it was about the new foil kite. Deleted.
Last edited by Adventure Logs on Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Adventure Logs for the post:
Regis-de-giens (Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:36 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.

Postby Regis-de-giens » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:36 pm

Adventure Logs wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:22 pm
If you use chrome translator, there's a review on this thread. The short of it, he didn't seem very impressed and is now for sale. They also talk about the refusal of the company to allow demos.

http://www.lesfoilz.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5259
Thanks Adventure Log ; actually I created this thread on this french forum which I participate often for years ; actually nobody has tested the Falcon on the thread; the test review concerns their LEI kite "marverick en 7 m" and the user (two users actually) did not liked this LEI , without being aggressive against Kauper; indeed as I said on the thread I asked for a demo Facon but the answer is negative ;

The thread speaks of some design feature but also the fact that for a small company that has no reference on foil kites and few backlog on LEI, do ing no advertising nor kite demo will not be easy to promote the kite ; we all understand their policy to reduce costs, propose good prices for everybody , and no opinion leaders reward; were really like this approach different from majors ; however it may slow down the process to expose the kite if counting only on rider ready to take "high" risks (some companies failed with foil kites like Zeeko and Storm) of being deceived and /or loose a lot of money the reselling it second hand. I personally took this financial risk with Conceptair (I paid this first Pulsion ever full price) 4 years ago but there was no other real alternative for light wind free ride kite on the market at that time.

So we still hope to get a demo Falcon one day, like we had from 2 other small companies on Lesfoilz : Kitech and Conceptair.

Mr Kauper , if you read me ... :-)

Kitexpert : I suggest you buy one and make a review since you are so sure of yourself.
Last edited by Regis-de-giens on Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitexpert » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:42 pm

Adventure Logs wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:22 pm
Regis-de-giens wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:59 pm
ok, thanks ; very similar to Pulsion so IMO a very good option for "easy marginal winds and coming back to shore with a kite dry "; I would be interested to have one at least for a test and a video ! or maybe even more but reluctant to buy a brand new foil kite , being a first foil of a new small company, that nobody had tested first ...

But it seems well born ...
If you use chrome translator, there's a review on this thread. The short of it, he didn't seem very impressed and is now for sale. They also talk about the refusal of the company to allow demos.

http://www.lesfoilz.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5259
Single user opinion is pretty much insignificant. who knows if he even knows how to use a foil kite. In bad gusty conditions every kite sucks, in optimal conditions almost all kites are good. (OK, not pansh genesis)

I must say I don't trust so much Regis's reviews either, not because he isn't reliable but because he is so light weight guy who does extreme light wind hf. Your reviews are much more relevant to me because there is boosting, use in higher winds and looping etc. But in the end I only trust myself, I've almost 20 years of experience and hundreds of different kites tested , most brands, all kite types and sizes from 2 to 26m2.
Last edited by kitexpert on Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author kitexpert for the post:
Oldman (Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:26 am)
Rating: 3.03%

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitexpert » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:57 pm

Regis-de-giens wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:36 pm
Kiteexpert I suggest you buy one and make a review since you are so sure of yourself.
I have already too many kites, dozens of them. Nowadays I mainly use old LEI kites, they are good enough. But of course I know modern foil kites like Soul, Sonic, Nova, Aero and most snowkites and Peaks of course.

But if I'll have a possibility to test that kite I very much like to do so.

Floating around
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 82kg
Favorite Beaches: Lake Garda
Style: Lawn mower
Gear: Nobile infinity foil
Gong strutless
Flysurfer Peak 4
Groove Skate
Kauper Falcon
SAB foil

Postby Floating around » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:12 pm

No longer just pre order, it seems to be available now. Not sure how the guy on the other site has got one and tested it already as they have been preorder only until this week.
Looks nice to me but I really don’t have a clue! Haven’t really flowed a foil since the early 2000’s absolutely loved it though... windtools mosquito pro, super fun kite.

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Regis-de-giens » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:13 pm

Floating around wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:12 pm
No longer just pre order, it seems to be available now. Not sure how the guy on the other site has got one and tested it already as they have been preorder only until this week.
Looks nice to me but I really don’t have a clue! Haven’t really flowed a foil since the early 2000’s absolutely loved it though... windtools mosquito pro, super fun kite.
They have not tested it on the other site ; the test relates the "old" LEI Maverick, not this new foil kite, even if mentioned in the Falcon thread

Floating around
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 82kg
Favorite Beaches: Lake Garda
Style: Lawn mower
Gear: Nobile infinity foil
Gong strutless
Flysurfer Peak 4
Groove Skate
Kauper Falcon
SAB foil

Postby Floating around » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:30 pm

Regis-de-giens wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:13 pm
Floating around wrote:
They have not tested it on the other site ; the test relates the "old" LEI Maverick, not this new foil kite, even if mentioned in the Falcon thread
Sorry, my mistake. The translated version was not easy to follow.
Quite interested in the first proper review. Anyone have one on order?

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:03 pm

Floating around wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:30 pm
Regis-de-giens wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:13 pm
Floating around wrote:
Sorry, my mistake. The translated version was not easy to follow.
Quite interested in the first proper review. Anyone have one on order?
Same that is my mistake as well and I’ll put the blame on the translator. I’ll edit my post.

Return to “Foil Kites”