Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: HF
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Kaupter XT Falcon

Postby merl » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:18 am

kitexpert wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:42 pm
I must say I don't trust so much Regis's reviews either, not because he isn't reliable but because he is so light weight guy who does extreme light wind hf.
Since you generally fly "good enough" old LEIs then maybe it does not matter whether you trust a review or not, since you are not experimenting with anything new anyway. I (definitely not a lightweight) am very thankful for Regis's reviews and would say from experience that he is very much worth listening too. Thanks to his reviews I was lucky to find a 12m pulsion second hand in canada which indeed does what regis said it does in his reviews, even though I weigh 50% more than him.
These users thanked the author merl for the post (total 2):
Regis-de-giens (Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:54 pm) • bitxopalo (Tue May 18, 2021 2:15 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

Nem0
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: rectalcity
Favorite Beaches: Hörnum on the island Sylt (West- and Eastcoast)
Gear: 18m Sonic3 + 12m Soul2 + 8m Sonic4 + 133x42 ZERO-G + Spleene CarbonPro Monsterdoor
Has thanked: 0

Postby Nem0 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:14 pm

Floating around wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:30 pm
Quite interested in the first proper review. Anyone have one on order?
I do :thumb:
It may arrive around mid of May...
These users thanked the author Nem0 for the post:
Floating around (Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:46 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy

Postby kitexpert » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:02 pm

merl wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:18 am
kitexpert wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:42 pm
I must say I don't trust so much Regis's reviews either, not because he isn't reliable but because he is so light weight guy who does extreme light wind hf.
Since you generally fly "good enough" old LEIs then maybe it does not matter whether you trust a review or not, since you are not experimenting with anything new anyway. I (definitely not a lightweight) am very thankful for Regis's reviews and would say from experience that he is very much worth listening too. Thanks to his reviews I was lucky to find a 12m pulsion second hand in canada which indeed does what regis said it does in his reviews, even though I weigh 50% more than him.
I do experiment all the new stuff, anytime it is available. But I'm not so keen to it I'd like to pay over $1k to have a test ride. I don't necessarily need new kites because I know what kites are. Many people overestimate the significance of kite, rider skill and good conditions are much more important. As far as kite is decent and not a lame dog like some Pansh Genesis it is not about the kite but what you do with the kite.

I guess your Pulsion then stays in the air very well and what else, makes you move? But good for you you find it second hand, hopefully it was cheap. I wouldn't pay much for a simple kite like that, maybe $200. Old Speeds are so cheap nowadays and I'm 99.9% certain they out jump Pulsion very easily. Ultra low wind lawn mowing is too boring anyway and Speeds are very good in it too.

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:23 pm

Each time we speak about Pulsion you troll the messages ... so I prefer to consider your post as a joke my friend ;

I owned a old speed 2 Silver arrow and a Speed 4 Lotus and a speed 3 DLX (all in hydrofoil plus TT riding) just before the Pulsion and it is really not the same world in term of agility, fun and zen in light ; not to speak about the carving or waves possibilities or snow kite abilities; I guess the Falcon will be the same kind hence my comparison.

... 200 dollars ... For many riders around the world, this kite (like the kitech FRS or this promising Falcon probably, all equivalent aspect ratio ) gave enormous smile and progress opportunities and significantly improved their light wind limits , so unless you want to annoy all those people with a kite "they should have paid 5 times cheaper" (*) , I do not see your point for a kite you even never tried;
(*) by the way it is manufactured by hand in Canada, while they are not more expensive than big-brand kites made in China in the end ...
I am not affiliated to Conceptair and paid all my kites, I even think of buying a Falcon to diversify my rides!)

Anyway, end of debate for me here; Back to the topic, the Falcon : I have contacted Kauper to get their confirmation if they already have stocks to order; I like their bridal attachement which seems quite robust ; also happy that we can change the setting of the speed system to adapt the ride still and wind
These users thanked the author Regis-de-giens for the post:
Ulrik (Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:38 pm)

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitexpert » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:11 am

Second hand foil kites are quite cheap because they have been around for so long. quite a lot used kites available. Of course if kite is worn out it is not worth even $200 but if it is in very good shape you can pay a bit more.

And now Kauper sells NEW kites of very fine design starting from under €1k. So prices of used kites should be considered against that.

If you give your one season used kite (in very good shape) as an exchange to new you won't get 50% of original price refund from it, it can be as low as 30%.

It is noteworthy Pulsion kites are made in Canada but perhaps more expensive labor is one of the reasons why it is so simple kite. If it had as many details as Falcon it would cost perhaps 1.5x more and hardly no one would buy it.

By their designs Speeds are undeniably more refined kites than Pulsion. That is a fact. It is another question how much and which properties of Speeds are better because of complex design but it is not difficult to guess it is boosting, hang time and upwind capabilities. Speeds have pretty solid reputation as boosting kites and I know they are capable. Of course Soul and Sonic are even better but still, Speeds are high performance kites.

