For all foil kite riders
mar menor
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 70kgs
Local Beach: Mar Menor - los narejos ,la llana, Cabo de palos
Favorite Beaches: Calblanque, El Pinet
Gear: Ozone Alpha V2 10m,PLKB Ozone Alpha v1 8m,PLKB Synergy and Swell 8m & 6m
Boards-Groove skate and moses 633 and 679,north fish.ocean rodeo mako,Nobile 666
Brand Affiliation: Ozone ,PLKB,Prolimit

Re: Kaupter XT Falcon

Postby mar menor » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:07 pm

Hi anyone tried the new V2, according to website has new material ,increased from 27gr to 32gr
"Paratex Evolution material, developped in 2021. This material has not yet been used in any other kite and is highly coated with silicone on both sides. It therefore takes almost no water at all, but requires specially trained sewers in the production. The special feature of the ripstop fabric which weighs only 32 g/sqm is its extremely longlife high airtightness which puts other materials in the shade. This guarantees a high profile accuracy even after many hours on the water."
Also Ribs have been made from stronger material
In essence , more durable but heavier? Reviews of V1 in terms of flying characteristics are really positive wonder if the V2 flys aswell as V1?

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Regis-de-giens » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:38 pm

mar menor wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:07 pm
new material ,increased from 27gr to 32gr
Interesting to know the weight impact, but to me weight is that important for kite above 12m that I am quite doubtful ...

Still very interested to test one one day...

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:49 am

mar menor wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:07 pm
Hi anyone tried the new V2, according to website has new material ,increased from 27gr to 32gr
"Paratex Evolution material, developped in 2021. This material has not yet been used in any other kite and is highly coated with silicone on both sides. It therefore takes almost no water at all, but requires specially trained sewers in the production.
That sounds a lot like the old Lotus fabric from FS. If it's similar it will
Be fantastically air tight and will last a long, long time. The only problem is with crashes or going in higher speeds(such as racing) the air tightness will work against you and there's more of a chance of damage. Hopefully he's got good blowoff valves for crashes.

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:28 am

Indeed, agree with your pro and cons on Lotus ; loved Lotus on my speed4 , but main problem was when there was water droplets inside the kite, I took days to dry , not easy when you have no big place in a apartment... :lol: I do not know if it will be the case for the Kauper ; I also heard that Kitech had recently implemented such double coated cloth in their FRS

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:53 pm

I have the first XT Falcon, with 25 g/m2, so a few hundred grams lighter the 11 m2 less than 1½ kg.

I dont care about how strong it is, use my 11 m2 Falcon in 6 to max 8 or 9 knots, so no issue.

But most use their kites in a bigger wind range, so makes sense to make them less fragile (just not for me)

8) Peter
These users thanked the author Peter_Frank for the post:
Regis-de-giens (Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:44 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

derek440
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Perth
Favorite Beaches: Coogee
Style: Frothing the foils
Gear: Surf kites, strapless surfboards, foil gear, foil kites
Brand Affiliation: Gin/Flymaax dealer for Australia

Postby derek440 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:31 pm

well that's really interesting, per my (very long sorry) post above about cloth choices I was also thinking maybe 25g is so super light it might not suit many users. The Gin Spirit which I know very well uses slightly heavier fabrics but still i think the best ratio of weight and durability and after checking out the kauper falcon v2 guess what - same weight as Gin Spirits. It seems to me they have come to the same conclusion about fabric choice and I totally agree, its the best ratio availalbe today for most users. This kite looks awesome, I am a Gin dealer/distributor but even i want one, very nice and a cool idea and cool business, well done Kauper.

leeuwen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Anything in NL
Style: Foiling around
Gear: KauperXT 11M Falcon
Ocean Rodeo aluula roam 10m / HL Crave 8m/6m
Slingshot ghost 4M
Sabfoil 1350L,633,699,671/ 83-103 kraken mast / Groove Skate L + Radical / Sabfoil T35
Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby leeuwen » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:51 pm

Looks like he is also working on a higher aspect race-ish kite in bigger sizes.
Might be good for going fast and going big for those who are more into jumping.
Hopefully the construction will be suited for doing big-air kinda loads. True racers will probably get an formula-kite approved kite anyway so that should not be the target audience.

So far I have been happy with my Falcon V1 but I did have some minor repairs that needed to be done one of them a brake-line connectionpoint that had its seam ripped out.
Not sure how it happened, just noticed it at some point. Luckily my local repair guy made an excellent fix for an acceptable amount of money.
Not exactly sure about the hours but I probably have more then 200 hours on my Falcon now.
Would be interesting to fly it back to back with a brand new one to see if/how much performance deteriorated over time but I sadly don't know anyone else with the same kite nearby.

1234567Simon
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Local Beach: Netherland‘s beaches,
Favorite Beaches: Ijmuiden on NW
Gear: Wave Board, Wave Kites, foiling. But Plan to get Back to Twin Tip boosting

Postby 1234567Simon » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:14 pm

200 hours.... Wow...

For me this means 100 Sessions with aprox 2 hours....

I would never reach 100 Sessions with such a Kite....
Thanks for Posting....

Return to “Foil Kites”