For all foil kite riders
tsuneo
Rare Poster
Gear: Duotone Rebel
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Soul lines packing

Postby tsuneo » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:22 am

^^This is the best way. The more lines including bridles you put on the bar the less can tangle. Never disconnect foil kites if you enjoy your time.

Ice101
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle

Postby Ice101 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:08 am

Just wind the lines around the bar until about the second turn on the green lines. Place the bar over the back of the kite in the centre pull one wing tip across to the other making sure all lines in the centre and roll the wings to the middle. Fold in three. If there is any slack left out from the bar wrap the bar around the venteee of the kite to keep them taught place in the bag with the bar out the top and tucked in to the bar pocket on the side of the outer back pack. Never get any issue when o do this as long as you untwist the bar so that the two sides of bridles are on the right sides before taking the lone elastics off the bar and unwinding the lines fully .

lopor
Rare Poster
Gear: Catalyst 2014 9m, Soul 15 & 10

Postby lopor » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:48 pm

I just found a new way how to pack the kite: putting the bridle lines inside the kite through the central inflation valve/opening. This leaves as little lines to deal with when rolling/packing the kite as possible. When using this technique without the bar attached, just add a simple knot putting all the 4 lines together.

Soleas
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: BIG AIR
Gear: Epic Screamer, Flysurfer Soul
Brand Affiliation: Epickites Cyprus Rep/Rider, Kiteflex team rider

Postby Soleas » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:15 pm

These users thanked the author Soleas for the post (total 3):
nothing2seehere (Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:57 pm) • irwe (Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:01 pm) • Steve271 (Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:58 pm)
Rating: 9.09%

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core

Postby deniska » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:55 pm

Soleas wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:15 pm
great video..
It also shows a gap in perception between people who frequently have issues vs folks who 99% fault proof..
in my experience its way more difficult to pack predictably when you are wrapping up at the top of your kite's wind range..
Think riding 15 soul in 20+ kts... when you would not dare to backstall land and it takes significant effort just to hold a flapping kite in your hands while some grass and branches are flying around and get collected in the bridles.. :-)
Packing in those conditions usually means that I'd have to allocate at least 20 minutes to re-pack at home.. :roll:

Soleas
Frequent Poster

Postby Soleas » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:01 pm

Deniska that is correct, when the wind is strong and the kite flaps all over the place, especially the huge 15m which I also fly sometimes, it definetely isn't that simple. BUT. Since I started leaving the bar on and using the simple method I showed in the video I never had a single issue for the last 3 years of over maybe 500 sessions. I only messed up the bridal once (99.9% fault proof in this case :lol: ) when I first got the foil kite when one day I was in a hurry and threw the bridal inside and rolled the kite without the bar connected .
If someone wants to take the bar off the kite there is also a simple fault proof way which I will demonstrate in another video.

I will make a video on how I setup and launch, how to pack and setup without a bar and also how to untangle the bridal if messed up, easy and fast.

Coming up next..... Stay tuned

chaosgate
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2020
Gear: Sonic3

Postby chaosgate » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:57 am

Soleas wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:01 pm
If someone wants to take the bar off the kite there is also a simple fault proof way which I will demonstrate in another video.
I've only got one bar I use for three kites, and what I end up doing when taking the bar off is this:
  • Separate the bridle nicely so that the front and back line connections for each side are next to each other
  • Disconnect one side at a time, and, without repositioning the bridle, immediately tie the front and back lines together (It helps to first fold them over themselves to get the bundle a little smaller)
  • Roll up each side of the kite separately, with each side's bridle on the inside. Use an extra sandbag to keep the already rolled up side stationary when rolling the other side
  • Make sure the bundles you tied are outside the rolled up kite (that way, the ends of the lines can't move around and tangle in the bridle)

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Moses, Flysurfer

Postby cwood » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:27 pm

Soleas wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:15 pm
Exactly my method. That combined with a "pinch" of lines while I wrap them to keep them oriented "left, centers, right" as much as possible. Rarely an issue.

Jyoder
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Chesapeake Bay (Annapolis area)
Gear: Zeeko bullet Foil and DIY board

Postby Jyoder » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:01 pm

I used to leave the bar on ground on TE side of kite during roll up, but now I throw it over on the LE side in the center and bring wingtips together to roll both at once like doing a deep water pack down. Less risk bar sliding through bridles as kite blows around. Also seems to keep more of the longer bridle lines resting on the kite and into the roll instead of on the ground to get tangled in sticks.

Whenever I roll each wingtip separately I get frustrated how it pushes air into the opposite side, unrolling it, so I have to go back and forth.

Soleas
Frequent Poster

Postby Soleas » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:57 pm

These users thanked the author Soleas for the post:
nothing2seehere (Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:50 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Foil Kites”