Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

the Hawk from Pansh

For all foil kite riders
Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat
Brand Affiliation: None

the Hawk from Pansh

Postby Regis-de-giens » Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:05 pm

I just ordered this kite in 8m , for curiosity and because I know the skills of the (French) designer Funalex.

https://panshkite.com/index.php?gOo=goo ... oductname=

This is a small ratio freeride kite that seems to have a good stability, turning and depower thanks to an original speed system (in between classic and turbo bar) . It is developped to sustain medium/ high winds at a reasonnable price.

Let's try ....
Last edited by Regis-de-giens on Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Regis-de-giens for the post:
Smeagle (Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:13 am)
Rating: 3.03%

PabloQ
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Quilmes Buenos Aires
Favorite Beaches: Cauipe, Cumbuco, Cofeco
Style: AirStyle Freeride
Gear: Flysurfer soul, Psycho4, Ocean Rodeo Razor Rise, Naish Park, Vari Condor 2, Slingshot Turbo 3

Re: New kite : the Howk from Pansh

Postby PabloQ » Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:30 pm

Jajaj, the chinesse version of Soul

Fatso
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 85 to 100
Local Beach: Edinburgh
Kohilari
Style: Surf
Gear: Ozone Reo V5 9m

Postby Fatso » Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:37 pm

Pretty cheap, interesting seems to behave like a big air tube kite...

merl
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: HF

Postby merl » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:08 pm

Looks like a soul indeed. The fact that we know who designed it (if your info is correct) gives a lot of confidence in this design; Funalex is a kite genius who has been a constant source of ideas and mods for foil kites for years... I'm curious about the tiny size (4m) as a freeride foiling kite for high wind...

Jyoder
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Chesapeake Bay (Annapolis area)
Gear: Zeeko bullet Foil and DIY board

Re: New kite: the Howk from Pansh

Postby Jyoder » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:42 pm

Curious how the Hawk mixer affects the bar feel and pressure curve compared to other kites. I’ve tried the jackomixer Genesis and noticed it feels quite different, takes new muscle memory to get used to it.

Also curious about 4m as a step down from 6m Soul. I wish Flysurfer made a 4m Soul…

JakeFarley
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Weight: 92kg
Local Beach: Florida Left Coast, USA
Favorite Beaches: Any that are not crowded.
Style: Dinosaur style (Velociraptor)
Gear: Kites: Flysurfer Speed5 21m, Soul 12m, Cabrinha 16m Xbow, 11m Xbow, Best 14m HP Nemesis, 9m Yarga C Hybrid
Boards: Crazyfly 135 x 46 Pro, Cabrinha Spoiler 140, 6' custom surfboard, 122 x 46 custom twintip
Wing foil: Naish Hover 110l, Slingwing 6.4m, F-One CWC Strike 8m, Slingshot Hover Glide Fwing (Infinity 99), Slingshot Phantasm 926 and E 990

Postby JakeFarley » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:46 pm

Looks like a good deal. Anyone buy one of their bars? Are they worth it?

Windigo1
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Foil foil.. and Old School!
Gear: Too many to list

Postby Windigo1 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:50 pm

I have no experience with this one but I have a few Pansh kites that I use on the snow mainly. My experience has been mostly good. The bar is what you would expect 15 years ago from major kite companies. It works but it's not very sophisticated. For snow kiting or flatwater/light wind it's OK but I would not attack huge waves in difficult conditions with this bar. No swivel questionable safety and release.

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:36 pm

merl wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:08 pm
The fact that we know who designed it (if your info is correct) gives a lot of confidence in this design; Funalex is a kite genius who has been a constant source of ideas and mods for foil kites for years... I'm curious about the tiny size (4m) as a freeride foiling kite for high wind...
Yes it is 100 % sure it is Funalex; we were tchating for month in this topic, waiting for the official release of this kite ...
According to him, he prefers the Soul in big sizes but prefers the Hawk on small sizes ; be careful the AR is however lower than a Soul, so saying it is a copy of the Soul is too "summarize" in my opinion; it is somewhere among all medium ratio foils (FR:S, Pulsion, Spiritv2, Nova, Hyperlink, Soul, etc ...)

There is a kind of "tripple depower" that arch the kite when sheet-out for less lift and also incurves the Leading edge but only when depowered, so a bit different than flysurfer former speeds. Hence I suppose (and confirmed by Funalex) and excellent wind range.

He likes the small size the most, so 4m should be a success I suppose. Kite is not a light wind kite and requires more than 10-15 knots to be efficient, whatever the size. So 12m is for heavier riders.
Last edited by Regis-de-giens on Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Oldman_Dave
Frequent Poster
Gear: Foiling only.
Single Strut: Mono, Alpha, Airush coming
Foil: Nova 10m, Peak 4 - 3m to 6m
Triiton T1, Axis HPS700 & HPS930
CarbonCo Nang, Axis Tray94, Naish microchip

Re: New kite: the Hawk from Pansh

Postby Oldman_Dave » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:35 pm

Pansh are a love or hate brand - unfortunately they seem to be let down by their quality control, with some users reporting that you might need to buy 3 to get one that flies out of the box.

merl
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: HF

Postby merl » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:27 am

Regis-de-giens wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:36 pm

There is a kind of "tripple depower" that arch the kite when sheet-out for less lift and also incurves the Leading edge but only when depowered, so a bit different than flysurfer former speeds. Hence I suppose (and confirmed by Funalex) and excellent wind range.
Is that like the effect with the flysurfer speed 3 where you closed the middle air intake to get a more on-off LEI-like depower?

From the speed 3 manual (valve closed):

"3.6. ... Velcro open/open Valve; The kite feels faster by depowering and the profile is more efficient in wind. The kite produces more pull because of the increased glide ratio. This adjustment is the preferred adjustment for achieving maximum performance. (Low wind performance, hangtime and speed)

Velcro closed/Valve closed: in closed condition, the profile is dented when depowering and the ‘depower’ feels more direct, because the kite accelerates less. The structure here is similar to a bow kite. This adjustment is recommended for wave riding, learning new tricks and for those who prefer a very direct depower effect. The Velcro can be closed in steps to 1/3 open and closed. In this way, you can adjust to your preference."

Return to “Foil Kites”