Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kaupter XT Falcon

For all foil kite riders
nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Kaupter XT Falcon

Postby nothing2seehere » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:00 am

The guy at my beach who sold my 10m soul to me (and now has a 10m Roam) said that the soul had much better low end. He didn't specify a value as locally 8-9 knots tends to be the point where the wind does funny things at our beach (might shut off - might change direction - everyone comes in). In the link above, Rayner compares the 9m to the 10m soul so I would expect the 9m to have better low end than your 10m Roam and then you can size up from there to chase the extra margins as you like. In reality you might find as much low end performance increase by changing the wings on your foil when its really low wind (if you look at the wingfoil forums, those guys are riding in 8 knots on big wings ).

I think your question should be more - whats missing from the performance of your Roam as the handling is going to be so different (the Peak would be closer in characteristics to the Roam). I gather the Aluula Roams are great products and I see this one used on a twin tip boosting pretty high.

For myself, I'm interested in the extra depower. The pull through the loop of the Soul is a little stronger than I'd really like and this is something that the Falcon is supposed to be much better at than on the soul.
These users thanked the author nothing2seehere for the post:
leeuwen (Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:18 am)
Rating: 3.03%

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:15 am

cor wrote:
downunder wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:46 pm
Last summer no one travelled anywhere, I think...
Stop judging other people out of thin air.

Europeans were allowed to travel last summer pretty much everywhere they wanted at least inside Europe and it was always pretty easy to travel to Mallorca (where Kauper Kites are developed), even under Covid-restrictions.

Rainer Kauper confirmed that he gave a prototype to czareka last year: https://oaseforum.de/showpost.php?p=142 ... tcount=118 . So at least we can assume that this review is real.

What you do with that review is up to you. I always appreciate if riders share their first impressions, regardless if they are beginners, experts or anything in between.
Jesus,

you realize I'm an Euro? Whow, you guys judging ME on the xyz basics but at the same time you dig heaps into the 'dark' net (joking) for a prof of someones reputation?
Ha ha, reputation cannot be built on fake accounts with fake pics with fake friends?

You got it wrong. When someone posts 3 times about the same topic and nothing else, raving about the product, this is called pimping. No matter how it is packaged. Advertising is exactly that.

I can't care less for other forums and what was posted somewhere. If some Brand does not want to pay for advertising here, than it's Toby's issue how to approach to this. That's been discussed many many times. Ask Toby for clarification, not me.

cor
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: -

Postby cor » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:30 am

downunder wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:15 am
I can't care less for other forums and what was posted somewhere.
I bet you never admit that you are wrong because you simply choose to ignore any indication that opposes your opinion.

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:38 am

Apologies to @downunder from me. In my defence I hadn't read the tidal wave of support for the other user before I posted (it was on another page I hadn't read to at that point).

Looks like an interesting product to me. I'd love to see some video of one actually flying.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:11 am

czareka wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:13 pm
Sorry mate, to claim that a new product is better than one of the best, this should come from someone with best reputation ever.
Sorry, that I'm not good enough for you and that I don't write that often in this forum. But check maybe this:

Second most active user in the foilforum.pl since 2017

http://www.foilforum.pl/memberlist.php?mode=&sk=d&sd=d

258 Posts on www.kirefoirum.pl since 2006
132 Posts on www.oaseforum.de since 2006

You are also welcome to visit my YT

https://youtu.be/OG_bVU5Jy-E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROXHvEy ... NIW6Lz0GIu

Or join me on fb or Instagram.

Cheers
Cesary
I hate to say it but less than 500 posts in 15 years really is nothing. The problem is everyone can look creditable on the interweb which makes no one creditable. Without videos or even at least some pictures, your word really doesn’t mean much. If you want people to trust you, get some footage.

Back to the subject. I’m curious how long these foil kites will last especially with their light weight build. I know many love the Kitechs but from who I’ve talked to that ride them, the general consensus is they don’t age well which doesn’t work for me.