I just don't believe is miracles - and it would be a miracle if simple lower AR kite like Pulsion could have better performance (in traditional sense) than higher AR kite with much more refined design. Every other kite manufacturer tries hard to push limits by developing very complex and expensive designs: Sonic3, Soul, Chronos, Halo etc. and now latest ones Koala and Falcon. They don't do it in vain: simple design just means excessive drag, which means lower L/D, which means lower performance (boosting /upwind/hangtime etc). Certainly UL weight kite stays in the air very well but I don't see that so interesting feature.

What comes to trolling I see comparisons of primitive and refined kites as equals very much like it.

czareka
Rare Poster
Weight: 92
Local Beach: Kessenich in Begium, Lake Zalew Zegrzyński, Lake Kierskie, Poland, Narty Lake Poland
Favorite Beaches: Sotavento on Fuerteventura
Brouwersdam in Holland
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Div. Armstrong Foils, Skywalker Board by Aeroboards, F One Surffoil 38L, Armstrong Wingsurf 34L Board, Su2 Boards, Sabfoil Fluente, Ozone Wings, Cabrinha Moto, Kauper-XT Falcon, Ozone Hyperlink.

Postby czareka » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:47 am

mattin wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:54 pm
Has anyone tried the new kaupter xt falcon foilkite?
Seems extremely light and looks quite nice.

https://en.kauper-xt.com/kopie-von-k-i-t-e
I had the chance to ride this kite in 13m last summer on my Mallorca trip. And this for few times. I owned Soul, X-19, Peak4, F One HALO, rod other soft kites very often and now have the Ozone Hyperlink v2. All in different sizes.

During my session on Mallorca I changed the kites between my HL and Falcon many times to have a head to head comparison.

And I need to say that Falcon feels very light but same time very responsive to me and stable, what is very important for my kitefoil style. I felt just familiarly with this kite from the first touch. It flights like the Ozone HL v2 but turns faster (a little like the HALO) and jump better. Hangtime was amazing and huge. I could do board offs and other tricks after first few moves.

All inn all I can say that Falcon could be now most interesting soft kite for foilers who are looking for a versatile foil kite for free ride and nice jump sessions! :-)

Cheers!
Cesary
These users thanked the author czareka for the post (total 3):
Regis-de-giens (Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:51 am) • kitexpert (Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:59 am) • mattin (Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:56 pm)
Rating: 9.09%

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:52 am

I like your comparison with HL and soul and Halo;

Soul and halo are good jumper (even if not the same technic), so would you say that the Falcon is "even" better ?

Maybe the wind was not too low but have you felt the very light weight of the Falcon in lulls ?
These users thanked the author Regis-de-giens for the post:
czareka (Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:58 am)

czareka
Rare Poster
Weight: 92
Local Beach: Kessenich in Begium, Lake Zalew Zegrzyński, Lake Kierskie, Poland, Narty Lake Poland
Favorite Beaches: Sotavento on Fuerteventura
Brouwersdam in Holland
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Div. Armstrong Foils, Skywalker Board by Aeroboards, F One Surffoil 38L, Armstrong Wingsurf 34L Board, Su2 Boards, Sabfoil Fluente, Ozone Wings, Cabrinha Moto, Kauper-XT Falcon, Ozone Hyperlink.

Postby czareka » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:05 pm

Regis-de-giens wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:52 am
I like your comparison with HL and soul and Halo;

Soul and halo are good jumper (even if not the same technic), so would you say that the Falcon is "even" better ?

Maybe the wind was not too low but have you felt the very light weight of the Falcon in lulls ?
I would say that falcon is a bit more better than the HL v2. It feels to me like a better mix of HL and HALO. It feels as light as the Peak4 in the same size but has all the characteristics of closed cells soft kite.

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitexpert » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:10 pm

Sounds very good. Very much like when I was few weeks ago with Sonic3, it felt instantly familiar and reassuring. Just send it and fly, bar fully sheeted in like with a LEI, kite just flies and lands you extremely softly.

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:46 pm

[quote=czareka post_id=1135756 time=1618656470 user_id=94008]
[quote=mattin post_id=1130887 time=1614891241 user_id=101866]
Has anyone tried the new kaupter xt falcon foilkite?
Seems extremely light and looks quite nice.

https://en.kauper-xt.com/kopie-von-k-i-t-e
[/quote]

I had the chance to ride this kite in 13m last summer on my Mallorca trip. And this for few times. I owned Soul, X-19, Peak4, F One HALO, rod other soft kites very often and now have the Ozone Hyperlink v2. All in different sizes.

During my session on Mallorca I changed the kites between my HL and Falcon many times to have a head to head comparison.

And I need to say that Falcon feels very light but same time very responsive to me and stable, what is very important for my kitefoil style. I felt just familiarly with this kite from the first touch. It flights like the Ozone HL v2 but turns faster (a little like the HALO) and jump better. Hangtime was amazing and huge. I could do board offs and other tricks after first few moves.

All inn all I can say that Falcon could be now most interesting soft kite for foilers who are looking for a versatile foil kite for free ride and nice jump sessions! :-)

Cheers!
Cesary
[/quote]

I would take this with a grain of salt.

Last summer no one travelled anywhere, I think...

Total posts: 3.

Sorry mate, to claim that a new product is better than one of the best, this should come from someone with best reputation ever.

I think this is reasonable to expect.

Return to “Foil Kites”