Re: Pansh Kestrel, new high performance kite

Postby phildaintree » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:39 pm

Windigo1 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:11 pm
SolarSet wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:53 pm
mede wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:40 pm
Regis - why would you use a 15 foil kite instead of a lightweight reactive 12m2 tube kite in 9-16 knts kitefoiling, if there is no advantage in super light wind also (not a polemic question, really interested)?
Tube kite will fall of sky once you get to 8-9kts not careful, once wind pick up even to 10kts it will be way more difficult to relaunch tube vs foil kite. Good foil kite will hang in air in 6-7kts unlike any tube
What kind of tube kite do you use? I can foil for hours in 8-9 knots with my Airush Ultra and it will never touch the water. This is the kind of wind we get often in the summer when the late afternoon breeze comes in!
Me too! I am 85kg on an 890cm2 wing with a Switch Helium 12m with a projected area of 8.44 m2 8 knots it is comfortable enjoyable foiling - 7 knots i am looping like mad to keep it in the air and 6 knots I am in trouble.
It surprises me that the 12m Kestrel with a projected area of 10.2 m2 (+ 1.76 m2 than the Helium) has a minimum wind requirement of 8.5 knots foiling!?
Irrespective, I have ordered one and will be dissappointed if it is not more comfortable than my Helium 12m at 7 knots.

PugetSoundKiter
Frequent Poster
Style: Wake TT, Strapless Surfboard, Landboard
Gear: Cabrinha, Ocean Rodeo, Slingshot, Naish, North, Pansh, Ozone, HQ, Peter Lynn
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby PugetSoundKiter » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:14 pm

11m Peak, PA=9.2 and on long lines to 7knts should be fine plus it stays airborne in a few less knots. 13m will for sure.

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:49 pm

New test. 8-10 knots with 700 cm2 hydrofoil.

In view of the low wind and excellent stability of the Kestrel, I tried to test a bit more camber , like i often do on most of my foilkites. Mixer Setting system is original and excellent, without any knots. Probably my kite style in light wind with my light weight, but I prefered with this camber in this low wind, more power, still extremely stable, even more agile, still excellent gust absorber.

High camber increases the bar pressure, so with this special +50% turbo mixer , after one hour ride with a lot of tricks at one (rear) hand , it was a bit physical compared to gin Spirit . Not a problem above 10 knots but rather in light wind if you do tricks after tricks from toeside. Next time i may try to deactivate the turbo pulley, just to see (33% less bar pressure but less agile) if my large bar do the job.

I almost succeed to land a double backroll in 9-10 knots , which was so great.... Jumps are so easy to launch and landing in high confidence... So you do not fear to test, both from safety (depower) and collapse (stability at end of window) point of view.

flying grandpa
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Siemiany,
Favorite Beaches: Stegna, Orle, Karwia
Style: hydrofoil long distance, slalom, waves
Gear: ZEEKO, Takuma, Sonic, Kestrel
Brand Affiliation: NONE

Postby flying grandpa » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:19 pm

Regis-de-giens wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:49 pm
New test. 8-10 knots with 700 cm2 hydrofoil.

Setting system is original and excellent, without any knots. Probably my kite style in light wind with my light weight, but I prefered with this camber in this low wind, more power, still extremely stable, even more agile, still excellent gust absorber.

High camber increases the bar pressure, so with this special +50% turbo mixer , after one hour ride with a lot of tricks at one (rear) hand , it was a bit physical compared to gin Spirit
Thank you, Regis for your valuable opinion.
Would you mind to describe the mixer? Will it be easy to regulate it after half a year? As I understand, there are 3 pulleys on each side?
Looking forward for your more reports on this kite

Smeagle
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Weight: 88
Local Beach: Zwergern Walchensee, Ambach Starnberger See
Style: Freeride
Gear: Pansh A15 9m, 15m
Pansh Hawk 5m, 8m, 12m
Pansh Kestrel 12m
F-One Diablo V1 8m, V3 13m, 18m
Sky Country Hysper V2 8m, 14m

Cabrinha Switchblade 7m, 9m, 12m
Best TS 15m
JN MrF Air 10m

Spleene RIP39
Spleene Session 45

Gong KiteFoil Curve M-T / Fluid M-T / Fluid S-T / Catch FSP 2X 4'6"

Gong Wing SuperPower 2023 6m, 7,5m
Gong Wing Plus 4m, 5m
Gong WingFoil Fluid XXL-T XL-T L-T M-T, Stemax FLyFoil 6'3 135l, F2 Glide Cross 5'6 120l

Postby Smeagle » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:50 am

flying grandpa wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:19 pm
Thank you, Regis for your valuable opinion.
Would you mind to describe the mixer? Will it be easy to regulate it after half a year? As I understand, there are 3 pulleys on each side?
Looking forward for your more reports on this kite
The third pulley is not really part of the mixer, so does not make things more complicated, you do mixer test without the 3rd pulley engaged. B and C can be adjusted freely. (C also changes B 1/2)
These users thanked the author Smeagle for the post:
flying grandpa (Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:45 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.

