Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Wind range sweet spot on a twintip

Postby Adventure Logs » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:03 pm

Indulang wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:55 am

Thanks, Adventure Logs. I've seen some of your youtube videos. Great content! I've seen several other posts besides Nothing2Seehere who claim it gets overpowering at about 14-16kts. But you claim it's hard to reach the top end. Could it be because you have a better than average skill level and/or you're bigger? FYI, I weigh 65kgs.
Hey thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I'm referring to TWINTIP riding when I mean hard to reach top end. I would agree with the above, with your weight on a hydrofoil, I would except mid teens depending on your equipment/skill level.

For comparison I'm about 20 more pies than you (85kg) and on my 15m Soul I could hold down 25kts no problem on a twintip and around 15kts on hydrofoil(at the time on the Nobile hf setup). I'm like you, when possible though I do switch to smallest kite that will work in the wind.

If you are looking at buying used or remaining new stock in the Soul v1, I highly recommend you looking at the 9m. Would be a good in between. If not then I still recommend the 10m.

=Jason-
These users thanked the author Adventure Logs for the post:
Indulang (Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:02 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Foil Kites”