With my experience with this company, I’d wait for the small improvements. The pixto bar has gone through some major upgrades in a short amount of time(many things I’ve complained about in my review have been fixed). I’d love to ride one to see but being stateside makes it incredibly difficult and I’ve already been burnt once. I’ll wait to see some actual video footage of it in flight before I make my judgement though.

czareka
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 92
Local Beach: Kessenich in Begium, Lake Zalew Zegrzyński, Lake Kierskie, Poland, Narty Lake Poland
Favorite Beaches: Sotavento on Fuerteventura
Brouwersdam in Holland
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Div. Armstrong Foils, Skywalker Board by Aeroboards, F One Surffoil 38L, Armstrong Wingsurf 34L Board, Su2 Boards, Sabfoil Fluente, Ozone Wings, Cabrinha Moto, Kauper-XT Falcon, Ozone Hyperlink.

Postby czareka » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:54 am

Adventure Logs wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:11 am
czareka wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:13 pm
Sorry mate, to claim that a new product is better than one of the best, this should come from someone with best reputation ever.
Sorry, that I'm not good enough for you and that I don't write that often in this forum. But check maybe this:

Second most active user in the foilforum.pl since 2017

http://www.foilforum.pl/memberlist.php?mode=&sk=d&sd=d

258 Posts on www.kirefoirum.pl since 2006
132 Posts on www.oaseforum.de since 2006

You are also welcome to visit my YT

https://youtu.be/OG_bVU5Jy-E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROXHvEy ... NIW6Lz0GIu
I hate to say it but less than 500 posts in 15 years really is nothing. The problem is everyone can look creditable on the interweb which makes no one creditable. Without videos or even at least some pictures, your word really doesn’t mean much. If you want people to trust you, get some footage.
Just read it before you comment. 258 + 132 + 389 = 776 only on the above mentioned forums. Add thousands of posts on different FB Kite and Hydrofoil groups in different languages, Instagram & YT. Try maybe BigQuery or other analytic tools to find it out :-). But it still doesn't matter for me if you believe or not. Just try the kite and come back with your opinion or wait for other opinions to compare. 
In my opinion the kite is a little better than the Ozone Hyperlink v2 that I have already bought a second time (13 and 9m). After I used Flysurfer Soul (15 & 8m), Spleene X-19 (two editions) Flysurfer Peak4 in 4, 5 and 8m and many others for a long time. Please refer to my instagram cesar.august.jr account for pictures and videos and also to my yt if you wish. 

Be aware that I didn't open the thread about the Falcon kite on the kiteforum.com only posted days after the first post was created. This is because I was maybe one of the first person ever that had the chance to ride this kite. And this for a few days at once. I posted to kiteforum after I posted a similar post on the german forum because I saw that someone asked for it.

The world is also existing outside of the kiteforum.com community :-)

Have a nice day wherever you are!

Best reg.
Cesary

Floating around
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 82kg
Favorite Beaches: Lake Garda
Style: Lawn mower
Gear: Nobile infinity foil
Gong strutless
Flysurfer Peak 4
Groove Skate
Kauper Falcon
SAB foil

Postby Floating around » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:12 pm

Hi all,

They now have 3 short videos of it flying on the website. Sure looks real nice.
Anyone got one yet?

Nem0
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: rectalcity
Favorite Beaches: Hörnum on the island Sylt (West- and Eastcoast)
Gear: 18m Sonic3 + 12m Soul2 + 8m Sonic4 + 133x42 ZERO-G + Spleene CarbonPro Monsterdoor
Has thanked: 0

Postby Nem0 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:22 pm

These users thanked the author Nem0 for the post:
rnelias (Thu May 06, 2021 11:52 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Tomlutz
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Weight: 83
Local Beach: Switzerland
Gear: TT, Foil Moses Onda, Soul 8, Pansh Genesis, Concept Air Pulsion 18m, Kauper XT Falocn 11 and 13

Postby Tomlutz » Sun May 16, 2021 5:15 pm

I had a chance to fly the new Falcon 11. No, I am not a tester, not an influencer, just an ordinary kiter who paid the normal price for the gear. 85 kg, big foil with 1200 ccm.