Postby Regis-de-giens » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:18 pm

Exactly,.
Yes , easy to realign the mixer after years (far more rapid than flysurfer, 15 seconds per pulley maximum on the beach... )

And very very precise because no knots + the setting stroke is trippled vs final briddle length variation.
These users thanked the author Regis-de-giens for the post (total 2):
flying grandpa (Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:45 pm) • Smeagle (Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:09 am)
Rating: 6.06%

Smeagle
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Weight: 88
Local Beach: Zwergern Walchensee, Ambach Starnberger See
Style: Freeride
Gear: Pansh A15 9m, 15m
Pansh Hawk 5m, 8m, 12m
Pansh Kestrel 12m
F-One Diablo V1 8m, V3 13m, 18m
Sky Country Hysper V2 8m, 14m

Cabrinha Switchblade 7m, 9m, 12m
Best TS 15m
JN MrF Air 10m

Spleene RIP39
Spleene Session 45

Gong KiteFoil Curve M-T / Fluid M-T / Fluid S-T / Catch FSP 2X 4'6"

Gong Wing SuperPower 2023 6m, 7,5m
Gong Wing Plus 4m, 5m
Gong WingFoil Fluid XXL-T XL-T L-T M-T, Stemax FLyFoil 6'3 135l, F2 Glide Cross 5'6 120l

Postby Smeagle » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:10 am

Ah, found the video...

Mixer is the same as on Pansh Hawk:

These users thanked the author Smeagle for the post:
PugetSoundKiter (Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:15 pm)

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Regis-de-giens » Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:56 am

New test, 6-10 knots, average 8. Foil 1200 cm ketos, 61kg.

I tried the kite by deactivate the turbo pulley (2 min on the beach without tools nor pigtails) in order to see if the gain in bar pressure would compensate the loss in agility. With my 65 cm bar , agility was still better than most of foilkite, so i prefer like this for my "kiteloop program".

I tried with "exagerated camber" to optimize the power in such low wind, but it was too much (profile rupture, lateral pull, light but recurent wing unstabilities when directing the kite very hard during loops) ; so i came back to "close to standard set up , just +3 cm on C. And it was fine. "Very" fine.

Even in 7- 8 knots i had a lot of fun. Put twice in the water due to mistake, twice relaunch in less than 20 seconds despite low wind. My friend with his loved sonic3 13m was able to ride, about same speed at 90 degree, but came back by swimming when his sonic touched the water once, relaunch failed while kite was not tangled and in position to.partially catch wind .

Jumps were possible, easy, but not very high nor long hangtime. With my current technic, gin spirit is more powerful and jump significantly higher and longer. Jumps with sonic 13m were similar.
You can ride fast, but pointing 90 or 100 degree. Not a race machine when you want to point upwind.

Depower is incredible, even in the middle of the wind window. Faaaar better and more secure than gin spirit. I think the high end is doubled on the Kestrel. We feel that this kite has an extreme high end!

Overall, you do not feel the high AR.... Both on the easiness, agility, no backstall at all, stable at zenith or 11h even in 6 knots a d without griping the bar, instant depower ... but also limited vmg or height / hangtime in its lowend.

Thanks to its depower, it should be a jump champion in 15-20 knots i expect...
These users thanked the author Regis-de-giens for the post (total 5):
Smeagle (Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:33 am) • nothing2seehere (Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:49 am) • phildaintree (Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:20 pm) • flying grandpa (Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:45 pm) • jakemoore (Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:50 pm)
Rating: 15.15%

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy

Postby kitexpert » Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:52 pm

Let me tell you about the latest addition to the kiteboarding world: the Pansh kite. This kite is the real deal, and I am excited to share my experience with you. It's tremendous. It's huge, It's got power, it's got speed, and it's got agility. When I first saw the Pansh kite, I thought to myself, this is a game-changer. It's going to take the kiteboarding world by storm. And I was right. This kite is something special, it's the biggest and best kite out there. I can confidently say that this kite has the potential to make kiteboarding great again!

Let me start by saying that the Pansh kite is built like a tank. The quality of the materials is top-notch, and the stitching is meticulous. I have been using it for a while now, and I am blown away by how durable it is. This kite can handle some serious abuse, and it still performs like a dream.

But the real test of a kite is how it performs in the air, and let me tell you, this kite flies like a dream. It's fast, responsive, and incredibly stable. I've never felt so confident on a kite before. The jumps are out of this world; I felt like a kangaroo soaring through the air. And when it comes to depowering, the Pansh kite has got it covered.

The Pansh kite also comes with a new mixer that takes the performance to the next level. The mixer is designed to increase the kite's stability and improve its turning speed. This feature allows for more dynamic kiteboarding experience and makes it easier to control the kite in the air. It's like the Pansh engineers took all the best features of other kites and combined them into one amazing package.

I can't help but mention the affordability of the Pansh kite as well. It is incredibly reasonably priced, and it's perfect for anyone who is looking for a high-performance kite without breaking the bank. Now, I know there are some critics out there who will try to bring this kite down. They'll say it's too expensive, or that it's not as good as other kites on the market. But let me tell you, folks, those are just lies. Those critics are just jealous of the success of the Pansh kite. They don't want you to experience the thrill of flying this amazing kite.

In conclusion, I am thoroughly impressed with the Pansh kite. It's a game-changer in the kiteboarding world, and I can't recommend it enough. The quality of the materials and the durability of the kite are second to none, and the performance in the air is simply outstanding. And with the new mixer, the kiteboarding experience is taken to a whole new level.

So don't listen to the fake news, folks. Get yourself a Pansh kite, and make kiteboarding great again. You won't regret it, I guarantee it.
These users thanked the author kitexpert for the post:
jakemoore (Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:49 pm)

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Regis-de-giens » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:43 pm

Strange post... I was wondering which conclusion would lead to a kind of parody... But nothing that obvious finally. Any reason you do not name "Kestrel" (except parody :-) ?

You seem to be happy, which makes us all happy as well for you.

Do you really own one and which wind / size and support have you tested it ?

Ps: mixer is a standard mixer, just a way to extend bar through (and bar pressure...) Like a "half pulley bar". Finally on big size and "freestyle-hydrofoil" , i prefer with standard mixer for lighter bar pressure.
These users thanked the author Regis-de-giens for the post:
flying grandpa (Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:32 am)

Return to “Foil Kites”