Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

test of Hysper v2 from Sky Country, relaunchable single skin

For all foil kite riders
Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: test of Hysper v2 from Sky Country, relaunchable single skin

Postby Regis-de-giens » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:01 pm

new test today of the Hysper2 4m, very "viril" ...
Wind was turbulent and irregular ... from 6 knots in some lulls, up to 39 knots measured in highest gusts ... Swell was big and irregular, up to approx 2.5 and 3 meters, with smaller waves superposed at 90 degrees; I was sometimes impressed to have to "climb" such water "walls" :o ...

But it was "feasible" with this kite ;not very comfortable I must admit, but not in danger, never. I had to fight to keep balance sometimes even with my 1200 cm2 hydrofoil but I only fell twice in the water. I got one fronstall collapse of the Hyper but it recovered its shape in the middle of the window and did not touched the water.

A friend , good foiler, has put his Gong LEI single Strut in the water several times in main lulls ; Otherwise he was managing the wind as well.

In the end I feel into the "wash machine" of the shore break, because in Nice the shore break is so close to the beach (2-3 meters) that you are literally lifted up then the back reflux suck your feet backward into the next wave to come ... I made several rolls under water, shocking the round stones and with the foil at less than 1 meter from me ... but no hurt and no material damage despite the 3 successive washing in those 2-3 m waves ...
These users thanked the author Regis-de-giens for the post:
a99 (Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:32 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.

Postby Regis-de-giens » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:12 pm

New session today with the 14m ; harsh conditions because high shore break in a wind around 6-7 knots at the beginning;
I tried first with the Spirit2 12m; shore break was too high to keep enough constant line tension when swimming into the shore break ... several collapse when reaching the top of the waves, and then I gave up.

Second try with the Hysper2, hoping that its incredible stability will allow me to swim away from the shore; 2nd trial and it works perfectly: letting the kite at zenith , impressively stable, and swimming away with both hands. Then the kite did the job well, with very irregular wind, up to gusts around 16 knots !

Kite is very agile even with slack lines; (provided that you sheet-in frankly) so you can play in the swell even in those poor winds ; kite is not dangerous at all , excellent depower when kite is high in the sky ; but for free ride use, far less comfortable compared to a double skin: more bar pressure, less forward pull, fluttering in lulls, need some tension in the bar to maintain it close to the water.

Nice session anyway thanks to this kite (I doubt I could have swim away with the 18m Pulsion, and would have been over powered when wind dropped around 15 knots)

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Regis-de-giens » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:37 am

for information in case someone is urgently looking for buying a 8m : I can sell mine for 700 euro incl shipment, here : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2413356&p=1170564#p1170564

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Regis-de-giens » Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:45 pm

I have sold my 8m and now will sell my 14m ultralight, if someone is interesting before I advertise the sell to the public;
Kind reminder, kite as new, 27gr cloth (which cost +15% on standard price) , 1350 gr for 14m2 and a hydrophobe coating I made myself to increase light wind relaunchability.
850 Euros, France.

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Regis-de-giens » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:42 pm

14m is now sold. I sell my 4m now :-).
Or exchange with aluula ocean rodeo :-)

Smeagle
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Weight: 88
Local Beach: Zwergern Walchensee, Ambach Starnberger See
Style: Freeride
Gear: Pansh A15 9m, 15m
Pansh Hawk 5m, 8m, 12m
Pansh Kestrel 12m
F-One Diablo V1 8m, V3 13m, 18m
Sky Country Hysper V2 8m, 14m

Cabrinha Switchblade 7m, 9m, 12m
Best TS 15m
JN MrF Air 10m

Spleene RIP39
Spleene Session 45

Gong KiteFoil Curve M-T / Fluid M-T / Fluid S-T / Catch FSP 2X 4'6"

Gong Wing SuperPower 2023 6m, 7,5m
Gong Wing Plus 4m, 5m
Gong WingFoil Fluid XXL-T XL-T L-T M-T, Stemax FLyFoil 6'3 135l, F2 Glide Cross 5'6 120l

Postby Smeagle » Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:21 pm

I just got my Hysper-2 14m. I wanted to get the ultra-light version, but Dmytro talked me out of it. He said, normal material is "light enough" and the stronger/stiffer material gives better flight performance... I think, I will always be unsure, if it was the right decission - but the normal version was readyly available and ultra-light would take some weeks to build for me, so I got the normal version...