I would still consider myself a beginner on foil and wanted to have a replacement for my Soul 12, that I consider as difficult for a beginner on foil with a big wing (especially with a volume board without straps). I can mostly compare to LEIs, Souls and a Peak 13. So far, I am impressed and fully satisfied. Just like Peak 13, loops are smooth, the Falcon develops a continous pull evenly and with predictable power. This is also the biggest advantage compared to a Soul 12, that renders power with a delay, then too much and a moment later the pull is gone in very light winds. Falcon also turns much better, whereas in light winds the Soul sometimes is stubborn, too heavy. Soul 8 on the other hand turns good (you would not use it in very light winds anyway), and Soul 21 I liked for foiling, too, maybe because it is a completely different feel, everthings happens so slowly.

Otherwise the Falcon 11:

- is very stable
- is extremely lightweight, exactly what I like. Without compromises the designer has reduced to the max. This adds a lot to good flying behaviour: good drift, good turning even in light wind, easy launch. Similar to the Peak 13.
- for launch you have to pull the bar, as the manual says, and for steering you really have to pull hard at the beginning of the inflation
- If turning is good and better compared to a Soul, it is still not as good as a single skin / LEI - not a surprise.

Wind dropped from maybe 11 knots to under 6. I think I could ride on foil from 7 knots, which is good. If I need a bit more wind that with the Soul 12 and the Peak 13, it is hard to go upwind with a Peak in under 7 knots.

Haven't relaunched in water, but I don't expect any surprises.

This was just a very first impression, after barely 1 h I was not yet totally familiar with the kite. - Tom
These users thanked the author Tomlutz for the post (total 6):
Regis-de-giens (Sun May 16, 2021 7:55 pm) • BenS (Sun May 16, 2021 10:39 pm) • sonny2727 (Sun May 16, 2021 11:08 pm) • nothing2seehere (Mon May 17, 2021 8:38 am) • cor (Thu May 20, 2021 2:03 pm) • leeuwen (Tue May 25, 2021 8:16 am)
Rating: 18.18%

Floating around
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 82kg
Favorite Beaches: Lake Garda
Style: Lawn mower
Gear: Nobile infinity foil
Gong strutless
Flysurfer Peak 4
Groove Skate
Kauper Falcon
SAB foil

Postby Floating around » Mon May 24, 2021 9:10 pm

Thought I would add my .2c in here.

I have just got a 9M falcon.

A bit about me first. I have almost zero foil experience! I learned to kite with a windtools mosquito foil back in early 2000’s?? More or less. After that it has been all inflatables finishing up with gong strutless for foiling. until recently when I picked up a peak 4 in 6m. For the record I haven’t made friends with the peak yet.... seems really slow and low power, probably my bad. Will persevere for a bit longer with it as it is so simple and robust.
So the falcon, I have only had it a couple of days and just flown it in light winds on the beach. I was a bit apprehensive about getting a proper foil, lots written about being difficult ect. So when I hooked in and went for it it was a bit of a letdown! I’m shocked! It was amazing! Went up easy, when I followed the instructions. Didn’t hold pressure on the bar the first time and the front folded over.
When up and inflated, fast! Much faster than my peak 6m, turns faster to. What I really likes was the depower, really easy on/off. Full power through the middle of the wind and could drop the power to about 20% instantly. Kite slowed a little but carried on to the edge of the window.
Seemed easy enough to back down for a reverse landing. No real drama with that. Messing around with backing it up from the side of the window didn’t go so well but that was probably due to the very light wind, some what under 10 knots.
Build seems tidy. Fabric is extremely thin, looks like tissue paper. Lines are also very thin. Everything seems much thinner that the peak. Nice touches like Velcro holders for the lines and neoprene cover for the zip slider. Love the colours, it looks super classy in the air. Helps that orange is my favourite colour.

Not much of a review but it’s a start.

Packing down was a nightmare and ended up in a ball....need to practice that quietly at home.

Return to “Foil Kites”