Postby kitexpert » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:15 pm

merl
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: HF
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Peak 4.5 mod?

Postby merl » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:33 pm

Here is a start on a spreadsheet for the two lineplans. I might have made some errors in the data transfer, but there seem to be some differences in the long mixer values (only looked at the center of the kite so far). Z seems 5cm shorter for example. Kiteexpert - any advice here on cooking up some suitable line lengths for a mod?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ue&sd=true

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy

Postby kitexpert » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:52 pm

merl wrote: Here is a start on a spreadsheet for the two lineplans. I might have made some errors in the data transfer, but there seem to be some differences in the long mixer values (only looked at the center of the kite so far). Z seems 5cm shorter for example. Kiteexpert - any advice here on cooking up some suitable line lengths for a mod?

But it is not only lines but those triangular keels in which lines attach. They should be of correct size and correctly located on the chord. So for the mod you would need quite many fabric parts and to sew them in

merl
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: HF

Postby merl » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:47 pm

kitexpert wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:52 pm
merl wrote: Here is a start on a spreadsheet for the two lineplans. I might have made some errors in the data transfer, but there seem to be some differences in the long mixer values (only looked at the center of the kite so far). Z seems 5cm shorter for example. Kiteexpert - any advice here on cooking up some suitable line lengths for a mod?

But it is not only lines but those triangular keels in which lines attach. They should be of correct size and correctly located on the chord. So for the mod you would need quite many fabric parts and to sew them in
True, but they are pretty simple parts, and maybe a mod can compromise a bit to further simplify. I assume that the spacing between the points is accurately depicted on the lineplan picture...

Return to “Foil Kites”