Did my first test yesterday. Very low wind, 1..2 knots. Still interessting for me, as I could compare to my Peak4 13m.

Unpacking, first flight (filling up):

Comparison back-to-back to Peak4 13m: (1..2 knots)

After getting to know the kite, I was able to do 360s and keep it in the air mostly by walking (few "sprints"), without any wind. (0..1 knots)

So far, I love it. But of course testing in "no wind" is not really a good test ;)

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Regis-de-giens » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:58 pm

Your back to back comparison with peak will have a great value for everybody.
In your opinion, which is the one you can keep in the air with le lightest wind at zenith ? And by looping it ?

Smeagle
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Weight: 88
Local Beach: Zwergern Walchensee, Ambach Starnberger See
Style: Freeride
Gear: Pansh A15 9m, 15m
Pansh Hawk 5m, 8m, 12m
Pansh Kestrel 12m
F-One Diablo V1 8m, V3 13m, 18m
Sky Country Hysper V2 8m, 14m

Cabrinha Switchblade 7m, 9m, 12m
Best TS 15m
JN MrF Air 10m

Spleene RIP39
Spleene Session 45

Gong KiteFoil Curve M-T / Fluid M-T / Fluid S-T / Catch FSP 2X 4'6"

Gong Wing SuperPower 2023 6m, 7,5m
Gong Wing Plus 4m, 5m
Gong WingFoil Fluid XXL-T XL-T L-T M-T, Stemax FLyFoil 6'3 135l, F2 Glide Cross 5'6 120l

Postby Smeagle » Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:29 pm

Regis-de-giens wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:58 pm
In your opinion, which is the one you can keep in the air with le lightest wind at zenith ? And by looping it ?
It's complicated ;) I can hold the Hysper in the air longer than Peak4 when I keep moving the kite. It will not callapse or fold, like the Peak will do in very low wind. See the 3rd video, wind around 1knots and I mostly only had to walk to keep it up. But I am not 100% sure which will stay "floating" longer in low wind... The Hysper will not park in Zenith like the Peak does. Peak you can just fully depower and it will stay in zentith, Hysper will not do that, at least not as stable as the Peak does.

But it's a little too early for me to be sure... ;) Wind was really bad yesterday... Today it was a little more... But it was very foggy, the kite got a little wet. In 2..3 knots today I had no problem at all to keep it up. Had some short "gusts" to ~4 knots and I can tell, the kite develops a lot of power. But still not really used it with Buggy or Hydrofoil, so I cannot really give a solid opinion on the kite.

And adding to this: The Peak I optimized for very light wind and practiced a lot... I am sure, I will optimize the Hysper, too and get to know it better - and that may very well make it even better than it feels for me now.

Fatso
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 85 to 100
Local Beach: Edinburgh
Kohilari
Style: Surf
Gear: Ozone Reo V5 9m

Postby Fatso » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:37 pm

I just find it amazing that kites like this can even stay in the sky with almost no wind...

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:32 pm

Fatso wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:37 pm
I just find it amazing that kites like this can even stay in the sky with almost no wind...

True, it is crazy how low they can go, in terms of hanging in the air, and even lower when flown.

Thats why many of us love them so much, as they, also the smaller ones, can hang in close to zero wind, so when out and wind drops, you can get ashore most often - opposite to even light LEI kites.

But light LEI kites can have a better powerspike, just like higher aspect double skin foil kites, which is why some of us prefer these in marginal wind.

8) Peter

Return to “Foil Kites”