Medium Poster
Local Beach: Perth
Favorite Beaches: Coogee
Style: Frothing the foils
Gear: Surf kites, strapless surfboards, foil gear, foil kites
Brand Affiliation: Gin/Flymaax dealer for Australia

Re: Gin PG: new technology

Postby derek440 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:50 am

Nice design concepts! The Kujira is a great hydrofoil (it has tubercles) i've used it for wingfoil and kitefoil, i have 1210 for wingding and got the 1098 high aspect also but haven't tried it yet, and have the 750 for kitefoil (note these are all projected areas which is a weird way to name your wings imo). I find they have good early lift and stability at speed, its hard to explain but speaking to the guys who have ridden Gin Boomerang 12 paragliders they said soemthing similar, it feels a bit like a deisel compared to a petrol motor, it has lots of low down smooth power and is very stable and relctant to stall - way more than a wing without tubercles. The paraglider gang reckon this will help going to higher performance designs using the new extra stability and control and bottom end. With the 750 for kitefoil its not as noticable, its closer to a normal hydrofoil but the 1210 for its size is a high performance windfoil with the impressive top end you'd expect but an unexpectedly good bottom end too, possibly due to the extra and early lift of the tubercle design.
These users thanked the author derek440 for the post:
Nelis (Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:12 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Foil Kites”